Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:
He's more at home in Europe than the Premiership but no I still wouldn't play him......Imagine him taking on Reus.If we need someone to do that role then I'd buy Lars Bender.

I'd like to think Rodwell is the long term solution to this problem. However if his injuries don't clear up or if the coaches see him as more of an attacking midfield player then I'm sure it'll get addressed in next summer. Can't see Javi not being pushed further down the pecking order after two more transfer windows.

Interestingly it's being reported Pellegrini has stated categorically City will sign no one in January.
That doesn't surprise me barring major injury. You don't want to end up with the problem Tottenham has of so many new faces everything on the pitch becomes a jumble.

taconinja said:
BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:
He's more at home in Europe than the Premiership but no I still wouldn't play him......Imagine him taking on Reus.If we need someone to do that role then I'd buy Lars Bender.

I'd like to think Rodwell is the long term solution to this problem. However if his injuries don't clear up or if the coaches see him as more of an attacking midfield player then I'm sure it'll get addressed in next summer. Can't see Javi not being pushed further down the pecking order after two more transfer windows.

Interestingly it's being reported Pellegrini has stated categorically City will sign no one in January.
That doesn't surprise me barring major injury. You don't want to end up with the problem Tottenham has of so many new faces everything on the pitch becomes a jumble.

Personally I do not think Pellegrini would close the door, if say a top class centre half, Isco, or a top player has a fall out with his club and would dramatically improve the team. But his words will reassure the players and that cannot be a bad thing.

franksinatra said:
taconinja said:
BillyShears said:

Personally I do not think Pellegrini would close the door, if say a top class centre half, Isco, or a top player has a fall out with his club and would dramatically improve the team. But his words will reassure the players and that cannot be a bad thing.
Sure. I file that under Exceptional Circumstances similar to major injuries or Dzeko for instance having a meltdown and demanding a transfer, which wouldn't surprise me either.

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
Upon occasion, his team may be forced to play that way and, even more rarely, he may send them out to do that but it is not going to be the usual way that he goes about things. It won't have been a revelation to him that it worked for us against Spurs and he won't be beyond parking the bus if we should visit the Nou Camp in the next stage of the UCL; I'd love to draw Barca just to see if he does.

It's funny, I had Tolmie on the phone an hour or so ago and we were discussing the same thing. There will definitely be occasions where we will need to be more defensive. But over the course of a season it will not be more than a dozen times out of 50 + games if you take into account cup competitions. The reality is that other than Chelsea away, there isn't a single other ground in the PL where I'd be changing from the way we've set up so far this season.

The CL is different. The other thing I said to Tolmie which is going to certainly upset Cobwebcat (sorry mate!) - is I'm convinced that away from home in the CL when we get to the knockout stages we'll see Garcia making up the extra man in midfield. But again it's about the opposition. It'll have to be a team like Bayern/Barca where he does that - and even then there's an argument to suggest you aren't going to match them in midfield so give up the advantage and play on the break. Just be far more effective and dynamic than we were against Bayern at home!

Even with a fully fit Rodwell? (Long shot I know)

Puppet Master Silva said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
Upon occasion, his team may be forced to play that way and, even more rarely, he may send them out to do that but it is not going to be the usual way that he goes about things. It won't have been a revelation to him that it worked for us against Spurs and he won't be beyond parking the bus if we should visit the Nou Camp in the next stage of the UCL; I'd love to draw Barca just to see if he does.

It's funny, I had Tolmie on the phone an hour or so ago and we were discussing the same thing. There will definitely be occasions where we will need to be more defensive. But over the course of a season it will not be more than a dozen times out of 50 + games if you take into account cup competitions. The reality is that other than Chelsea away, there isn't a single other ground in the PL where I'd be changing from the way we've set up so far this season.

The CL is different. The other thing I said to Tolmie which is going to certainly upset Cobwebcat (sorry mate!) - is I'm convinced that away from home in the CL when we get to the knockout stages we'll see Garcia making up the extra man in midfield. But again it's about the opposition. It'll have to be a team like Bayern/Barca where he does that - and even then there's an argument to suggest you aren't going to match them in midfield so give up the advantage and play on the break. Just be far more effective and dynamic than we were against Bayern at home!

Even when healthy lacks discipline and relies on tackling, which in the CL is suicidal at best.

taconinja said:
BillyShears said:

Even when healthy lacks discipline and relies on tackling, which in the CL is suicidal at best.

I'd say Javi has Champions League experience going for him, but for me that's about it. Maybe next season when hopefully Rodwell will get some group stage football under his belt it will be a different story.

Fucking hell...Just caught up the latest 20 pages..

Errr sorry to ask but it appears we got a good beating on Sunday because even I am surprised at some of the negative comments being levelled at MP,Yaya and the likes.

Jesus wept we won 6-0 and could have been more.
I am simply not getting involved in this anymore because all I want is for MP to employ tactics that are going to see us win on the road.
Sorry but I am still basking in watching an amazing performance against a so called title contending rival. This wasn't Norwich with all due respect,this was against a team who have spent lavishly and we still dismantled them.
Got a feeling we are going to go on an huge unbeaten run now.
I shall leave you lot to woman amongst each other. Had my input and am just loking forward to another thumping performance at home tomorrow night.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fucking hell...Just caught up the latest 20 pages..

Errr sorry to ask but it appears we got a good beating on Sunday because even I am surprised at some of the negative comments being levelled at MP,Yaya and the likes.

Jesus wept we won 6-0 and could have been more.
I am simply not getting involved in this anymore because all I want is for MP to employ tactics that are going to see us win on the road.
Sorry but I am still basking in watching an amazing performance against a so called title contending rival. This wasn't Norwich with all due respect,this was against a team who have spent lavishly and we still dismantled them.
Got a feeling we are going to go on an huge unbeaten run now.
I shall leave you lot to woman amongst each other. Had my input and am just loking forward to another thumping performance at home tomorrow night.

Lol

taconinja said:

I'd say Javi has Champions League experience going for him, but for me that's about it. Maybe next season when hopefully Rodwell will get some group stage football under his belt it will be a different story.

And I hope we take what I see as the sensible option and neither are here next season and instead we've got a young lad called Ross getting group stage experience whilst a more experienced young lad called Lars there to provide the solidity and skill we need in a strong central midfield core.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
taconinja said:

And I hope we take what I see as the sensible option and neither are here next season and instead we've got a young lad called Ross getting group stage experience whilst a more experienced young lad called Lars there to provide the solidity and skill we need in a strong central midfield core.

Barkley and Bender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.