Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on topic.

It's going to be interesting this week, Plzen is an irrelevance but we have Swansea up on sunday and again that sitting deeper may come into play because Swansea are a possession team, will likely play with just one up front and look to keep the ball.

It's actually a good time to try out an away style tactic in the comfort of our own home.

Danamy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:
And it would be good if we can keep it that way.

This may well be the high water mark, cleavers. When the word 'cabal' comes out, and the other you-know-who joins the thread things usually head south.

Good whilst it lasted to be fair. I'm getting ready to bail out...

I thought you were doing well considering around 8 pages ago you weren't going to get drawn in? ;-)

I know..I know...!

Like fags, this thread. A cheeky couple of social ones and you're hooked again, even though you know it's no good for you.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Back on topic.

It's going to be interesting this week, Plzen is an irrelevance but we have Swansea up on sunday and again that sitting deeper may come into play because Swansea are a possession team, will likely play with just one up front and look to keep the ball.

It's actually a good time to try out an away style tactic in the comfort of our own home.

The fixtures between now and the end of the year are fascinating for so many different reasons, and whilst pellegrini's future doesn't hang on them, our season largely does.

We've got some more big teams at home and some challenging aways. Because of the rollercoaster nature of our results, no one can predict them with any certainty. If we go on a run now pur season could be on fire by the turn of the year. I honestly have a feeling it will be.

But I thought we would go on that run before Sunderland. I'm really enjoying watching things unfold.

taconinja said:
cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This may well be the high water mark, cleavers. When the word 'cabal' comes out, and the other you-know-who joins the thread things usually head south.

Good whilst it lasted to be fair. I'm getting ready to bail out...
I find it sad that we all support the same football team, and that some need to tag others one way or another. After yesterday's brilliant result, which must have suprised even the most optimistic blue, you'd think we could have a bit of time where we just enjoyed being a blue ?

The debate has been good for most of today, but I probably expect too much.
Honestly yesterday's result didn't surprise me. It wasn't what I expected, but I've come to feel that when playing at home, that kind of result is most decidedly in the cards.

Away from home, I'm learning not to be surprised if we lose to any club in the league. I'm hopeful that changes, though.

Agreed. I can't say the result surprised me, even if the scoreline did, given Spurs wretched form coming into the match. It is still the oddest 6-0 I have ever seen. Score after 15 seconds. Park the bus for 30 minutes. Score two more before HT and game over.

My big issue is the mentality of the group and away from home this is exposed. I also expect us to have several reverses at home if I'm honest. Bizarrely the Spurs game reinforced that view. What may dig us out of any problems at home will be the potency of the attack which currently is redefining the word 'ruthless'.

It is proving to be a fascinating season.

I am starting to agree with the general consensus that he employed a bit of pragmatism yesterday

AVB will have been watching us and worked out a way to get the better, what did the sly old fox do? Change the game plan, the first very early goal helped but Spuds looked like they did not have a clue like they had been drilled into one tactic (if you know what I mean)

We definitely are an enigma I have had them all (Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal and Blackpool Fans) telling me that we look like one of the best teams in the world yesterday, not really trying that hard but thrashing a near rival high praise indeed

BobKowalski said:
It is proving to be a fascinating season.
I agree but this is one of the things I don't get. The ebbs and flows of the narrative of this season are compelling and especially as we are at the very heart of it, and yet some posters seem to derive little or no enjoyment from the experience.

Many correctly predicted a season of vacillating fortunes for the big clubs and if we're going to be part of that equation then we're going to have our moments of pain as well as joy.

Whilst obliterating all in our path has its appeal so, in its own way, does a season of bi-polar highs and lows such as we are experiencing. I believe in May expect many will quite possibly look back upon this season with a similar fondness to the 2011/12 campaign, if for different reasons.

It's great to be a central part of it.

Yesterdays performance was an.interesting one. Before the game i cimmented that i though we might get overryn in.midfield and the first 39 mins we definitely conceeded a lot of posession to them and our defense again.looked all over the place and vulnerable due to huge holes in midfield in front of them.....yet we were a couple of goals to the good due to very poor defending from spurs (also our attacking play was looking good)......

Now at around the 30 mins mark mp was in his technical area shouting stuff at the players and whether it was the back 4 stepping up or the midfield dropping deeper, the gap between midfield and defense disappeared and we started to play......the sevond half continued inuch the same way.

Also interesting that he decided to shut up shop and playef 5 in.midfield for the last psrt of the game.....hopefullt his tactical.flexibility isnt a one off ad yesterday was a lot better but at timed esp.in.the first half we were very sloppy

simon23 said:
Yesterdays performance was an.interesting one. Before the game i cimmented that i though we might get overryn in.midfield and the first 39 mins we definitely conceeded a lot of posession to them and our defense again.looked all over the place and vulnerable due to huge holes in midfield in front of them.....yet we were a couple of goals to the good due to very poor defending from spurs (also our attacking play was looking good)......

Now at around the 30 mins mark mp was in his technical area shouting stuff at the players and whether it was the back 4 stepping up or the midfield dropping deeper, the gap between midfield and defense disappeared and we started to play......the sevond half continued inuch the same way.

Also interesting that he decided to shut up shop and playef 5 in.midfield for the last psrt of the game.....hopefullt his tactical.flexibility isnt a one off ad yesterday was a lot better but at timed esp.in.the first half we were very sloppy
You're using that phone again, aren't you?

Ducado said:
I am starting to agree with the general consensus that he employed a bit of pragmatism yesterday

AVB will have been watching us and worked out a way to get the better, what did the sly old fox do? Change the game plan, the first very early goal helped but Spuds looked like they did not have a clue like they had been drilled into one tactic (if you know what I mean)

We definitely are an enigma I have had them all (Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal and Blackpool Fans) telling me that we look like one of the best teams in the world yesterday, not really trying that hard but thrashing a near rival high praise indeed
I think it was purposeful. It was also highly effective in nullifying what little attacking impetus Spurs seem to have this season. They only real danger were a couple of mistakes on the flanks but they were mostly snuffed out quickly.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
simon23 said:

You're using that phone again, aren't you?

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.