Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
I don't really do predictions about City (part mug's game, IMO, and don't believe in tempting fate) but I still think it is right to make us favourites for the league; although we have made the job harder than it should be. Agree with the rest though. We need to control what we can and genuine luck good or bad will be what it will be.

We've been favourites since Chelsea failed to sign Rooney IMO. I think the away form as it currently stands is an aberration rather than an indication of a lack of quality or a poor tactics from the manager. That's not to say that there haven't been mistakes along the way, but even allowing for those, it is down to luck rather than anything else that we're not minimum four points better off than we currently are.

I'm curious .... does anyone else believe we'll end up putting 10 past someone this season. I think we might just. Spurs had the best defensive record in the league prior to yesterday. Their back line wasn't riddled with injuries (i don't know if that was their strongest back 4 but it wasn't far off it).

Here's a prediction: we will break the premier league record for number of goals scored in a season. That's as long as Sergio stays fit.

Good shout. I don't think I've ever seen a City forward as good as him. Don't think I've ever seen a player play for City who's as talented as he is. It's an absolute gift that he plays for us. I also think, since the thread's about the manager, that you have to give him a large amount of credit for the way in which he's transformed Kun's form. Compared to last season, even taking into account the injuries he suffered, he's on a different planet currently. I agree with Pellegrini - after Messi and Ronaldo it's difficult to think of who's better than him.

Based on matches played and matches to come. Changes after every game but currently has us finishing 4th with 73 points

Predicted finishing Position/Team/Rating/Games Played/Current Pts/Predicted Pts/ Percentage change of winning league

1 Arsenal (3540) 12 28 79 40.0%
2 Chelsea (3592) 12 24 77 22.4%
3 Manchester United (3721) 12 21 76 17.1%
4 Manchester City (3509) 12 22 73 13.7%
5 Liverpool (3082) 12 24 66 3.6%
6 Tottenham Hotspur (3269) 12 20 66 2.0%
7 Everton (3051) 12 21 63 1.0%

As I said before the game the next 6 games will tell us in which direction we and MP are heading. And as far as game one went the clinical way we treated Spurs was very encouraging. We would never have done that with RM.

Pellegrini is being very positive and basically saying our attacking four are better than your attacking four, let's play.

The reality is still the same though. It is the West Brom and Saints' games that will be more indicative of our chances. Are we flat track bullies or not, to steal a cricketing term? Do we have the mental fortitude to go with the talent.

robbieh said:
Are we flat track bullies or not, to steal a cricketing term? Do we have the mental fortitude to go with the talent.

Flat track bullies don't put six past the team with the best defensive record in the league.

Other than that though i agree that the next 10 games or so are going to be very telling. I'll go out on a limb and say we'll be top of the league on new years days.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
We've been favourites since Chelsea failed to sign Rooney IMO. I think the away form as it currently stands is an aberration rather than an indication of a lack of quality or a poor tactics from the manager. That's not to say that there haven't been mistakes along the way, but even allowing for those, it is down to luck rather than anything else that we're not minimum four points better off than we currently are.

I'm curious .... does anyone else believe we'll end up putting 10 past someone this season. I think we might just. Spurs had the best defensive record in the league prior to yesterday. Their back line wasn't riddled with injuries (i don't know if that was their strongest back 4 but it wasn't far off it).

Here's a prediction: we will break the premier league record for number of goals scored in a season. That's as long as Sergio stays fit.

Good shout. I don't think I've ever seen a City forward as good as him. Don't think I've ever seen a player play for City who's as talented as he is. It's an absolute gift that he plays for us. I also think, since the thread's about the manager, that you have to give him a large amount of credit for the way in which he's transformed Kun's form. Compared to last season, even taking into account the injuries he suffered, he's on a different planet currently. I agree with Pellegrini - after Messi and Ronaldo it's difficult to think of who's better than him.

I have definitely never seen a better forward than him play for City, Billy. Did you ever see DAvid Platt's comments about him? He said that he's down to earth, a brilliant trainer, a model pro. He thinks he can be the best striker in the world and I'm inclined to agree. I keep seeing posts on here after victories- I've seen loads today - "Yeah, but Spurs/Norwich/Newcastle/United/Moscow were shit". One of the reasons we are making teams make mistakes and panic is that he (and Negredo to be fair) is frightening defenders to death.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
Are we flat track bullies or not, to steal a cricketing term? Do we have the mental fortitude to go with the talent.

Flat track bullies don't put six past the team with the best defensive record in the league.

Other than that though i agree that the next 10 games or so are going to be very telling. I'll go out on a limb and say we'll be top of the league on new years days.

Correct, they dont.

What makes me laugh is the constant changing of the goal posts from some on here with "his next 4 games are crucial" shite.

Top manager and we are a top side and we will win the league and possibly a whole lot more this season.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:

I don't know if you follow cricket or not Billy, but Graeme Hick regularly scored runs against quality bowling on benign, low bouncing pitches. In the caribbean and in australia, different story. While football is different, playing away from home introduces different challenges, much of it crowd generated, and sometimes teams can't reproduce their home form.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I have definitely never seen a better forward than him play for City, Billy. Did you ever see DAvid Platt's comments about him? He said that he's down to earth, a brilliant trainer, a model pro. He thinks he can be the best striker in the world and I'm inclined to agree. I keep seeing posts on here after victories- I've seen loads today - "Yeah, but Spurs/Norwich/Newcastle/United/Moscow were shit". One of the reasons we are making teams make mistakes and panic is that he (and Negredo to be fair) is frightening defenders to death.

There's just not a way to defend against him. Come tight and he'll hold you off and then spin round you, hold off and he'll accelerate past you, try and cut off his supply and he'll come looking for the ball. He's perfection and it must make defenders panic.

Didsbury Dave said:

Totally agree ... the thing with Kun is that he does not let up from minute one to injury time at the end of the game. He plays at full tilt. The pressure on centre halves, especially at the Etihad is immense.

That's not to say that he doesn't have quiet games, because I think against Sunderland he really did. But if he carries on he'll be the best forward in the world by the end of this season.

The comments about Spurs/Norwich/Moscow etc being not very good aren't worth the bandwidth they take up. We have been exceptional for large periods of those games leaving the opposition nothing to do but look very very ordinary. Hell, we could've and should've scored 10 yesterday. That's the mark of how dangerous we were in the final third. Spurs' defensive record going into yesterday's game should put sharply into focus how good we were.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

MP's tactics give him more room to work in. Thought we sat of Spurs a bit after the goal. Think this was done on purpose in order
to invite them on, mug them, and break quick. It worked and it could have been 10. Now for this away form. I'm sure we will see the upturn
in the next away game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.