Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skashion said:
BlueSiam said:
What's wrong with LC's post? I agree with it too. City's 1-6 win was largely against 10 men playing catch up. In the 4-1 we totally dominated from the first minute.
The rag team we beat 6-1 was a better side than the 4-1, hence why they had already beaten Arsenal 8-2 and were second in the league (to us) when we played them as well as finished with 89 points, which I guarantee they won't be doing this season. Also talking about playing against ten men is slightly disingenuous. Whilst I don't believe for a minute it'd have been 6-1 with eleven on the pitch, it's not like Evans got sent off for swearing at the ref or an off the ball incident. He brought Balotelli down when there was a clear goalscoring opportunity brought about by great attacking football. The red card was induced by how well we were playing. I don't understand getting too excited over the 4-1 at home. We've put three and four past the rags on our own patch plenty of times, including under Pearce. Massacring the rags at Old Trafford however was an earthquake where records tumbled, beating the rags 3-1 or 4-1 on our own patch is a very good derby win but not that much out of the ordinary in the history of the Manchester derby. I also cannot agree with those claiming the 4-1 was a more dominant performance. We also dominated the game for longer at Old Trafford. I think the people claiming we dominated from first to last minute against the rags at home are suffering from wilful amnesia, because after Gollum brought Cleverley on, and Pellegrini didn't respond tactically probably deciding 4-0 was enough, or else we just took our foot off, the rags had the better of the last half hour, whereas 70 minutes at Old Trafford, 75 with stoppage time, were ours in my view. The stats also back me up on that as they show the rags actually had more possession in the 4-1 than us whereas in the 6-1 we had the most possession.
Correct skas
And just to add the rags were in form when we humiliated them 6-1
6 days after we beat beat them 4-1 west brom twatted them at the swamp,they were all over the show form wise.

I would say the 1-0 away at their shithole last year was also Better than the 4-1 home win

We all had a good laugh at Fergie's comment in his book about murdering us for half an hour in the 1-6. But there was a grain of truth in it, we were under sustained pressure. They didn't create many clear cut chances but that was at least partly due to our defending. Which made the outcome of the match all the more sweeter. For me the first half hour of the 1-6 elevates it way above the 4-1.

The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
BlueSiam said:
What's wrong with LC's post? I agree with it too. City's 1-6 win was largely against 10 men playing catch up. In the 4-1 we totally dominated from the first minute.
The rag team we beat 6-1 was a better side than the 4-1, hence why they had already beaten Arsenal 8-2 and were second in the league (to us) when we played them as well as finished with 89 points, which I guarantee they won't be doing this season. Also talking about playing against ten men is slightly disingenuous. Whilst I don't believe for a minute it'd have been 6-1 with eleven on the pitch, it's not like Evans got sent off for swearing at the ref or an off the ball incident. He brought Balotelli down when there was a clear goalscoring opportunity brought about by great attacking football. The red card was induced by how well we were playing. I don't understand getting too excited over the 4-1 at home. We've put three and four past the rags on our own patch plenty of times, including under Pearce. Massacring the rags at Old Trafford however was an earthquake where records tumbled, beating the rags 3-1 or 4-1 on our own patch is a very good derby win but not that much out of the ordinary in the history of the Manchester derby. I also cannot agree with those claiming the 4-1 was a more dominant performance. We also dominated the game for longer at Old Trafford. I think the people claiming we dominated from first to last minute against the rags at home are suffering from wilful amnesia, because after Gollum brought Cleverley on, and Pellegrini didn't respond tactically probably deciding 4-0 was enough, or else we just took our foot off, the rags had the better of the last half hour, whereas 70 minutes at Old Trafford, 75 with stoppage time, were ours in my view. The stats also back me up on that as they show the rags actually had more possession in the 4-1 than us whereas in the 6-1 we had the most possession.
Correct skas
6 days after we beat beat them 4-1 west brom twatted them at the swamp,they were all over the show form wise.

I would say the 1-0 away at their shithole last year was also Better than the 4-1 home win

You mean that 2-1 where the rags didn't give a fuck? Don't be fucking stupid the 4-1 against them was 1 of the most 1 sided games I've ever seen and to say rags had a better team when we beat em 1-6 is bull as well they didn't have RVP and they beat probably the worst Arsenal team in prem history due to all the injuries they had.

citytill1die84 said:
The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
Correct skas

You mean that 2-1 where the rags didn't give a fuck? Don't be fucking stupid the 4-1 against them was 1 of the most 1 sided games I've ever seen and to say rags had a better team when we beat em 1-6 is bull as well they didn't have RVP and they beat probably the worst Arsenal team in prem history due to all the injuries they had.
Oh dear!

The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
BlueSiam said:
Correct skas

Wasn't it 2 -1 at the swamp last season.
Soz just read above.
Don't think anyone can deny that we played some great stuff in the 4 - 1. It just tailed off
when job done.

citytill1die84 said:

13 Szczesny
06 Koscielny
20 Djourou
25 Jenkinson
30 Traore
07 Rosicky
14 Walcott (Lansbury - 83' )
16 Ramsey
23 Arshavin
39 Coquelin (Oxlade-Chamberlain - 62' )
10 Van Persie (Chamakh - 83' )

An Arsenal side including RVP ironically. However, when we beat the rags 4-1 guess who wasn't playing:

01 De Gea
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand
12 Smalling
15 Vidic
10 Rooney Booked
16 Carrick
18 Young (Cleverley - 52' )
25 Valencia Booked
31 Fellaini
19 Welbeck

Spot anyone missing?

Let's also bear in mind the rags side we beat 4-1 at home was 8th to our 7th, whereas the rags' side we beat 6-1 away, was 2nd, to our 1st.

Oh, and why didn't the rags give a fuck about losing 2-1 to us?

I think it goes without saying the 6-1 result was better than 4-1 but the 4-1 performance was much better than the 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.