Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SalfordCityBlue said:
Another away day, another strange result that doesn't match the performances.

I'm not rabidly frothing at the mouth to get Pellegrini out - I like the guy, and he is trying to do some great things but it's just not working.

How long he is given isn't up to the fans so we should just get on with it. If it was up to the fans to choose when to sack the manager we wouldn't have Pellegrini at the club to begin with.

The one thing you can say with absolute certainty is our results are a long way short of good enough.

We'll have to wait and see if Pellegrini has the ability/time to sort it out.

Agreed. Honest question mate, what were your thoughts when you saw the teamsheet and tactics to start the game?

OB1 said:
No doubt we will have some of the usual overreactions today.

Overall City dominated today. Sunderland barely had a sniff at goal in the game and their goal should not have stood: Milner was unquestionably fouled. Our shooting and final ball too often wasn't good enough, which is an old, old problem in games like this. We made 50 crosses today so we can't even be accused of just trying to walk the ball in.

I've seen complaints about the manager's team selection but that didn't lose us the game: a couple of poor referreing decisions did cost us.

The manager needs a solution to the away problems but he can't control referees, injuries and the need to rotate some players when the team faces so many games. He had them up and at it in the second half. He made the right half time sub; even if Garcia's withdrwal was enforced. Navas on and Milner to deeper central midfield was the right response.

4 shots on target, out of 24 is poor but 8 were blocked and most of them may well have been on target.

In fairness, was this Mancini we would have been lynching him. It is only fair we judge them the same way. Away we haven't been good enough. We have played well, but this is our worst start for 3 seasons.

I like Pellegrini, and he has got us playing some phenomenal football. BUT, we spent £90m over the summer, and lost, yet again, to Sunderland. We have won one away game, and lost 4 games out of 11. Imagine if this was Mancini last season. I was quite vocal last season in wanting Mancini to go- but we have to judge them the same way. Pellegrini NEEDS to sort out our away form. Top 4 is by no means a certainty- and that would be an absolute disaster. I'd be very surprised were we not to finish in the top 4, but there is no way you could say we will on current (away) form.

martinmcfc said:
all of you fucks doubting pellegrini are either just anger from the result or plain fools. his tactics are far wiser than anything any of yall would hv ever schemed up. the team selection today was obviously one where he thought he could rely on the recent rich form of aguero and negredo to put in at least one or two goals and then for the rest of the team to defend strongly. it was kolorav's bloody birthday and pelli couldve done nothing but expect something special from him today because of that. im not saying that's the only reason he started, he also is one of the few decent crossers we have within the side and without silva, that's usually what we need. so his tactics didnt pan off in the first half, every sub he made and change there after directly effected the game in a positive way. you could say he shouldve started the game a different way but I think that's bs and our players are to blame, if anyone, for not having enough believe within each other. every time we start our fringe players it seems like nasri, toure, and aguero instantly drop their game and start whining like little bitches instead of trying to step up and take over the game themselves. I'm disappointed in the result today, but i think sunderland deserve full credit. aside from the shtt goal, that shouldve been a foul, they played excellent. their defending was superb. another classic example of a shit team putting everyone behind the ball and having the proper focus and composure to hold a far superior team goalless for 90 minutes. think chelsea vs barca in CL. it sometimes bothers me how well this works, but it isnt an easy thing to do and they deserve full credit. i think this is the first loss in the league that we have deserved and i have full faith in pellegrini as a manager

Wouldn't have said taking off Negredo when you're desperate for a goal was a positive move!!!

Should have left him on, took off Lescott and gone for it, its not as if we had much to do defensively.

Rammy Blue said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

I'm not rabidly frothing at the mouth to get Pellegrini out - I like the guy, and he is trying to do some great things but it's just not working.

How long he is given isn't up to the fans so we should just get on with it. If it was up to the fans to choose when to sack the manager we wouldn't have Pellegrini at the club to begin with.

The one thing you can say with absolute certainty is our results are a long way short of good enough.

Agreed. Honest question mate, what were your thoughts when you saw the teamsheet and tactics to start the game?
Rammy Blue said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

rushts said:
Engineer? Fucking Engineer lol.

Engineer us a fucking away league win instead of sitting on your arse in the dugout shaking your head.

Engineer, I wouldn't trust you with a fucking Meccano set.

Sad but true - me neither

City points tally after 11 games

13/14 - 19
12/13 - 25
11/12 - 31
10/11 - 20 (already played Spurs, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea)
09/10 - 20 Hughes sacked for his start to the season
08/09 - 13
07/08 - 22 Under Sven

So there we go. It's our worst start since the season we were taken over. Pellegrini shows he is out of his depth each away game we play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.