Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemoon27 said:
Sorry but in several games his tactics have been very clueless,For instance Bayern everyone in the stadium could see we were getting run ragged in the midfield and it needed changing but not him,today why the fck would you change the defence,fatigue bollox, we played tuesday they played wednesday and we haven't got a game for 2 weeks now.Out of 18 points away from home we have got 4,we all laugh at them twats saying they wont even make top 4 the way we are going we wont

BRING BACK BOBBY

I loved Mancini as our manager but I don't believe in going back to previous managers...

Jumanji said:
80s Shorts said:
BillyShears said:
You can make whatever comparisons you like, he's the manager we've got. He made some selections errors today which he either learns from or he doesn't. but his tactics didn't lose us the match.

I can understand the anger because we lost a game shouldn't have. Not sure what else I can say. I believe in the manager and the team, but I can see there are people who don't. Lets see what the league looks like at the end of December.

What a crock of shit.

On the one hand you say he made selection errors and on the other you say his tactics didn't lose us the match.

Any fool can see that team selection affects tactics and visa versa.
I guess his point went well over your head, then?

In what way ?

Are you saying that enforced team selection does not influence the tactics for a particular game ?

we have all been seduced by barca this, tiki taka that, let's sign loads of tappy tappy midgets and then our manager (WHO ARRIVED FROM MALAGA) doesn't pick half our summer signings (today accepted) & appears to be averse to players making forward runs or forward passes in the final third.

If his la liga style doesn't work in the Premiership then why is he here?

Baffled.

Oh, and sorry, but can someone please tell me what the fuck Txiki Begiristain has done for this club

Marvin said:
bluemoon27 said:
Sorry but in several games his tactics have been very clueless,For instance Bayern everyone in the stadium could see we were getting run ragged in the midfield and it needed changing but not him,today why the fck would you change the defence,fatigue bollox, we played tuesday they played wednesday and we haven't got a game for 2 weeks now.Out of 18 points away from home we have got 4,we all laugh at them twats saying they wont even make top 4 the way we are going we wont

BRING BACK BOBBY
In that case Barcelona and Guardiola are clueless too

Dortmund lost this weekend too, and lost at home to Arsenal. Should they sack Klopp?

Teams are vulnerable after midweek European games. Look what happened to Spurs, and Chelsea.

There will come a point when we can no longer find explanations / excuses for the away form, but give the manager a chance. He has had big problems to deal with. Would you seriously blame him for the Nasty back header to hart at Chelsea, or the inability to clear corners at Cardiff? We've just had a series of poor away performances.

Cardiff, Villa, Stoke and sunderland away - 1 point I would expect Hollaway to get more with this squad - We all comment how the Rags squad is poorer and lacking in Midfield - they are now above us with another 6 teams. Southampton seem to be doing ok playing the same players every week the CL is not an excuse. The rags won week in week out for years whilst playin in the CL - you need to sign quality players and know how to playthem to win matches.

de niro said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
de niro said:
you can't help injuries but to weaken yourself further with rotation is criminal.

lets hope Salford paul was right.

The decision to change both fullbacks when already having to make 3 changes was criminal.

correct.

particularly as one of them has seemingly forgotten how to play football and must have done that since the last training session for Pelle to have picked him.

cookster said:
Marvin said:
TGR said:
Excellent post and it sums up the feeling of a lot of fans on here.
However I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply to your post...
That's because it's a stupid question

There's not an exact science to winning a game, and it depends on your team imposing their game on the opposition

Don't think anyone can disagree with the manager's own summary

“I really can’t believe we lost this match,” said the City boss.

“Sunderland have won the match with just one chance in the whole 90 minutes while we have several opportunities to score and maybe at least take a point but we didn’t do it - this can happen sometimes in football.

“When you fall behind you are always chasing the game and the clock is against you and it becomes more difficult as time goes on and maybe you start to rush your passes trying to find a way back into the game.

Pellegrini refused to blame the referee for the loss, despite Bardsley appearing to foul James Milner in the build-up to the goal.

He said: “It doesn’t matter whether it was a foul or not because the referee decides what is a foul and what isn’t – he decided it wasn’t and that’s all that counts.

“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me.

“The Premier League is very close and there are six or seven teams trying to win the title and there are lots of games to play – we are playing well away from home but perhaps we just need a little bit more luck

You really are a grade A weapon Marvin.

You have the cheek to say "it's a stupid question" and "there's no science" then quote a formula "your team imposing their game on the opposition" . Irony of a bellend!

Marvin why the fuck was it a stupid question I asked of Billy. He said he had faith in MP to get it right and I asked him genuinely no piss taking why he believed that and he answered albeit without giving me his reasons? Maybe we should just resort back to slagging each other off then instead, but Billy knows me well enough not to resort to that.

Marvin. are you real, you dont think that the shite results we have had to the four away teams have anything to do with the team selections, or the tactics.F.F.S.

Marvin said:
TGR said:
Marvin said:
It's very easy for so called supporters to pile the pressure on in the aftermath of a defeat, but a manager isn't always to be blamed for a bad result

There are specific reasons for the defeats at Cardiff, Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland, and I'm sure there are some things that Pellegrini should have done differently, but I can't really blame him today for the poor result no more than I can blame Mourinho and AVB for their poor recent results

You'd do better looking at a particular tactic that you don't like and raising a question of why we're doing that.

Two or three games in I was very criticial of Pellegrini because I thought our entire game plan was totally awry at Cardiff and at home to Hull. We looked a shadow of the team we were.

Today we played poorly, but I'm confident that given the opportunity of playing a strong team we'll be challenging for the title in May.

I genuinely and honestly hope you are right Marvin come May. However I have to say on what we have seen so far away from home and the repeated mistakes I really am starting to lose hope.
I genuinely do hope that you are right and that I am wrong.
What are the repeated mistakes that Pellegrini is making?

I see repeated poor away performances, but I can't link these to Pellegrini selection and tactics. if I could, I'd be critical too

For me, it's a combination of bad luck away from home, and injuries to defensive players.

If we had started the season, and knew that hart and Kompany would be out, I think we could all predict a few away defeats. teams know they can get at us at the moment. Even when Hart was in, he was weak, or presented as weak, and we had to take him out of the firing line as he was getting so much stick in the media

My biggest concern with pellegrini is playing two up front away and picking Garcia especially in partnership with toure, also milner on the wing,can't get my head around these

I believe if we had played 4 2 3 1 away this season and changed it if needed we would be lying in 1st or 2nd place now, the players have let him down on several occasions as well, the answer isx very rarely black and white

de niro said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
de niro said:
you can't help injuries but to weaken yourself further with rotation is criminal.

lets hope Salford paul was right.

The decision to change both fullbacks when already having to make 3 changes was criminally incompetent.

correct.

I think that's nearer the mark. The guy has been exposed as being no better than average and is living on borrowed time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.