Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

Marvin said:
onceabluealways said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Agree with this. Think some of our fans need to grow a spine, if they are worried about us looking stupid.
Don't know why losing games makes us look stupid, but there you go. Pellers got it wrong first half (IMO)
and then changed it. We had all the 2nd half. It is not his fault, the players on the pitch were unable to break down
a stubborn defence and that includes ALL players, not just the scapegoats.

To call the man a clown (because we got a bad result) is just name calling and childish. He was ok after
last week's result. He is new to the job (as said by above poster) and think he deserves more than 11 weeks
before we all hang him.

Sorry I don't agree - he watches City all the time like we do - when i saw the team i commented on how difficult it will be to break Sunderland down without silva and he should have started with Navas. It seems to me that his philosophy was we scored loads against Norwich and will just do the same, whereas he should be looking at the way we normally play with a reliant on silva. Therefore he had options give Yaya a free roll to play in the hole , play Navas, play 5 in midfield with more width.

This is were the manager earns his wage, Anyone can just throw the same team out knowing they are playing Ok and should win. Garcia and yaya in midfield is just poor IMO and I agree with other posters - If we are forced to make midfield and Central defense changes then why drop zab our best fullback.

I realised before the kick off why did it take 45 minutes for hime to realise the same thing. watch Mourinho if its not working he doesn't wait for 45 or 60 minutes he makes the change right away.
Yes Mourinho is doing just great. He then rants after the match and says he either made 11 mistakes, or the ref cost him the game

I'm not happy at all with where we are. We know full well, we could so easily be top and walking away with this League, but that's what also gives me hope for the rest of the season.

I don't think Mourinho is perfect , the point i make is that good managers don't make changes just because its HT or 60 minutes have passed. look at the bayern game - all around me could see the problem yet his first change was around 55 minutes and was a like for like - that does not seem to be someone this an astute tactical brain to me. I understand wht he started with the team that played against bayern as they had demolished the rags, but you have to adapt a lot quicker when it's going wrong

BillyShears said:
George Hannah said:
and so rich it's like a slice of fruit cake, coming from a poster who wanted the previous manager sacked from the hour he was appointed.

As time progresses I'm sure that "the hour he was appointed" will become "before he even got the job".

It's a shame when you have to lie because you've not really got anywhere else to go. Rest assured of one thing though ... I won't be on here telling you to "fuck off and go support Chelsea you cancer on our club" because you don't rate the manager. Whoever he may be and whatever your reasons may be.

Some of us did actually say he wasn't the right choice before he was even appointed.

BillyShears said:
George Hannah said:
Perhaps their initial enthusiasm has just proved misplaced, Pellegrini just smiles his way through post match defeat interviews telling us all how mystifying it is that his superior side failed to win. He knows he's safe in his job no matter what.

Not to wantonly pick a fight but again it's amazing how the narrative on this forum has changed from six months ago where a certain faction are concerned. We've gone from "we're not Chelsea, we show patience with our managers, our owners don't act like Abramovich" - to basically "sack the manager he's a clueless puppet" after he's not even been in charge for half a season.

You're right though .... he knows his job is safe because as I've stated he's only been in charge a few months, we're six points off being top, we've qualified from our CL group, are still in the league cup, and have the FA Cup to play for.

Any talk of jobs not being safe is wishful thinking from the aforementioned faction who are just desperate for Pellegrini to fail.

I certainly don't want him to fail and whilst I don't think he's in any sort of immediate threat of the sack how many more away games can we afford to lose before he is?

West Brom, Southampton and Fulham are our next 3 aways in the league, we've got to take at least 6 points from those given our tricky run of home fixtures but on our form so far we're looking a 2 points from those. We've pissed away our easy start and it's time for Pellegrini to start showing he can learn.

Pellegrini doesn't play the gallery like Mancini did, one of the reasons why some haven't warmed.

For me, In the 5 away games that we haven't won, we played well in the 3 games at Chelsea, Villa and Cardiff. Stupid errors cost us points in those games. We should have got at least a point each in those games which would give us 3 points more.

In the Stoke game and yesterday we were just really poor. Yesterday was very similar to a lot of away games from last year where we started slowly and left it far too late to get going.

It needs to be highlighted that we were hamstrung by a midfield that contained a real lack of creativity, in Garcia, Milner and an increasingly common slack Yaya away performance.

In truth, is Milner of any higher quality than Gardner or Larsson? Not really. Milner escapes criticism because of his workrate, but this escapes the cold truth that beyond our first XI we are not as strong as many make out.

This away form won't continue forever. Pellegrini is right when he says we need to carry on in the same way, in regards to Villa, Chelsea performances - whilst cutting out the errors - but there also needs to be a sharpening in focus of a few (Yaya) and a long term improvement in the squad.

We should be looking to get a CB in January. Someone to be first choice. Nastasic is not the finished article and if Kompany is regularly injured, we need a World class partner for when Nastasic does play.

Summer targets should include: LB and a CM for when Fernandinho out and Yaya needs a rest/not interested.

without a dream said:
I certainly don't want him to fail and whilst I don't think he's in any sort of immediate threat of the sack how many more away games can we afford to lose before he is?

West Brom, Southampton and Fulham are our next 3 aways in the league, we've got to take at least 6 points from those given our tricky run of home fixtures but on our form so far we're looking a 2 points from those. We've pissed away our easy start and it's time for Pellegrini to start showing he can learn.

To be honest, my opinion of our owners is that they will give Pellegrini time and space just like they did Mancini and Hughes. I know this isn't going to find favour amongst some, but it's certainly something I believe pretty strongly. Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon haven't really struck me at any point as being impatient men who buckle and panic at the first sign of trouble.

BillyShears said:
George Hannah said:
Perhaps their initial enthusiasm has just proved misplaced, Pellegrini just smiles his way through post match defeat interviews telling us all how mystifying it is that his superior side failed to win. He knows he's safe in his job no matter what.

Not to wantonly pick a fight but again it's amazing how the narrative on this forum has changed from six months ago where a certain faction are concerned. We've gone from "we're not Chelsea, we show patience with our managers, our owners don't act like Abramovich" - to basically "sack the manager he's a clueless puppet" after he's not even been in charge for half a season.

You're right though .... he knows his job is safe because as I've stated he's only been in charge a few months, we're six points off being top, we've qualified from our CL group, are still in the league cup, and have the FA Cup to play for.

Any talk of jobs not being safe is wishful thinking from the aforementioned faction who are just desperate for Pellegrini to fail.

Crikey, you are not suggesting that there are some hypocrites on here, are you?<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:57 am --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
without a dream said:

To be honest, my opinion of our owners is that they will give Pellegrini time and space just like they did Mancini and Hughes. I know this isn't going to find favour amongst some, but it's certainly something I believe pretty strongly. Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon haven't really struck me at any point as being impatient men who buckle and panic at the first sign of trouble.

The idea that they would remotely entertain getting rid of Pellegrini now is as preposterous as the suggestion that we should.

BillyShears said:
without a dream said:

If our 'points trajectory' isn't looking good for top 3 by Christmas I think they'll give it some serious thought, not qualifying for the champions league would be disastrous.

I don't see him as incompetent though so there shouldn't be any danger of that, injuries or not he's got comfortably the best squad in the league an at some point you've got to assume he'll realise their potential consistently.

6one said:
Pellegrini doesn't play the gallery like Mancini did, one of the reasons why some haven't warmed.

For me, In the 5 away games that we haven't won, we played well in the 3 games at Chelsea, Villa and Cardiff. Stupid errors cost us points in those games. We should have got at least a point each in those games which would give us 3 points more.

In the Stoke game and yesterday we were just really poor. Yesterday was very similar to a lot of away games from last year where we started slowly and left it far too late to get going.

It needs to be highlighted that we were hamstrung by a midfield that contained a real lack of creativity, in Garcia, Milner and an increasingly common slack Yaya away performance.

In truth, is Milner of any higher quality than Gardner or Larsson? Not really. Milner escapes criticism because of his workrate, but this escapes the cold truth that beyond our first XI we are not as strong as many make out.

This away form won't continue forever. Pellegrini is right when he says we need to carry on in the same way, in regards to Villa, Chelsea performances - whilst cutting out the errors - but there also needs to be a sharpening in focus of a few (Yaya) and a long term improvement in the squad.

We should be looking to get a CB in January. Someone to be first choice. Nastasic is not the finished article and if Kompany is regularly injured, we need a World class partner for when Nastasic does play.

Summer targets should include: LB and a CM for when Fernandinho out and Yaya needs a rest/not interested.
100% agree.
shouldnt even play Yaya against the smaller teams. Also, can't believe how Nastasic is expected to lead the defence when Kompany's out. He's way too young and makes too many mistakes.
Agree also that we need a CB, 2LB's but tbh after Aguero and Negredo are you really happy having Dzeko? it's like our version of Bendtner. Though not quite as useless.
Replace Milner and Garcia to boot.

6one said:

Interesting comment

I agree about buying a central defender. I like what I have seen so far from Demichelis. Unlike Nastasic and Lescott he seems to be a real leader and is coming out of defence and looking to play passes, however I also suspect he is a little short of pace and maybe caught out at times for example he was unable to cut Torres out in that sprint to the goalline

But I disagree about Milner. I like him very much. He's used wide a lot, but I think his best position is central midfield.

I don't think we played well at Cardiff at all. We were very complacent in possession. We really needed to approach that very first away game with a much stronger mentality and everything that has happened since stems from the weakness we showed in that game.

We don't need to add players. The rest of the Premiership and the entire City fan base is looking at the players we have and wondering how they can lose at Sunderland etc. It should not be happening, and it will not continue to happen. Some may say that's blind faith, but I've seen what these players can do and I have seen them overcome problems before so they deserve respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.