Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
BillyShears said:
Flat track bullies don't put six past the team with the best defensive record in the league.

Other than that though i agree that the next 10 games or so are going to be very telling. I'll go out on a limb and say we'll be top of the league on new years days.

Correct, they dont.

What makes me laugh is the constant changing of the goal posts from some on here with "his next 4 games are crucial" shite.

Top manager and we are a top side and we will win the league and possibly a whole lot more this season.

Our (not his) next four games are crucial mate, because of the stupid points we've thrown away.

Hg, all games are crucial in this league, all of them.

i object to the constant, "next 4 games" as many using it do so as its him out the door should it go tits up and thats crap.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
See how they feel when we show them who the fucking Daddies are in December. I assume Vinny and Komps will be back then. What a day that promises to be. Not inconceivable we could go top that day.

The mark of Arsenal's progress was the defeat at Old Trafford. That was a game where they needed to show that mentally they were ready to go and take the title and they failed quite miserably in my opinion. The rags were ok, and Arsenal were tepid.

The game against them can't come soon enough. They're not going to win the title IMO. Its still us, then Chelsea for me. With the rags and Arsenal fighting for a top 4 place with Spurs and Liverpool.

They impressed me with their display at Dortmund. Something less flakey about them this season they are now capable of grinding out results and have the consistency we lack. If everyone played their best every game we would walk the league no doubt.

Hope I'm wrong but taking my natural bias out of it, Arsenal for me.

With City I still dont think you can play the same style away that you do at home in the English Premier League and win it.

Cobwebcat said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
See how they feel when we show them who the fucking Daddies are in December. I assume Vinny and Komps will be back then. What a day that promises to be. Not inconceivable we could go top that day.

The mark of Arsenal's progress was the defeat at Old Trafford. That was a game where they needed to show that mentally they were ready to go and take the title and they failed quite miserably in my opinion. The rags were ok, and Arsenal were tepid.

The game against them can't come soon enough. They're not going to win the title IMO. Its still us, then Chelsea for me. With the rags and Arsenal fighting for a top 4 place with Spurs and Liverpool.

They impressed me with their display at Dortmund. Something less flakey about them this season they are now capable of grinding out results and have the consistency we lack. If everyone played their best every game we would walk the league but that's not what wins titles.

With City I still dont think you can play the same style away that you do at home in the English Premier League.

They are certainly a good side with the ball, but not as good as side without it. I'm confident that will play right into our hands. I don't think they will be able to live with Silva and Sergio, although they could easily cause us problems at the back of our midfield.

Could be a 4-3 style thriller this one.

blueinsa said:
hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
Correct, they dont.

What makes me laugh is the constant changing of the goal posts from some on here with "his next 4 games are crucial" shite.

Top manager and we are a top side and we will win the league and possibly a whole lot more this season.

Our (not his) next four games are crucial mate, because of the stupid points we've thrown away.

i object to the constant, "next 4 games" as many using it do so as its him out the door should it go tits up and thats crap.

I think we've put ourselves in the position where we need to keep winning in order to keep in touch with the sides above us, and that is due to the fact that we've dropped points that we shouldn't have. If that's the point that people are making, then I agree with them. If they're saying Pellegrini should be sacked if we don't win our next 4 games then, I agree, that's a bit silly. I don't think many are saying that though?

Cobwebcat said:
They impressed me with their display at Dortmund. Something less flakey about them this season they are now capable of grinding out results and have the consistency we lack. If everyone played their best every game we would walk the league no doubt.

With City I still dont think you can play the same style away that you do at home in the English Premier League and win it.

They've had a consistency in results which we lack - but certainly not a consistency of performance. Frankly, if we'd gone to Stamford Bridge and been half as tepid as Arsenal were at Old Trafford i'd have been very disappointed.

My confidence in our ability to win this league remains firmly intact. I think we will do. In terms of your comment about playing the same style home and away, I think we will play that way and win the league. I feel like you're deeply focussed on the results we've had without really taking into account the performances (away from home that is). Cardiff and Stoke aside we've been IMO consistently getting better in terms of performances. At Sunderland the team selection was wrong and we suffered for that plus having Kompany/Dinho/Silva out

Way too much pessimism around IMO, and it's been that way all season. Strange when you consider the fact we're still in all competitions and getting better as a team with each passing week.

adrianr said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm not getting sucked into this daft thread again but I just have to comment on all these "have to admit MP got it bang on today" comments. He did nothing different today than he's been doing all season. The team picked itself. The formation and gameplan was exactly what it always is. If I'm really honest I didn't think we played as well as we have in some games, we were just clinical and no one made any silly errors.

Everything is going fine and dandy. Silverware beckons this season.

Bang on. It's getting bloody tiring being a tactical mastermind when we win and tactical neanderthal when we lose. We've set up in pretty much the same way in nearly all of our matches this season, or as same as the players at our disposal allows at least. The worst thing you can accuse Pellegrini of is trying to do too much too quickly.

FWIW I still don't think we'll win the league. It's still really grating me, that one number in the entire league table of hundreds of numbers. The one that sits in our L column, and reads 4. At the death at Sunderland we should have salvaged a point. At Villa we shouldn't have lost. At Chelsea we shouldn't have lost. I'm actually beginning to believe in the idea that there are plenty of good managers, but it's the lucky ones who win. Maybe Pellegrini is just a very unlucky bloke. Easiest way to explain our stats so far this season anyway. Conceded 2 more than Arsenal, scored loads more, yet 6 points behind them. Best GD in the league by a stretch and sat 4th. I think we'd have to win pretty much every game until the new year to put us back in, and that would also have to involve Arsenal and Chelsea picking up another couple of losses each.
That's been one of the problems. We cannot set up the same way if Fernandinho is out and we have just Yaya and Garcia in central midfield. We will continue to get poor results if this happens again. We cannot expect Milner to do what Silva does if Silva is out, as well as cover for lazy arse Richards constantly walking off and falling for a winger falling deep to draw him out. If we have certain players out we have to play differently to play to our strengths, not just go out and expect to get a result whilst playing in a way that hinders us due to the personnel on the pitch. We do not have a good enough squad to do that yet.

hgblue said:
I think we've put ourselves in the position where we need to keep winning in order to keep in touch with the sides above us, and that is due to the fact that we've dropped points that we shouldn't have.

For me, this is becoming less and less relevant each time the rags and Chelsea drop points. It's clear that nobody's going to run away with the league between now and the turn of the year. Even if we were to go to West Brom or Southampton and drop points it would mean very little for the title race unless you believe Arsenal are going to run away with it win the whole thing.

hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
hgblue said:

I think we've put ourselves in the position where we need to keep winning in order to keep in touch with the sides above us, and that is due to the fact that we've dropped points that we shouldn't have. If that's the point that people are making, then I agree with them. If they're saying Pellegrini should be sacked if we don't win our next 4 games then, I agree, that's a bit silly. I don't think many are saying that though?

I think we are slap bang in the mix for a league title still in its early stages and we havnt hit top gear yet. We have scored an incredible amount of goals, conceded only two goals more than the side sat top and have had some bad luck in that we have had a few individual horror shows costing us points rather than a system completely failing us which many on here have tried to claim.

We will win the league ;-)

KippaxCitizen said:
adrianr said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm not getting sucked into this daft thread again but I just have to comment on all these "have to admit MP got it bang on today" comments. He did nothing different today than he's been doing all season. The team picked itself. The formation and gameplan was exactly what it always is. If I'm really honest I didn't think we played as well as we have in some games, we were just clinical and no one made any silly errors.

Everything is going fine and dandy. Silverware beckons this season.

Bang on. It's getting bloody tiring being a tactical mastermind when we win and tactical neanderthal when we lose. We've set up in pretty much the same way in nearly all of our matches this season, or as same as the players at our disposal allows at least. The worst thing you can accuse Pellegrini of is trying to do too much too quickly.

FWIW I still don't think we'll win the league. It's still really grating me, that one number in the entire league table of hundreds of numbers. The one that sits in our L column, and reads 4. At the death at Sunderland we should have salvaged a point. At Villa we shouldn't have lost. At Chelsea we shouldn't have lost. I'm actually beginning to believe in the idea that there are plenty of good managers, but it's the lucky ones who win. Maybe Pellegrini is just a very unlucky bloke. Easiest way to explain our stats so far this season anyway. Conceded 2 more than Arsenal, scored loads more, yet 6 points behind them. Best GD in the league by a stretch and sat 4th. I think we'd have to win pretty much every game until the new year to put us back in, and that would also have to involve Arsenal and Chelsea picking up another couple of losses each.
That's been one of the problems. We cannot set up the same way if Fernandinho is out and we have just Yaya and Garcia in central midfield. We will continue to get poor results if this happens again. We cannot expect Milner to do what Silva does if Silva is out, as well as cover for lazy arse Richards constantly walking off and falling for a winger falling deep to draw him out. If we have certain players out we have to play differently to play to our strengths, not just go out and expect to get a result whilst playing in a way that hinders us due to the personnel on the pitch. We do not have a good enough squad to do that yet.

The stats and our golf difference highlight the extremes in performance and in a sense actually explains why we are not top of the league. We hammered a top quality side like Spurs this week but, particularly in the first half, struggled to create anything of note against Sunderland with our upsurge in performance happening when we were 1-0 down.

Things will always go against you over the course of the season. Some United fans are probably highlighting Medels slap and conceding a last minute equaliser form that free kick. Bad luck would have been irrelevant had we played to a consistent standard against Sunderland and we certainly had a long enough period to respond to the goal.

I still think the back two has been messed about too often and Garcia has been used in instances where Milner would have been more effective. Still a lot of positives but lets not be blind and blame bad luck as a the sole reason for our poor form away from home.

BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:

They've had a consistency in results which we lack - but certainly not a consistency of performance. Frankly, if we'd gone to Stamford Bridge and been half as tepid as Arsenal were at Old Trafford i'd have been very disappointed.

My confidence in our ability to win this league remains firmly intact. I think we will do. In terms of your comment about playing the same style home and away, I think we will play that way and win the league. I feel like you're deeply focussed on the results we've had without really taking into account the performances (away from home that is). Cardiff and Stoke aside we've been IMO consistently getting better in terms of performances. At Sunderland the team selection was wrong and we suffered for that plus having Kompany/Dinho/Silva out

Way too much pessimism around IMO, and it's been that way all season. Strange when you consider the fact we're still in all competitions and getting better as a team with each passing week.

No pessimism from me. I think we are doing fine I just think Arsenal are better. Arsenal have had way more injuries than us and everyone come to that. Not many teams win at OT and I think they did ok and dominated them for parts of the game.

It is a shame that all our injuries seem to be in the same area and that has coincided with a drop in Hart's form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.