Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and on the subject of yesterday's tactics, I'm amused that Pellegrini insisted during interviews beforehand that we would never play with 10 men behind the ball... which we did very effectively yesterday at times.

taconinja said:
Oh and on the subject of yesterday's tactics, I'm amused that Pellegrini insisted during interviews beforehand that we would never play with 10 men behind the ball... which we did very effectively yesterday at times.

Which is a positive sign that he can be pragmatic when required and not 'gung ho' when away from home. Even though my comments don't carry much intellectual weight compared to Bluemoon's very own lexicographers what I am trying to say that Manuel Pellgrini can now fully concentrate in solving our away form from now until the start of the Champions League knock out stages.

Thought for the first thirty minutes Paulinho was practically sitting in Yaya's space and negating him. MP then pushed Navas into the middle of the park at one point, between their midfield and back line. In response Spurs had to withdraw Paolinho as Sandro and Holtby dropped deeper, and we then began to exert ourselves in the vacated area.

Ian Cheeseman is very bitter because he doesn't get much access to pellegrini and criticised him for not doing website interviews.

The website interviews don't add anything to what is said to tv, so there is no real point.

Besides, Pellegrini 3 part interview on website this week, rather pissing on his point.

Who is responsible for the return to form of Aguero, Silva and Nasri?

Mancini was sacked as a consequence of the loss of fitness and form of key players like Aguero, Silva and Kompany

In the title-winning season Kompany, Silva and Aguero were almost ever-present and on form throughout.

Now, whilst Silva and Aguero have returned to form, all we wait for is for Kompany to return and we could be on for another title challenge.

Maybe there is more to the return of form of players than good health, but the old saying that a manager is only as good as his players is true, and keeping those best players fit makes the difference when it comes to winning trophies

An awful lot of hot air has been spoken about tactics and management styles - the most important aspect is the players, and keeping them on the pitch and in good nick. And semi-competent manager should be able to win trophies at City with a bit of luck with injuries.

Marvin said:
Who is responsible for the return to form of Aguero, Silva and Nasri?

Mancini was sacked as a consequence of the loss of fitness and form of key players like Aguero, Silva and Kompany

In the title-winning season Kompany, Silva and Aguero were almost ever-present and on form throughout.

Now, whilst Silva and Aguero have returned to form, all we wait for is for Kompany to return and we could be on for another title challenge.

Maybe there is more to the return of form of players than good health, but the old saying that a manager is only as good as his players is true, and keeping those best players fit makes the difference when it comes to winning trophies

An awful lot of hot air has been spoken about tactics and management styles - the most important aspect is the players, and keeping them on the pitch and in good nick. And semi-competent manager should be able to win trophies at City with a bit of luck with injuries.

Player's form is always a tricky barometer because you could just as easily cite Clichy, Nastasic or Hart.

I really can't see why some of us keep falling out over the manager

I guess I am just a simple type City fan, I just support the club results like yesterday will live in my memory for ever, results like Sunderland and Villa will be forgotten

taconinja said:

Its up there with 'whatever the score we will always press on and score more' cue taking off Sergio at 5-0, putting on Garcia and seeing out the game. It was the correct decision but I can do without being spoon fed guff and expected to swallow without thinking.

BobKowalski said:
OB1 said:
....He will also be the intellectual superior of all but a few posters on Bluemoon.

You can almost hear the shrine being built. The cabal is now a coven. The disciples of Pellers. I love this place.

I'm sure there were two Dr Who serials about the shrine: "The Monster of Peladon" & "The Curse of Peladon".

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BobKowalski said:
It is proving to be a fascinating season.
I agree but this is one of the things I don't get. The ebbs and flows of the narrative of this season are compelling and especially as we are at the very heart of it, and yet some posters seem to derive little or no enjoyment from the experience.

Many correctly predicted a season of vacillating fortunes for the big clubs and if we're going to be part of that equation then we're going to have our moments of pain as well as joy.

Whilst obliterating all in our path has its appeal so, in its own way, does a season of bi-polar highs and lows such as we are experiencing. I believe in May expect many will quite possibly look back upon this season with a similar fondness to the 2011/12 campaign, if for different reasons.

It's great to be a central part of it.

You do have to enjoy what the season brings although I think some of us (and I include myself in this) would like a season or two more of obliterating all in our path before reverting back to a more up and down affair. I do get irked looking at our squad with the upgrades this year and having to come to terms with this being our worst start in 5 years and then looking at the other major teams and seeing how below par they have been and wondering if only we hadn't been so useless on our travels etc etc. But you adjust and compared to the merge fare over the last 30 odd years its not exactly a hardship.

What also got on my tits is all the bollocks about 'football like you have never seen before' as if we had been playing Fat Sam's 'punt it long game' prior to Pellers and co showing up. You couple the rhetoric with the reality and ever shifting sands of excuses and people understandably get a bit testy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.