Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pellegrini might have stumbled upon the perfect template, against Spurs, for actually playing away from home?

Counter-attack is the way to go, especially if Komps and Silva get back quickly.

Let the home team bring it to us for a change.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cobwebcat said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I have reiterated all along that we will win this league.

This team is on the brink of something very special I genuinely believe that.

It's a privilege to watch this Pellegrini team move through the gears.

Why do you think he persists with Garcia, as we go into reverse when he's playing. Shop window?

My money still on Arsenal.

Arsenal's lack of squad depth will catch up with them and they don't possess a single player who knows about the intensity of a Premier League title race.

As we know from experience, it can do funny things to a team. As it is, they play both us and Chelsea in December, and like Billy says, I expect us to be at least second come the ringing in of the bells.

As for Garcia, I do think Pellegrini does attempt to set a great example to ALL his players. There are no outsiders in his squad.

Garcia is on a top and lengthy contract, so it would take a clever man to broker something between now and January.

Stefan Savic even got a title medal, don't you know ;)

Thing with Arsenal is they are doing this with about 6 of their players unavailable. When they come back I think they will have enough to cope. Ozil has given the whole club a boost. I think they believe in themselves now.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:58 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I think Pellegrini might have stumbled upon the perfect template, against Spurs, for actually playing away from home?

Counter-attack is the way to go, especially if Komps and Silva get back quickly.

I thought that too. We miss Kompany most away from home. He must be back soon I'd guess but I'd still buy another centre half asap.

Cobwebcat said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cobwebcat said:
Why do you think he persists with Garcia, as we go into reverse when he's playing. Shop window?

My money still on Arsenal.

Arsenal's lack of squad depth will catch up with them and they don't possess a single player who knows about the intensity of a Premier League title race.

As we know from experience, it can do funny things to a team. As it is, they play both us and Chelsea in December, and like Billy says, I expect us to be at least second come the ringing in of the bells.

As for Garcia, I do think Pellegrini does attempt to set a great example to ALL his players. There are no outsiders in his squad.

Garcia is on a top and lengthy contract, so it would take a clever man to broker something between now and January.

Thing with Arsenal is they are doing this with about 6 of their players unavailable. When they come back I think they will have enough to cope. Ozil has given the whole club a boost. I think they believe in themselves now.

See how they feel when we show them who the fucking Daddies are in December. I assume Vinny and Komps will be back then. What a day that promises to be. Not inconceivable we could go top that day.

Didsbury Dave said:
Cobwebcat said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Thing with Arsenal is they are doing this with about 6 of their players unavailable. When they come back I think they will have enough to cope. Ozil has given the whole club a boost. I think they believe in themselves now.

See how they feel when we show them who the fucking Daddies are in December. I assume Vinny and Komps will be back then. What a day that promises to be. Not inconceivable we could go top that day.

Vinny and Komps? LOL

Didsbury Dave said:

The mark of Arsenal's progress was the defeat at Old Trafford. That was a game where they needed to show that mentally they were ready to go and take the title and they failed quite miserably in my opinion. The rags were ok, and Arsenal were tepid.

The game against them can't come soon enough. They're not going to win the title IMO. Its still us, then Chelsea for me. With the rags and Arsenal fighting for a top 4 place with Spurs and Liverpool.

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I had big concerns yesterday as to how we would play without Silva - a problem we have had for 2 years. The Sunderland was a classic case of his absence being crucial. But twice now we have done this - United and Spurs - and played brilliantly. You've got to give Pellegrini credit for that: it's another big brick in the ball.
The biggest miss at Sunderland was Fernandhino for me, yesterday with him back, and energising the midfield, we looked a completely different team, obviously Silva is a miss, but with Nasri in the form he is, its something we can get away with.

One other thing the difference between Sunderland and yesterday highlighted, was that we need a better back up than Milner, much as I like him, he isn't of the level we need in the centre of the pitch.

Correct

Dinho is a big miss as he helps others express themselves and knits the defence to attack.

Yaya looks like a kid on Haribo when he's playing, that's the difference.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
We've been favourites since Chelsea failed to sign Rooney IMO. I think the away form as it currently stands is an aberration rather than an indication of a lack of quality or a poor tactics from the manager. That's not to say that there haven't been mistakes along the way, but even allowing for those, it is down to luck rather than anything else that we're not minimum four points better off than we currently are.

I'm curious .... does anyone else believe we'll end up putting 10 past someone this season. I think we might just. Spurs had the best defensive record in the league prior to yesterday. Their back line wasn't riddled with injuries (i don't know if that was their strongest back 4 but it wasn't far off it).

Here's a prediction: we will break the premier league record for number of goals scored in a season. That's as long as Sergio stays fit.

Good shout. I don't think I've ever seen a City forward as good as him. Don't think I've ever seen a player play for City who's as talented as he is. It's an absolute gift that he plays for us. I also think, since the thread's about the manager, that you have to give him a large amount of credit for the way in which he's transformed Kun's form. Compared to last season, even taking into account the injuries he suffered, he's on a different planet currently. I agree with Pellegrini - after Messi and Ronaldo it's difficult to think of who's better than him.
You've never seen Barry Conlon then?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

The last twenty we went 4231 with Ya Ya advanced and that was certainly a "break" team. Worked well at Chelsea too.

Personally I didn't feel the manager sent them out with any different tactics, it was just the way the game got stretched.

Great result and performance - with a little help from the Spurs defence.

Not to be too churlish - but we've been here before. No complaceny against Swansea and results, not necessarily performances, against West Brom and Southampton are what's needed.

But yesterday was a much needed tonic!

I'm not overly concerned about playing Arsenal and Liverpool we generally give a good account of ourselves in the so called big games - it's the mid and low table aways we need to get oursleves up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.