Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palerider said:
Ray78 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Tactical or individual errors? Pellegrini promised a greater emphasis on attack and he's delivered. We score more goals and we win more handsomely when we win. But we have been losing more often. We're better in attack: we're worse in defence. The reason to me is obvious, and it's tactical. Pellegrini plays two up front and he has taken away a defensive midfielder to allow Fernandinho and Toure to go forward at the same time. There is space in front of our back 4 when Fernandinho and Ya Ya are both forward and the high punt comes out of our opponent's defence! And the back 4 push up to keep a high line - so there's sometimes space behind them as well! This happens at the Etihad as well, but so far only Everton have taken full advantage of it: away it's cost us the match at Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland. And of course when we get in such difficulties the emphasis on attack means there is no cover at all. Now, this is the way the manager wants us to play, and, at the moment, it's costing us a great deal - the best squad in the PL is in 8th place! It may come right in time for a truly memorable season, but at the moment Pellers has to take his share (the lion's) of the responsibility.

He has only been in charge for 11 Premier League and if for any reason we are making the same mistakes next season with Pellegrini's first choice defence then fair enough he should be questioned.

Ray, I'm not happy with any excuse (bad referee, 90% possession, offside goal, no penalty etc, etc). First choice defence just sounds like another. That's why you have a squad. There are no excuses, that goes for Pellegrini, Mancini, Hughes, Sven etc. They were/are paid huge amounts of money to make better decisions than you or I. Quite frankly most of them have not done that.

11 games and people expect a miracle in the League. Pellegrini has achieved his first objective in a competition he knows quite well and has got smaller clubs than us at least out of the group stages.

Ray78 said:
Palerider said:
Ray78 said:
He has only been in charge for 11 Premier League and if for any reason we are making the same mistakes next season with Pellegrini's first choice defence then fair enough he should be questioned.

Ray, I'm not happy with any excuse (bad referee, 90% possession, offside goal, no penalty etc, etc). First choice defence just sounds like another. That's why you have a squad. There are no excuses, that goes for Pellegrini, Mancini, Hughes, Sven etc. They were/are paid huge amounts of money to make better decisions than you or I. Quite frankly most of them have not done that.

11 games and people expect a miracle in the League. Pellegrini has achieved his first objective in a competition he knows quite well and has got smaller clubs than us at least out of the group stages.

I'm sick of hearing about the knock out stages of the CL, the game is littered with managers who have gotsmaller clubs to the latter stages- it's not exclusive to Manuel Pellegrini.

The league is the most important thing, not getting knocked out in the quarter finals of the CL

Ray78 said:
karen7 said:
He is coming across as stubborn imo,he has turned the leagues best defence to shit,even without vinnie we shouldn't be losing like we have been.His tactics,no-one elses

The decline started last season and there were worrying signs when we won the title.

You really do post some utter rubbish.
The best defence 3 years in a row.
Fact.

TGR said:
Ray78 said:
karen7 said:
He is coming across as stubborn imo,he has turned the leagues best defence to shit,even without vinnie we shouldn't be losing like we have been.His tactics,no-one elses

The decline started last season and there were worrying signs when we won the title.

Fact.

And you talk equal rubbish fact.

Ray78 said:
TGR said:
Ray78 said:

Fact.

Try qualifying your previous statement which disproves the fact we had the best defence 3 years on the bounce. I'm all ears...

waspish said:
Ray78 said:
TGR said:
Fact.

So what happened in those three years of the best defensive exits in the premier?

3 trophies but a shit European record which is equally important.

Ray78 said:
waspish said:
Ray78 said:

So what happened in those three years of the best defensive exits in the premier?

As per my previous post please qualify your statement. We had the best defence for 3 years on the trot.
You might not like the fact that we did - but we did. I didn't mention trophies. However it is no coincidence that we had the best defence and won trophies - maybe it's that what upsets you?

TGR said:
Ray78 said:
waspish said:

As per my previous post please qualify your statement. We had the best defence for 3 years on the trot.
You might not like the fact that we did - but we did. I didn't mention trophies. However it is no coincidence that we had the best defence and won trophies - maybe it's that what upsets you?

I am not doubting at all I am saying our defence was far from perfect as we have found out in Europe and last season. What upsets me is that I am talking rubbish. There is no right or wrong answer and there is always two sides of the argument.

Ray78 said:
TGR said:
Ray78 said:

I am not doubting at all I am saying our defence was far from perfect as we have found out in Europe and last season. What upsets me is that I am talking rubbish. There is no right or wrong answer and there is always two sides of the argument.

We've conceded 6 goals in 4 games in Europe mate, we ain't going to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.