Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Tactical or individual errors? Pellegrini promised a greater emphasis on attack and he's delivered. We score more goals and we win more handsomely when we win. But we have been losing more often. We're better in attack: we're worse in defence. The reason to me is obvious, and it's tactical. Pellegrini plays two up front and he has taken away a defensive midfielder to allow Fernandinho and Toure to go forward at the same time. There is space in front of our back 4 when Fernandinho and Ya Ya are both forward and the high punt comes out of our opponent's defence! And the back 4 push up to keep a high line - so there's sometimes space behind them as well! This happens at the Etihad as well, but so far only Everton have taken full advantage of it: away it's cost us the match at Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland. And of course when we get in such difficulties the emphasis on attack means there is no cover at all. Now, this is the way the manager wants us to play, and, at the moment, it's costing us a great deal - the best squad in the PL is in 8th place! It may come right in time for a truly memorable season, but at the moment Pellers has to take his share (the lion's) of the responsibility.

He has only been in charge for 11 Premier League and if for any reason we are making the same mistakes next season then fair enough he should be questioned.

Out of interest how low would we have to fall before he was deserving of questioning?

In the relegation zone similar to what Rijkaard did with Barcelona but their board still didn't panic then. We are only 6 points off Arsenal without our first choice centre backs.

Ray78 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Tactical or individual errors? Pellegrini promised a greater emphasis on attack and he's delivered. We score more goals and we win more handsomely when we win. But we have been losing more often. We're better in attack: we're worse in defence. The reason to me is obvious, and it's tactical. Pellegrini plays two up front and he has taken away a defensive midfielder to allow Fernandinho and Toure to go forward at the same time. There is space in front of our back 4 when Fernandinho and Ya Ya are both forward and the high punt comes out of our opponent's defence! And the back 4 push up to keep a high line - so there's sometimes space behind them as well! This happens at the Etihad as well, but so far only Everton have taken full advantage of it: away it's cost us the match at Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland. And of course when we get in such difficulties the emphasis on attack means there is no cover at all. Now, this is the way the manager wants us to play, and, at the moment, it's costing us a great deal - the best squad in the PL is in 8th place! It may come right in time for a truly memorable season, but at the moment Pellers has to take his share (the lion's) of the responsibility.

He has only been in charge for 11 Premier League and if for any reason we are making the same mistakes next season with Pellegrini's first choice defence then fair enough he should be questioned.

He never improved his defensive record season on season at Villareal and Malaga they got worse each season.

As I've said before it's his Gung Ho style of football that allows pressure on the back four and Central midfielders that will always mean we will concede goals, the PL is full of counter attacking teams, forward players and midfielders lose the ball and we leave ourselves wide open especially to the diagonal ball.

flb said:
Ray78 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

He has only been in charge for 11 Premier League and if for any reason we are making the same mistakes next season with Pellegrini's first choice defence then fair enough he should be questioned.

He never improved his defensive record season on season at Villareal and Malaga they got worse each season.

As I've said before it's his Gung Ho style of football that allows pressure on the back four and Central midfielders that will always mean we will concede goals, the PL is full of counter attacking teams, forward players and midfielders lose the ball and we leave ourselves wide open especially to the diagonal ball.

Real Madrid didn't do to badly with their first choice defenders and he didn't relegate Malaga or Villareal.......

Ray78 said:
flb said:
Ray78 said:

Real Madrid didn't do to badly with their first choice defenders.......

Only two teams of any substance when he was manager, I'd just like him to be more flexible with his formations mate, not such a high line and let's get some points on the board, he seems very rigid with no plan B- something the last manager also didn't have.One striker away from home aswell, we need to build some momentum.

flb said:
Ray78 said:
flb said:

Real Madrid didn't do to badly with their first choice defenders.......

Only two teams of any substance when he was manager, I'd just like him to be more flexible with his formations mate, not such a high line and let's get some points on the board, he seems very rigid with no plan B- something the last manager also didn't have.One striker away from home aswell, we need to build some momentum.

He will and the Chelsea formation and performance (barring one major player fuck up at the end) has given me encouragement he is pragmatic when needed and has learned a lot.

He is coming across as stubborn imo,he has turned the leagues best defence to shit,even without vinnie we shouldn't be losing like we have been.His tactics,no-one elses

karen7 said:
He is coming across as stubborn imo,he has turned the leagues best defence to shit,even without vinnie we shouldn't be losing like we have been.His tactics,no-one elses

The decline started last season and there were worrying signs when we won the title.

The crux if it for me is whether he will change tactically when needed and his comments suggest otherwise at the moment.....it was mentioned in he summer that tactics and flexibility chsnging his tactics during a fame were a number of his strong points and this has been clearly untrue upto now...goals conceeded have been pretty similar in friendlies and competative mstches snd the same problems as a defensuve unit have been there every game wven in ones we have won

Ray78 said:
karen7 said:

The decline started last season and there were worrying signs then and even in when we won the title.

Still was the best defence and i usually felt safe but now i have a heart attack everytime someone approaches the goal.No-one knows where they are supposed to be or what they are doing

Ray78 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Ray, I'm not happy with any excuse (bad referee, 90% possession, offside goal, no penalty etc, etc). First choice defence just sounds like another. That's why you have a squad. There are no excuses, that goes for Pellegrini, Mancini, Hughes, Sven etc. They were/are paid huge amounts of money to make better decisions than you or I. Quite frankly most of them have not done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.