Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skashion said:
crystal_mais said:
Unfortunately Billy, some will never be able to let go of Mancini
Because some people are refusing to stick their head in the sand and say everything is ship shape and brilliant when we're seventh in the league and have the eleventh best defence? I still have title ambitions. For us to win the title the defence has to improve. Every single bit of evidence that exists shows is that teams that win titles do not concede at a rate of 1.22 goals per game.

The title was never really on this season, not with this manager at least.

I did think we were the better team last night but Pellers doesn't appear to have the gift of luck.

I think this clip highlights our defensive weaknesses. too high a line, out of form players. Although Vinny is injured hed been caught a few times too high up on occasions. In fairness to Pellers he imo has started to address the high line, but still much work to be done.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvP53gvTBSw[/youtube]

Skashion said:
crystal_mais said:
Because some people are refusing to stick their head in the sand and say everything is ship shape and brilliant when we're seventh in the league and have the eleventh best defence? I still have title ambitions. For us to win the title the defence has to improve. Every single bit of evidence that exists shows is that teams that win titles do not concede at a rate of 1.22 goals per game.

I also have title aspirations. So you actually think with Mancini still uncharged we would be sitting at the top of the tree?

I have seen enough over the last 5 weeks to remain confident we will in with a damn good shout. Of course I'm concerned about defensive frailties but it gives a pointer to sort it out.

My first option was Mourinho - but I am more than happy with MP. Upgrade on Mancini in more ways tan one for me

crystal_mais said:
Skashion said:
crystal_mais said:

I also have title aspirations. So you actually think with Mancini still uncharged we would be sitting at the top of the tree?

I have seen enough over the last 5 weeks to remain confident we will in with a damn good shout. Of course I'm concerned about defensive frailties but it gives a pointer to sort it out.

My first option was Mourinho - but I am more than happy with MP. Upgrade on Mancini in more ways tan one for me

The trophy count would tend to disprove the "upgrade on Mancini" opinion.
Facts are facts and it is all about winning trophies

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
crystal_mais said:
Skashion said:

How many did Mancini win last season?

The cookie monster said:
Jumanji said:
Skashion said:
Can't believe there are some people trying to pretend defence isn't an issue. For the past three seasons we've been the best defence in the league, fewest goals conceded and most clean sheets. So far, we are 11th by goals conceded. In what way isn't that backwards?
We have had the best defence in the league in the past, but our best defence has barely played together this season so it's not credible to use such stats to insinuate what you are. Variables also unaccounted for are the nature of the goals conceded this season. They've mostly been gifts and not due to the defensive system.

These fluke goals will stop. If we were conceding goals by being out passed & cut open, or from set pieces, I'd be worried. Right now, not so.

What can Pellegrini do, the poor guy...

All these goals we are conceding are not flukey
They are defensive mistakes.

But they are not - for the most part - systematic errors. They have been down to players (and officials) not doing their jobs. Goals at both Villa and West Ham should have been disallowed for offside. Villa saw a goal from a free kick that should never have been conceded. The winning goals by Villa and Chelsea were from punts down field that should have been dealt with by the players on hand.

Several of those goals, including both yesterday's goals, saw lapses by Nasty (he should not have been side on to Torres' cross) so the manager may need to rest the young man and he may do that if Demichelis and Kompany are both fit.

Pellegrini has a different approach to Mancini and was appointed to implement a different style; that means City won't defend in the same way as they did under Mancini. This does not mean that they cannot get to a point where the goals against is similar but it does mean that it might take time to transition to more of a "defending from the front" approach.

City did not appoint Pellegrini to carry out an "it ain't broke so don't fix it" kind of job.

Not all the above aimed at you Cookie, BTW.

crystal_mais said:
Skashion said:

Bollocks -Mancini has had a hell of a lot of luck too - he was handed the Inter trophies due to shit kicking off in Italy.

Some of you can sit there moping about Saint Bob while the rest of us will move on. Like has been said before there were some massive jobs available this summer. Mancini was not considered for any. He ends up at Gala - if he guarantees trophies surely Madrid would have had him.... Hmm wonder why??

crystal_mais said:
Skashion said:

Facts are facts and Pellegrini has been here 5 minutes so no chances to win anything. Lets judge him in 4 or 5 years.

crystal_mais said:
crystal_mais said:

Bollocks -Mancini has had a hell of a lot of luck too - he was handed the Inter trophies due to shit kicking off in Italy.

Some of you can sit there moping about Saint Bob while the rest of us will move on. Like has been said before there were some massive jobs available this summer. Mancini was not considered for any. He ends up at Gala - if he guarantees trophies surely Madrid would have had him.... Hmm wonder why??
I say this as a person who decidedly felt it was time for Mancini to depart...

Bringing up Italy is stupid. He won titles. Period. It's the same nonsense spouted that we didn't win the title two years ago, United lost it. That is frankly horse shit. We won. Mancini won the titles in Italy. Done.

droylsdenblue said:
crystal_mais said:

Facts are facts and Pellegrini has been here 5 minutes so no chances to win anything. Lets judge him in 4 or 5 years.
Do you seriously think Pellergrini will be here in 4 years time . I don't think he will here next season, if we don't sort that defence out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.