Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
without a dream said:
If our 'points trajectory' isn't looking good for top 3 by Christmas I think they'll give it some serious thought, not qualifying for the champions league would be disastrous.

Seriously disagree mate, that's all I can say. I've not seen anything from them to suggest that manager won't at the bare minimum get 18 months before any serious analysis is done of his time in charge. I don't think it's realistic to suggest we won't finish in the top 4 btw.

Also Txiki and Ferran have experience with slow starts to a season. IIRC Rijkaard couldn't win a game for love nor money during his first few months in charge at Barca. They won't be overly worrying because our away form is poor. What they will be doing is asking Pellegrini what if anything he needs from them to help rectify it.

BillyShears said:
George Hannah said:
and so rich it's like a slice of fruit cake, coming from a poster who wanted the previous manager sacked from the hour he was appointed.
As time progresses I'm sure that "the hour he was appointed" will become "before he even got the job".
It's a shame when you have to lie because you've not really got anywhere else to go. Rest assured of one thing though ... I won't be on here telling you to "fuck off and go support Chelsea you cancer on our club" because you don't rate the manager. Whoever he may be and whatever your reasons may be.
As others have said. It's a simple equation...
Top 4 finish = Mancini stays...
Finish outside the top 4 = Mourinho in the summer...
I'd be happy with either scenario...
I believe we finished 5th that season Billy and I really think it ill behoves you to juxtapose other people's opinions when responding to my posts.

Re: Clueless manager

herewegoagain said:
kippax81 said:
herewegoagain said:
Agree, we have another clown in charge with a fancy foreign name. Why did he play Garcia? He is useless, why not Rodwell? Sunderland had one forward yet he changed like for like taking off Negredo for Dzecko and Richards for Zaba? Should have taken a defender off and kept Negredo on. Navas was great first 5 mins, then started going inside? Where is the coaching for the bleeding obvious? Peligrini also totally ballsed up against Bayern. They had 5 in midfield, and probably the best midfield in Europe, so he plays 4 in midfield and had Dzecko upfront who can't trap a bag of cement so nothing sticks.We got battered but wouldn't have if he would have used basic football common sense! Mancini wasn't any better, he made some ridiculous decisions and we got very lucky winning the league and the cup if we are honest. We need to find a manager who has common sense and knows the Premier League inside out. It's not rocket science. Finally who is that miserable looking git who sits next to Pelligrini? How the hell would he inspire anybody. Is is jobs for his mates yet again? How much do these clowns earn? Money for old rope.

W T F ?

Get fucked Rag. FWIW it's Dzeko ( no letter C ) and it's Pellegrini ( double 'L' and two letter E's and then two I's ).

I am not a Rag, I typed this as soon as I got back from watching that crap costing me a fortune. Did you go? How can you argue with anything I said? Or are you just another happy clapper?Thanks for the spelling lesson, it's hard to spell correctly when you are raging!Tell me anything I said that is wrong.

I apologise. I too was raging when I posted. I think it's best after a defeat like yesterday that I take a deep breath......and stay off the red wine :-).

I didn't go yesterday, but I am certainly not a happy clapper. I attended my first game at MR in 1975 and have had a season ticket for 19 years.

Once again I'm sorry if I caused you any offence

The declining number of optimists will say that we are 'only' 6 points behind and that we are in the mix, but the cruel fact of the Premier League in it's 38 game format is that the average points total for the winning team over a season is 86. On only three occasions as the winning total failed to reach 80, and all of these were in the 1990s. That is not to say that we couldn't win the title from where we stand at this time, but it is still one hell of a fight to do it. Perhaps more telling is that the highest number of games LOST by a title winning team is SIX, this occurring on just four occasions. From this standpoint, with us already having lost four times in just eleven games played, there is very little optimism I can find for the battle ahead.

Perhaps the real fight has now to be aimed at finishing in the top four. The club's strategy is heavily dependent on qualification for the Champions League, otherwise FFP is going to be a millstone around our necks. If there is any crumbs of comfort to be gained here, it is that on only one occasion [last season] has a team that has reached 70 points failed to qualify for the competition. If we can pull things around and end up with a points total in the mid-70s, that MIGHT save the manager even if it didn't save his predecessor, but with defeats at Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland so far, it just doesn't look pretty.

Marvin said:
Interesting comment

I agree about buying a central defender. I like what I have seen so far from Demichelis. Unlike Nastasic and Lescott he seems to be a real leader and is coming out of defence and looking to play passes, however I also suspect he is a little short of pace and maybe caught out at times for example he was unable to cut Torres out in that sprint to the goalline

But I disagree about Milner. I like him very much. He's used wide a lot, but I think his best position is central midfield.

I don't think we played well at Cardiff at all. We were very complacent in possession. We really needed to approach that very first away game with a much stronger mentality and everything that has happened since stems from the weakness we showed in that game.

We don't need to add players. The rest of the Premiership and the entire City fan base is looking at the players we have and wondering how they can lose at Sunderland etc. It should not be happening, and it will not continue to happen. Some may say that's blind faith, but I've seen what these players can do and I have seen them overcome problems before so they deserve respect

Really?

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Kolarov/Clichy
Silva Fernandinho Yaya Nasri
Aguero Negredo

The best first XI in the division, no doubt.

One could argue that Nastasic is not finished article, could also say LB position is not strong.

Once you go beyond the midfield 4 that we have. The options are limited:
Rodwell
Milner
Garcia

Navas is just a wing whippet.

The defensive cover is poor:
Demichelis
Boyata
Richards (what's happened to this guy?)

The only area where we are strong is in the forward positions. Just unfortunate that Jovetic has these injuries so far.

That squad really isn't as strong as is made out in my opinion. A lot of this squad strength nonsense is measured by cost (£) rather than whether the players are any good. They say the bench cost £x.

James Milner cost £24m, but he is not £24m worth on the pitch. Money is irrelevant.

Mistakes, Injuries, Bad refereeing decisions. 3 reasons why our away form has been bad, nothing more, nothing less.

With the exception of the Stoke game which I haven't seen due to it being my wedding day, you can attribute all of our defeats to one or more of the above factors.

Cardiff - Mistakes
Villa - Mistakes, Bad Refereeing decision (offside second goal IIRC)
Chelsea - Mistakes, Bad Refereeing, (Webb was terrible)
Sunderland - All 3 (Larsson should have seen Red, goal was obviously a mistake, and Injuries stacked up yesterday)

BillyShears said:
without a dream said:
If our 'points trajectory' isn't looking good for top 3 by Christmas I think they'll give it some serious thought, not qualifying for the champions league would be disastrous.

Seriously disagree mate, that's all I can say. I've not seen anything from them to suggest that manager won't at the bare minimum get 18 months before any serious analysis is done of his time in charge. I don't think it's realistic to suggest we won't finish in the top 4 btw.

Also Txiki and Ferran have experience with slow starts to a season. IIRC Rijkaard couldn't win a game for love nor money during his first few months in charge at Barca. They won't be overly worrying because our away form is poor. What they will be doing is asking Pellegrini what if anything he needs from them to help rectify it.

I'd agree they've shown nothing to suggest that they have a lack of patience, I just think that CL qualification is so key to our business model now that risking missing it could be disastrous if we're planning on going along with FFP.

I think he will turn it round but there's been little indication of that so far.

George Hannah said:
I believe we finished 5th that season Billy and I really think it ill behoves you to juxtapose other people's opinions when responding to my posts.

As I said it's a shame you have to lie and squirm like like teenage boy because you haven't got anywhere else to go. The relevant part of my post which you've dug up would be "I'd be happy with either scenario". I could've saved you the trouble of going hunting. You said I wanted Mancini gone within hours of him being appointed. Patently not the case.

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
George Hannah said:
and so rich it's like a slice of fruit cake, coming from a poster who wanted the previous manager sacked from the hour he was appointed.
As time progresses I'm sure that "the hour he was appointed" will become "before he even got the job".
It's a shame when you have to lie because you've not really got anywhere else to go. Rest assured of one thing though ... I won't be on here telling you to "fuck off and go support Chelsea you cancer on our club" because you don't rate the manager. Whoever he may be and whatever your reasons may be.
As others have said. It's a simple equation...
Top 4 finish = Mancini stays...
Finish outside the top 4 = Mourinho in the summer...
I'd be happy with either scenario...

The thought of Jose in charge makes me feel ill

The hierarchy have made a serious
error of judgment in letting this clown
take over.
We have gone backwards and Pellers
is staring Into the proverbial abyss.
If they had an ounce of decency they
should get rid by Christmas and crawl on their hands and knees and get Bobby back.

I'm absolutely seething that we are 8th and out of the title race In November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.