Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
Manuel Pellegrini isn't as daft as he appears or is perceived to be and he will put the League as top priority until the next round of the Champions League imo.

Qualifying after 4 games has taken all the pressure off CL wise, it's what United have done for years.If we had to go into the Bayern game needing at least a point then yes he would probably have saved a few or given them half a game in the PL game beforehand.

He set us up perfect v Tottenham, very similar to how we set up v United.

Navas is devastating on the counter, watching Nasri, Aguero and Negredo taking up positions when he was steaming forward was counter attacking at its best, but let's not kid ourselves, Tottenhams back four were woeful also, that first Navas goal changed how they wanted to play too.

Must say and 10 out of 10 to Manuel that the team spirit is the best for decades, seeing them all go to Milner after his pass to Navas was great to see.

Away from home now boss please .

BobKowalski said:
taconinja said:
Oh and on the subject of yesterday's tactics, I'm amused that Pellegrini insisted during interviews beforehand that we would never play with 10 men behind the ball... which we did very effectively yesterday at times.

Its up there with 'whatever the score we will always press on and score more' cue taking off Sergio at 5-0, putting on Garcia and seeing out the game. It was the correct decision but I can do without being spoon fed guff and expected to swallow without thinking.

With displays like that he can feed me what he likes, my mouth is always open

I'm struggling and finding it weird that even after a 6-0 drumming some people are still looking for a negative?

BobKowalski said:
What also got on my tits is all the bollocks about 'football like you have never seen before' as if we had been playing Fat Sam's 'punt it long game' prior to Pellers and co showing up. You couple the rhetoric with the reality and ever shifting sands of excuses and people understandably get a bit testy.
Bollocks ?

In 40+ years of watching City live, I've probably seen us score 6 two or three times live, in the last 3 matches I've attended, we've averaged 6, how much better do you think we could be playing ?

Its a serious question, and I know about the away form and all, but we are playing football like I've never seen, just not every game yet, he has only been here 18 games.....

cleavers said:
BobKowalski said:
What also got on my tits is all the bollocks about 'football like you have never seen before' as if we had been playing Fat Sam's 'punt it long game' prior to Pellers and co showing up. You couple the rhetoric with the reality and ever shifting sands of excuses and people understandably get a bit testy.
Bollocks ?

In 40+ years of watching City live, I've probably seen us score 6 two or three times live, in the last 3 matches I've attended, we've averaged 6, how much better do you think we could be playing ?

Its a serious question, and I know about the away form and all, but we are playing football like I've never seen, just not every game yet, he has only been here 18 games.....

Bob didn't want Pellers at City.

OB1 said:
cleavers said:
BobKowalski said:
Bollocks ?

Bob didn't want Pellers at City.
Did you?
Was he on the big list everyone did on here in feb/march on who they wanted here

I don't think one person mentioned him

cleavers said:
BobKowalski said:
Bollocks ?

exactly what I was saying to the kids on the way out from the game yesterday
it reminds me of the early 70s when we used to regularly put teams to the sword, and we weren't always brilliant away from home then either

NQCitizen said:
Marvin said:
Who is responsible for the return to form of Aguero, Silva and Nasri?

Mancini was sacked as a consequence of the loss of fitness and form of key players like Aguero, Silva and Kompany

In the title-winning season Kompany, Silva and Aguero were almost ever-present and on form throughout.

Now, whilst Silva and Aguero have returned to form, all we wait for is for Kompany to return and we could be on for another title challenge.

Maybe there is more to the return of form of players than good health, but the old saying that a manager is only as good as his players is true, and keeping those best players fit makes the difference when it comes to winning trophies

An awful lot of hot air has been spoken about tactics and management styles - the most important aspect is the players, and keeping them on the pitch and in good nick. And semi-competent manager should be able to win trophies at City with a bit of luck with injuries.

Player's form is always a tricky barometer because you could just as easily cite Clichy, Nastasic or Hart.
Hart has been poor for a long time, fair play to Pelle for finally dropping him, Mancini should have done that last season same with Clichy who dipped in form last season. Wouldn't say Nastasic form has dipped its just that hes been found out a bit without Kompany.

I'm personally loving this season the football we're playing is out of this world, away form is disappointing but the performances have slowly been getting better and tbf we've had terrible luck in terms of injuries. Dread to think what other football fans think of this place, we've just beaten a very good side who spent over 100 million in the summer six bloody nil and still some people are criticising the manager.

squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:
BobKowalski said:
Bollocks ?

it reminds me of the early 70s when we used to regularly put teams to the sword, and we weren't always brilliant away from home then either

It might be a football fetish type of thing in which some people would rather go back to the Pearce season when we only scored 10 all season?

squirtyflower said:
and even then 4 was good !

So far this season I've seen 4 4 1 3 3 7 5 6, that's 33 goals in 8 games, luckily I've avoided all the bad results, apart from Bayern, and a couple of decent ones too.

flb said:
Ray78 said:
Manuel Pellegrini isn't as daft as he appears or is perceived to be and he will put the League as top priority until the next round of the Champions League imo.

Qualifying after 4 games has taken all the pressure off CL wise, it's what United have done for years.If we had to go into the Bayern game needing at least a point then yes he would probably have saved a few or given them half a game in the PL game beforehand.

He set us up perfect v Tottenham, very similar to how we set up v United.

Navas is devastating on the counter, watching Nasri, Aguero and Negredo taking up positions when he was steaming forward was counter attacking at its best, but let's not kid ourselves, Tottenhams back four were woeful also, that first Navas goal changed how they wanted to play too.

Must say and 10 out of 10 to Manuel that the team spirit is the best for decades, seeing them all go to Milner after his pass to Navas was great to see.

Away from home now boss please .

Agreed flb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.