Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing my patience with pellegrini, in his post match interview he said he is happy with the way we play away..

He's not learning from previous poor away performances, and why oh why does he keep picking Garcia to start?

the credentials of any manager should be based on away form and results. home form is a given strong performance and a win more often than not.

our away performances have shown his ability is not up to the required standards. we have relegation standard away form. with the quality of the team he inherited winning at home is pretty much a given (not being arrogant here, but it is).

soooooooo, away form is where i am rating him on and its piss poor.

bringing on Navas was good move in the 2nd half, but who was he crossing to? even towards the last kick of the game there were only two city players trying to latch onto his crosses - against 9 defenders.

i dont think he will last until the knock out part of chumps league at this rate. any more away or home defeats and it will be literally the end to our title campaign. cant believe im saying this after 11 games. but you have to face reality.

im not saying pelle out, more like get the taxi numbers ready just in case!!!

Rammy Blue said:
Cobwebcat said:
2nd best home record.

16th best away record

That's got to be tactical it's not the players

How can we have 2nd best home record if we are 100% wins?

Depends how you do it. Purely on points Chelsea have one more than us as they've played a game extra.

He made brilliant signings but it has to be said we've regressed defensively. This away form would never have happened under Mancini's watch. Mancini occasionally f*cked it up away with poor tactics but not this often and we certainly wouldn't be sitting in anything less than third at this stage.

He's man-managed well with Nasri, Dzeko etc and maybe even Aguero to some extent with all more confident. It would take a godly manager to get Dzeko to put a shift in game in game out though and not lose the ball and give up straight away. Think if we want to go places Dzeko needs to go! (and Garcia)

Poor decision letting Barry go perhaps as we could do with that backup.

CL he had it x10 easier than Mancini so let's see what happens when we come up against one of the big boys before judging on that.

Feel our squad only has the capacity to focus on either the league or champions league with the amount of key injuries we get, and think Soriano/Txiki are putting the focus on CL to grow our 'brand' internationally.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
City points tally after 11 games

13/14 - 19
12/13 - 25
11/12 - 31
10/11 - 20 (already played Spurs, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea)
09/10 - 20 Hughes sacked for his start to the season
08/09 - 13
07/08 - 22 Under Sven

So there we go. It's our worst start since the season we were taken over. Pellegrini shows he is out of his depth each away game we play

That's fucking shocking.

Lomas has a lob on said:
He isn't getting this league is he?

It all boils down to what the hierarchys targets are for this season.

As it stands we wont get fourth let alone challenge for the title.

To think we have to go to the swamp, the emirates, Anfield, Goodison and white hart lane still!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!

I get the feeling Pellegrini is a good coach, one the players enjoy playing for, but I have grave doubts over his killer instinct and his will to win.

The very best managers are often a combination of two things. Winners and arseholes!

Pellegrini has made us a nice team. When were good were awesome but we will let you role us over and let you ticlke our bellies if you want.

You could have said the very same about Mancini's team towards the end, but when all is said and done we did win the title with him.

I agree with this. Pep was what we needed. Wouldve elevated nasri, silva, and aguero in the same way but kept mancini's winning mentality. I like what pelli has to offer but it might not be enough

Lomas has a lob on said:
He isn't getting this league is he?

It all boils down to what the hierarchys targets are for this season.

As it stands we wont get fourth let alone challenge for the title.

To think we have to go to the swamp, the emirates, Anfield, Goodison and white hart lane still!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!

I get the feeling Pellegrini is a good coach, one the players enjoy playing for, but I have grave doubts over his killer instinct and his will to win.

The very best managers are often a combination of two things. Winners and arseholes!

Pellegrini has made us a nice team. When were good were awesome but we will let you role us over and let you ticlke our bellies if you want.

You could have said the very same about Mancini's team towards the end, but when all is said and done we did win the title with him.

Spot on. I am afraid we have got ourselves our very own Juande Ramos. Nice guy. Nice football. But ultimately not a winner. You get the feeling Mancini would have sacrificed a family pet in order to get 3 points.

Rammy Blue said:
Agreed. Honest question mate, what were your thoughts when you saw the teamsheet and tactics to start the game?

Honestly, when I saw that, and given it was 'away at Sunderland' I wasn't in the slightest surprised that we lost.

We were missing too many, the back four is too unsettled and, worst of all, it was 'away at Sunderland'.

On paper, in terms of our squad and even on the balance of the play we should have won that game comfortably - for me the biggest worry is that I am sat here now not fuming but feeling resigned that it was inevitable.

We are becoming a soft touch again at an alarming rate. We've always generously donated to charity cases (strikers who hadn't scored in months, teams who hadn't won away in years, teams who hadn't kept a clean sheet in living memory) but foolishly I had started to believe those days were gone.

'Typical City' came roaring back the day we decided to sack a manager loved by the majority almost exactly one year to the day after he had won the fucking title.

Cups for cock ups indeed.

dancity19 said:
OB1 said:
No doubt we will have some of the usual overreactions today.

Overall City dominated today. Sunderland barely had a sniff at goal in the game and their goal should not have stood: Milner was unquestionably fouled. Our shooting and final ball too often wasn't good enough, which is an old, old problem in games like this. We made 50 crosses today so we can't even be accused of just trying to walk the ball in.

I've seen complaints about the manager's team selection but that didn't lose us the game: a couple of poor referreing decisions did cost us.

The manager needs a solution to the away problems but he can't control referees, injuries and the need to rotate some players when the team faces so many games. He had them up and at it in the second half. He made the right half time sub; even if Garcia's withdrwal was enforced. Navas on and Milner to deeper central midfield was the right response.

4 shots on target, out of 24 is poor but 8 were blocked and most of them may well have been on target.

In fairness, was this Mancini we would have been lynching him. It is only fair we judge them the same way. Away we haven't been good enough. We have played well, but this is our worst start for 3 seasons.

I like Pellegrini, and he has got us playing some phenomenal football. BUT, we spent £90m over the summer, and lost, yet again, to Sunderland. We have won one away game, and lost 4 games out of 11. Imagine if this was Mancini last season. I was quite vocal last season in wanting Mancini to go- but we have to judge them the same way. Pellegrini NEEDS to sort out our away form. Top 4 is by no means a certainty- and that would be an absolute disaster. I'd be very surprised were we not to finish in the top 4, but there is no way you could say we will on current (away) form.

Pellegrini inherited a team that was having problems away from home. He has a mental problem in his players that he has to find a solution to.

The £90m people keep referring to was to replace Tevez, Balotelli, Barry, Kolo and Sinclair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.