Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cavendishblue said:
George Hannah said:
BobKowalski said:
Pellers is a less driven, less obsessive individual than Mancini (or a Benitez or a Mourinho or a Pep) and consequently the team is less driven to go the extra 1 or 2 percent that is the difference between success and failure at the highest level. It is not even a concious thing but you just settle at the level that is expected of you collectively and individually by the man in charge. And with Pellers this level is below what is needed to win trophies consistently.
I just wish Pellers was driven to the airport as soon as possible, if dignified venerability is what we need I'm sure Brian Kidd will suffice. Get that Pochettino in and tell him to bring Shaw, Schneiderlin, Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Lovren, Ramirez, Boruc and Lallana with him...;-)

Southampton are playing well but it's been 8 games - one surprise team does that every year and you want to swap our manager and players for theirs. I suppose if we'd listened to you at the same time last season we'd be watching Steve Clarke and half the West Brom team by now. For crying out loud get a grip and support your team (if you are a City supporter that is)
I thought the same myself - well said - you seem to be a refined sort of chap

McClelland_Tinned_Townsman_Cavendish_Blue_Maple_pipe_tobacco_zpsf9ae20f4.jpg

Marvin said:
Do you really think City have not improved since the start of the season?

We've just played 4 away on the trot. Won 3, lost 1. Should have really been Won 3, drawn 1 but we are improving

May I remind you that season we went out at home to Villa in the League Cup, and we didn't win a game in Europe.
Yep, I firmly think were getting worse. Can you honestly say you've seen dazzling displays like the Toon opener recently, how long ago now was the 4-1, yes we have beaten some teams away but to me I would be hoping this squad are capable of beating CSKA and West Ham just like we should have been capable of beating Villa and Stoke, and yes we deserved to get something from Chelsea BUT Chelsea, Rags and Newcastle (league) apart where have we played well, where. The fact is we have lost too many games against teams we should be seeing off with ease, enough for me to believe even in this competitive year that another 3 or 4 slip ups we can forget the league and its not even bonfire night. So we've won two games in Europe this season, we were humiliated in the other, yes albeit by the best in europe. It was ridiculous not because we were outclassed but because anyone with half a brain saw what needed doing, it took him over 70 minutes after the game had gone. Had we not been given this favourable draw then I think the questions about the boss his team or personel selection would be deafening. As it is we're still in all competitions, just. I dont want a change of gaffer I really dont, I just want him and his staff to book their ideas up or fuck off of their own accord, admitting they're not upto it.

bluemoonmatt said:
Chelsea, Rags and Newcastle (league) apart where have we played well, where.

Everton, 3-1 at home.

West Ham, 3-1 away.

CSKA, 2-1 away (Real Madrid drew there 1-1 last season).

Plzen, 3-0 away.

Wigan, 5-0 at home.

All good and pleasing performances, unless you are expecting perfect 6-0 wins every week.

Apart from Hull, Stoke and Bayern we've played well, increasing at times to brilliant, at stages in every game. Its the inability to sustain it for the whole game that's been so frustrating.

cleavers said:
bluemoonmatt said:
BUT Chelsea, Rags and Newcastle (league) apart where have we played well, where.
I thought we played pretty well against Everton "stylish and attacking" being mentioned in numerous reports, that against a team who have won 5 out 6 games, defeated only by us.
We did ok, only ok. We went behind to some lacklustre defending (pattern here) could have conceded a penalty on another day. the biggest bright spot was they're our bogey team and were in form. I didnt watch that game opened mouthed at our irrepressable attacking intent.

bluemoonmatt said:
cleavers said:
bluemoonmatt said:
BUT Chelsea, Rags and Newcastle (league) apart where have we played well, where.
I thought we played pretty well against Everton "stylish and attacking" being mentioned in numerous reports, that against a team who have won 5 out 6 games, defeated only by us.
We did ok, only ok. We went behind to some lacklustre defending (pattern here) could have conceded a penalty on another day. the biggest bright spot was they're our bogey team and were in form. I didnt watch that game opened mouthed at our irrepressable attacking intent.
You're right, until Chelsea
it was only the best we have played all season. I'm glad I'm not you.

George Hannah said:
I just wish Pellers was driven to the airport as soon as possible, if dignified venerability is what we need I'm sure Brian Kidd will suffice. Get that Pochettino in and tell him to bring Shaw, Schneiderlin, Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Lovren, Ramirez, Boruc and Lallana with him...;-)

Shaw, yes.
Schneiderlin, no thanks.
Clyne, why? Richards and Zaba are better.
Ward Prowse, in a few years time maybe but now no thanks.
Lovern, maybe as a squad player.
Ramirez, can't even get in the Saints team.
Boruc, whilst a decent keeper we can do better.
Lallana, see Lovern.

LoveCity said:
bluemoonmatt said:

Everton, 3-1 at home.

West Ham, 3-1 away.

Plzen, 3-0 away.

Wigan, 5-0 at home.

All good and pleasing performances, unless you are expecting perfect 6-0 wins every week.
I'll see all youre victories against shit teams like Plzen West ham and wigan and raise you defeat at Villa, draw at stoke and abject awfulness against Bayern. Are you honestly saying our performance level is where is should be

bluemoonmatt said:
LoveCity said:
bluemoonmatt said:

Everton, 3-1 at home.

West Ham, 3-1 away.

Plzen, 3-0 away.

Wigan, 5-0 at home.

I'll see all youre victories against shit teams like Plzen West ham and wigan and raise you defeat at Villa, draw at stoke and abject awfulness against Bayern. Are you honestly saying our performance level is where is should be

You said we didn't play well (or implied it at least), besides those three games. I listed some games we did play well. Most teams aren't as good as City, so can we only play well if it's against our equals? By the way, Everton are far from poor (certainly better than Newcastle, who you listed as one of your three) and CSKA are not a bad side at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.