Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
wayne71 said:
Thank god, someone with a bit of football knowledge and common sense.

Yeah. Real common sense.

I'll tell you what, if Pellegrini is sacked by Christmas I'll write "I am Didsbury Dave" on my back in big blue letters and run a full bollock naked streak onto the pitch in the ninth minute of the Liverpool match. I'll even throw in a "I was wrong" banner which I will plant in the centre circle.

Once again,
[1] I am enjoying the football at home.
[2] I am not enjoying the football away from home. Losing the way we have done are not pleasant experiences.
[3] A good defence wins trophies in all team ball sports - NOT cavalier attacking.
[4] Pellegrini keeps making the same mistakes away from home. It is not bad luck it is bad defending due to bad team set up and deployed tactics.
[5] if Pellers continues to NOT learn from his mistakes away from home then he will have to go - Indeed, the sooner the better if that is the case.
[6] If Pellers sorts out our defending away from home and at home against the best teams (and its not the players because previously WITHOUT Kompany we were still one of the best defences in the league) he can stay.

This is my mantra. Not what you continue to imply.

BlueAnorak said:
Didsbury Dave said:
wayne71 said:

Yeah. Real common sense.

I'll tell you what, if Pellegrini is sacked by Christmas I'll write "I am Didsbury Dave" on my back in big blue letters and run a full bollock naked streak onto the pitch in the ninth minute of the Liverpool match. I'll even throw in a "I was wrong" banner which I will plant in the centre circle.

Once again,
[2] I am not enjoying the football away from home. Losing the way we have done are not pleasant experiences.
[3] A good defence wins trophies in all team ball sports - NOT cavalier attacking.
[4] Pellegrini keeps making the same mistakes away from home. It is not bad luck it is bad defending due to bad team set up and deployed tactics.
[5] if Pellers continues to NOT learn from his mistakes away from home then he will have to go - Indeed, the sooner the better if that is the case.
[6] If Pellers sorts out our defending away from home and at home against the best teams (and its not the players because previously WITHOUT Kompany we were still one of the best defences in the league) he can stay.

Despite only conceding two goals more than the side currently sat top, lets all hope he pleases you before xmas and that you allow him to stay.

It would be nice as some of us kind of like him.

BlueAnorak said:
Didsbury Dave said:
wayne71 said:

Yeah. Real common sense.

Once again,

I forgot [7].
[7] The club will be severely damaged financially if we fail to qualify for the Champions League this season. It is a critical time for the club that will (probably) just break even this season.

BlueAnorak said:
BlueAnorak said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yeah. Real common sense.

Once again,

I forgot [7].
[7] The club will be severely damaged financially if we fail to qualify for the Champions League this season. It is a critical time for the club that will (probably) just break even this season.

Ive got work at 10 tonight....any chance of your full list of conditions of him keeping his job some time before then?

cheers.

BlueAnorak said:

Nonsense. Barcelona and the rags are arguably two of the most successful teams of the last decade. To suggest they are anything but cavalier attacking teams is plain wrong.

It's arguable both ways. I think it's been about bad luck and bad defending by individuals rather than a tactical problem. You think the opposite. The manager seems to agree with what I'm saying.

Personally I find this comment to be one which in Bluemoon terms would be "deliberately provocative". It's absolute farce for anyone to think Pellegrini is going anywhere anytime soon. The team are clearly heading in the right direction and since the manager is constantly reiterating that he has no problems with the overall performances away from home, then I'd suggest that he doesn't think he's making mistakes.

It's not your decision whether he stays or goes, and more importantly, we are not a club who sack managers for fun. Your entire argument is based on the premise that the manager is somehow tactically deficient and that the players' mistakes are irrelevant. As I said above, the manager things otherwise which suggests he doesn't think he's doing much wrong. That doesn't strike me as someone who's even remotely concerned about either a) the performances or b) his own position.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Is this you in City Square before the game, DD?

fat-hipster-guy.jpg

Is that not SHB displaying his Insanity achievments while simultaneously proclaiming his 30yrs of City support?

I've pretty much stayed away from this thread and Bluemoon in general this season. Having let my Season Card go for financial reasons I find it to be a very different world without a regular trip to the Etihad to look forward to. It's weird.

I do get to watch live games via feeds/TV or recordings and I 'll say this of our season so far.

We have played some of the most scintilating attacking football I've seen. I witnessed a few games under Mancini that were up there with this type of free flowing attacking football too. The main difference between the City I watched regularly for the last while and this side is purely defensive. Right now, and this includes saturdays thrashing of Spurs, we just don't look very comfortable at the back. It is of course early doors and I tend to sit with the 'it will work itself out' crowd at present. The points lost so far, away from home, isn't good enough for a squad of this capability and I think we need to look at the 'If you can't win make sure you don't lose' mentality more closely. Joe Hart has been exposed because he has had more to do than he did under Mancini. Playing a high defensive line brings him into the game more and he has been found wanting. Hopefully he'll get back on board a better player for the rest.
I think the games coming up away to West Brom and Southampton will tell us a lot about Pellegrini and this current crop of City players. Time to step up to the plate and start dictating games.I wouldn't go as far as to say 'must win' but they are definately 'must not lose'.

A run is needed now if we are to be serious aboput going after the tilte again.

I do hope we can sort out the defensive frailties because if we do I honestly think this team can go along way domestically and in Europe.

Didsbury Dave said:
wayne71 said:

Yeah. Real common sense.

Please God no. City MUST keep Pellers!

BlueAnorak said:
I really think you should re-read some of your own posts before having a go at others on this one. The Pot calling the Kettle immediately springs to mind.

Apologies I missed this from earlier. You make a fair point, I know what I said about Mancini and I know how provocative it was at times. Believe me I spent enough days sat on the sidelines of Bluemoon waiting for a ban to run it's course to know I was pissing people off.

The point is more that the continuing feuding is really pissing off other forum users as well as Ric and the mods. I've said my apologies both privately a publicly for things I've said in the past and I'd love to stick to discussing the current manager. I can disagree with a lot of what you say but I need to be mature enough to do that without the petty point scoring and snide comments either about Mancini or about you personally as a poster.

Not saying I won't slip but as a starting point I'm going to try and stick the subject and stay out of the feuding so to speak. I like talking about the manager, and contrary to what others think, I have been critical of him when I think he's gotten things wrong. I just happen to think he hasn't gotten a lot wrong so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.