Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it all to do imho. Mou´s a twat but fook me he collects cups for fun. MP has got to start doing the same but he just doesn´t cut it for me. Modest manager for modest clubs

I sincerely hope he rams it back down my throat , I really do

OB1,
Where I cannot agree with you is the introduction of the changed defensive approach. We are still making the same mistakes every game. Sometimes it doesn't cost us the game, but on three occasions already it has. There isn't much, if any evidence of improvement. On Sunday we had very little trouble from Chelsea's creative players, but struggled against some very poor crosses and one hoof out of defence. And now we're virtually told to ignore that because we need Vinnie back and we have to put our faith in a 32 year old bought as cover. We need to accept things are not going well because the defence is not at a level yet to win the title and Pellegrini has to get it sorted QUICK.

cleavers said:
Any chance the debate could return to, errrr just that, a debate about Pellegrini, rather than the point scoring nonsense between mancini out, and mancini in.

mancini has left the building, and this thread is about Pellegrini, you know City's manager, the debate was interesting until it was derailed, and I'm not picking one side over the other because both are pretty boring if we're honest.

Thanks.

but ultimately thats what this is about

why did we do it and are we better off as a result?

doesn't look like it so far tbf but ask me again at crimbo

Balti said:
cleavers said:
Any chance the debate could return to, errrr just that, a debate about Pellegrini, rather than the point scoring nonsense between mancini out, and mancini in.

mancini has left the building, and this thread is about Pellegrini, you know City's manager, the debate was interesting until it was derailed, and I'm not picking one side over the other because both are pretty boring if we're honest.

Thanks.

but ultimately thats what this is about

why did we do it and are we better off as a result?

doesn't look like it so far tbf but ask me again at crimbo
You prefer the petty point scoring then ? No the thread is called "Discuss Pellegrini" so why can't it stay on topic, we know why mancini was sacked, we don't need point scoring on either side to discuss the current manager, we could just stick to him ?

OB1 said:
I am confident that the defensive problems are short-term but we do need a rapid improvement if we are to win the league this season. Probably the kiss of death for the poor guy but I have a sneaking suspicion that Demichelis is going to be our secret weapon in that regard.

I wish I was. I am not in anyway confident - even with Demichelis available and the change in formation for Sunday (though it certainly helped).
- The AMs and forward(s) do not press well enough. I haven't seen much improvement this all season.
- The AM's do not get behind the ball if they don't win the ball back in 6 seconds (I reckon this should be reduced to 3 or 4 in a higher tempo Prem game).
- The gap between the defensive line and the DMs is too big.
- YaYa is a pretty poor DM (he either gets too close to a player and is turned or doesn't get close enough). He does OK as the 1st AM to get back and help out mind.
- The defensive high line is an accident waiting to happen. It is a good 3 (I exaggerate with 5) yards further forward than under Mancini (just lob the ball over the top or pass the ball down the channels seemingly).
- Far, far, far too many free kicks given away within 25 yards of goal.
- Our full backs have huge problems (even Zaba is struggling a bit).

In fact I'd go as far as to say it is a shambles on occasion. It is an accident looking for a place to happen.
It wasn't great against Chelsea either. Look at the quality of the chances Chelsea had in the first half. Even though we bossed possession they could have been 3-0 up and should have been 2-0 up at half time. It is nearly as bad as under Hughesless.

From best Prem defence to 11th best Prem defence away from home in 5 months is shocking.

The only thing that has improved is the man marking -even there Pellegrini has reverted to at least 50% zonal marking in case someone messes up. (Thank goodness because what we had at Cardiff was suicidal).

-

Not sure if he is a genius or a fool. I've seen plenty of the latter at CIty so fingers crossed....<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:34 pm --<br /><br />Not sure if he is a genius or a fool. I've seen plenty of the latter at CIty so fingers crossed....

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
OB1,
Where I cannot agree with you is the introduction of the changed defensive approach. We are still making the same mistakes every game. Sometimes it doesn't cost us the game, but on three occasions already it has. There isn't much, if any evidence of improvement. On Sunday we had very little trouble from Chelsea's creative players, but struggled against some very poor crosses and one hoof out of defence. And now we're virtually told to ignore that because we need Vinnie back and we have to put our faith in a 32 year old bought as cover. We need to accept things are not going well because the defence is not at a level yet to win the title and Pellegrini has to get it sorted QUICK.

Of course we need Vinnie back: on form, he's the best centre back in the league and he is the team captain.

You mention Demichelis' age; is that because you think 32 is (too) old for a centre back? Did Pellegrini ring you and tell you he was only bought for cover?

We all know we need to improve our defending and I think we will.

BlueAnorak said:
OB1 said:
I am confident that the defensive problems are short-term but we do need a rapid improvement if we are to win the league this season. Probably the kiss of death for the poor guy but I have a sneaking suspicion that Demichelis is going to be our secret weapon in that regard.

I wish I was. I am not in anyway confident - even with Demichelis available and the change in formation for Sunday (though it certainly helped).
- The AMs and forward(s) do not press well enough. I haven't seen much improvement this all season.
- The AM's do not get behind the ball if they don't win the ball back in 6 seconds (I reckon this should be reduced to 3 or 4 in a higher tempo Prem game).
- The gap between the defensive line and the DMs is too big.
- YaYa is a pretty poor DM (he either gets too close to a player and is turned or doesn't get close enough). He does OK as the 1st AM to get back and help out mind.
- The defensive high line is an accident waiting to happen. It is a good 3 (I exaggerate with 5) yards further forward than under Mancini (just lob the ball over the top or pass the ball down the channels seemingly).
- Far, far, far too many free kicks given away within 25 yards of goal.
- Our full backs have huge problems (even Zaba is struggling a bit).

In fact I'd go as far as to say it is a shambles on occasion. It is an accident looking for a place to happen.
It wasn't great against Chelsea either. Look at the quality of the chances Chelsea had in the first half. Even though we bossed possession they could have been 3-0 up and should have been 2-0 up at half time. It is nearly as bad as under Hughesless.

From best Prem defence to 11th best Prem defence away from home in 5 months is shocking.

The only thing that has improved is the man marking -even there Pellegrini has reverted to at least 50% zonal marking in case someone messes up. (Thank goodness because what we had at Cardiff was suicidal).

-

Where we end the season is what counts. 9 games played doesn't mean we've actually dropped that far. However, if you want to play that card, we have gone from the second best record to the best record on shots conceded (my hobby horse of the moment). We had the best record in that regard in our title winning season but it still wasn't as low as it is this season. Do you want to tell me that there in not normally a correlation between defensive record and shots conceded? Do you not think that the number of goals conceded is not anomalous to the actual number of chances were are conceding and that perhaps we do not have too much to do to get our defensive record back on track? Well' probably your tape measure says otherwise but I am still hopeful.

I'll discuss Pelligreni, never in a million years will he win as much as Mancini. Either here or anywhere else.

If the players were unhappy then didums. I'd have sold the lot. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

de niro said:
I'll discuss Pelligreni, never in a million years will he win as much as Mancini. Either here or anywhere else.

If the players were unhappy then didums. I'd have sold the lot. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Oh no senior doom merchant is here.

Let's all pack up and go home now chaps. We won't be winning another trophy anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.