Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
Marvin said:
TGR said:
Far from a stupid question.
Or is it the questions that point out a few home truths are just 'stupid' Marvin?
It's very easy for so called supporters to pile the pressure on in the aftermath of a defeat, but a manager isn't always to be blamed for a bad result

There are specific reasons for the defeats at Cardiff, Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland, and I'm sure there are some things that Pellegrini should have done differently, but I can't really blame him today for the poor result no more than I can blame Mourinho and AVB for their poor recent results

You'd do better looking at a particular tactic that you don't like and raising a question of why we're doing that.

Two or three games in I was very criticial of Pellegrini because I thought our entire game plan was totally awry at Cardiff and at home to Hull. We looked a shadow of the team we were.

Today we played poorly, but I'm confident that given the opportunity of playing a strong team we'll be challenging for the title in May.

I genuinely and honestly hope you are right Marvin come May. However I have to say on what we have seen so far away from home and the repeated mistakes I really am starting to lose hope.
I genuinely do hope that you are right and that I am wrong.
What are the repeated mistakes that Pellegrini is making?

I see repeated poor away performances, but I can't link these to Pellegrini selection and tactics. if I could, I'd be critical too

For me, it's a combination of bad luck away from home, and injuries to defensive players.

If we had started the season, and knew that hart and Kompany would be out, I think we could all predict a few away defeats. teams know they can get at us at the moment. Even when Hart was in, he was weak, or presented as weak, and we had to take him out of the firing line as he was getting so much stick in the media

hilts said:
Has anybody thought that maybe our manager and the previous one(he who cannot be named as someone put it rather well) don't have a clue why we are dropping so many points away from home? maybe they are as perplexed as the rest of us?

Both managers have made decisions that have baffled us fans, all managers do, nearly all teams defend deep against us at home we overcome it away we don't, why? has to be the players is the only answer i can come up with

Pellegrini should get the full season to turn it around and i hope he does because the alternative is a new manager and a large rebuild of the squad

The alternative is Patrick Viera. Already here, already respected (and feared), and already fully aware of what's expected.

bluemoon27 said:
Sorry but in several games his tactics have been very clueless,For instance Bayern everyone in the stadium could see we were getting run ragged in the midfield and it needed changing but not him,today why the fck would you change the defence,fatigue bollox, we played tuesday they played wednesday and we haven't got a game for 2 weeks now.Out of 18 points away from home we have got 4,we all laugh at them twats saying they wont even make top 4 the way we are going we wont

BRING BACK BOBBY
In that case Barcelona and Guardiola are clueless too

Dortmund lost this weekend too, and lost at home to Arsenal. Should they sack Klopp?

Teams are vulnerable after midweek European games. Look what happened to Spurs, and Chelsea.

There will come a point when we can no longer find explanations / excuses for the away form, but give the manager a chance. He has had big problems to deal with. Would you seriously blame him for the Nasty back header to hart at Chelsea, or the inability to clear corners at Cardiff? We've just had a series of poor away performances.

BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:
Billy genuine question can you outline for me just what your hanging your faith on with him to get the away form right and how he's going to go about it? 4pts out of 18 and today showed me he's learnt absolutely sweet FA from the previous five league games including the one solitary win. I looked at him sat on the bench with his head down and he looked absolutely clueless, indeed if it was Moyes there'd be a 50 page thread by now laughing at him. If it was Hughes we'd be saying he hasn't got a clue tactically - Obviously - and if it was Mancini we'd be sat hear now saying it's clear for all to see he's lost the dressing room. It's damn easy to tag on throwaway lines that fit the right manager and if enough people say it then it becomes fact.

One away defeat to Cardiff in their first home game well it would be understandable, Stoke well we never win there and so it was a point gained, Villa we eased the pain with three shots and three goals it wont happen again and put it down to individual errors that will be ironed out on the training pitch whilst Chelsea saw Joe Hart becoming the fall guy. All very true and easily explained away until today when all the above was played out in those 90mins. New manager understandably gets his win, individual errors cost us the goal, they probably only had one shot and scored one goal and Garcia is this weeks fall guy.

It's all too predictable he didn't do anything that I thought was off the cuff, unpredictable and might catch the opposition off guard. We were slow and narrow and pedestrian like in the first 45mins when we should have been stretching them whilst the second half when from the outset they put eleven men behind the ball we had no idea how to fathom our way through it. Time after time just throwing poor quality crosses into the box. It was so reminiscent of the last minute winner they got there in our title winning season where we continually hit a brick wall. Watching MP on the bench, head down I genuinely thought if this was three years down the line we'd be saying he's got to go as he looked a beaten man. He didn't fill me with any confidence one bit, he didn't at any point make me feel like he could change today's game it's a genuine concern that needs addressing immediately.

So what now? Do we start a Pellegrini Out movement in November?

I dunno Josh. Within the context of the league as a whole, this reaction feels very knee jerk to me. I like the way we play football. We lacked imagination because Pellegrini got his team selection wrong. It happens.

If I am being honest if somebody would have said back in August that MP's position might well be on dodgy ground then I would have told them it would have been stupid , preposterous and out right damn fucking ridiculous to contemplate. However that was back in August. Football is like any other business in that you don't get time to make the same mistakes over and over again, you have to learn and learn quick, easy enough to say for fans like us that aren't in the hot seat but hey that's the way it is, we pays our money we give our opinion.

I was a Mancini fan, not necessarily an inner as I want what's best for the club and if people better qualified than me say he's an arrogant man who can't be tolerated then I go with the decision. The problem though is by removing the man who brought us our first silverware then they better have a fucking good replacement and so far it's been to coin a City phrase 'a bit of a rollercoaster ride' and after a few years of solidity and success it started to feel good, hell it felt fucking great. I'm not sure I want to strap myself in for another rollercoaster, another up and down season of results. I don't think with a squad like ours we need a season of adjustment. It's not being arrogant to say that we're much better than that nowadays. The squad is fantastic and we've bought good players that should come in and integrate easier than in the past and individual errors should not keep being repeated and it's always the same type.

No I don't think I want a Pellegrini out movement just yet, I haven't got the energy for that for one thing but he has to quickly start getting it right away from home. In a short period of time he has used up all his get out of jail cards for me. The Champions League has bought him some time especially with the press but in the one game where we faced some genuine competition it was his naivety and lack of willing to make a change and try something different that alarmed me far more than the result.

Yes at times the football we have played has been a joy to watch but then again it was at times under Mancini and rightly so with the players available at both their disposal. He has until the end of December for me to get the defence into a unit and if he has to abandon some of his favoured attacking football so be it. At this level it's no longer about giving somebody four or five years to mould his squad its all about the here and now rightly or wrongly.

Cheesy said:
Marvin said:
de niro said:
you can't help injuries but to weaken yourself further with rotation is criminal.

lets hope Salford paul was right.
Rotation due to injury. We knew that Nasty was injured.

Zaba? Clichy?

Your optimism is admirable Marv, but it's completely blind.

Marvin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.