Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
Both excellent perfirmances and results. Probably a bit hard for those with entrenched attitudes to admit. Don't care which was better as it doesnt really matter.

I agree. One big difference was that the Rags had a player sent off at the Swamp, which makes comparisons even more futile.

Anyhow, I saw us batter them 4-1 at OT, back in the day...

Skashion said:
citytill1die84 said:
Tell me why?
Two reasons:
  1. You claim it is bull to said the rag side we beat 6-1 away (and was 2nd in the league and finished 89 points) was better than the one which we beat 4-1 at home (who were 8th in the league and will get nowhere near 89 points), on the basis that the rags had Van Persie. Erm, side we beat 4-1 didn't have Van Persie. I just pasted you the team sheet, all you had to do was read it, but not only have facts failed you this morning, you have failed even basic reading comprehsnion. Vidic DID play, Van Persie, DIDN'T play. Thus rendering your shite point about the side in 8th being better than the one in 2nd, completely null and void. Even if the players weren't better (not true in this case), the team was. The team that got 89 points was very good at gaining points. It's an easy claim to make and prove.
  2. Then you claim bizarrely that I'm trying to find negatives about Pellegrini, but that's ridiculous. I could just as easily claim you're trying to find negatives about Mancini to talk down the 6-1 or, even worse, you're trying to make out like Moyes is a better manager than Ferguson... Let's not go down that road. This is about comparing two derby performances and victories. I think the 6-1 was the better victory and performance, I have given good solid factual reasons to justify my view.

Point 1. We can also say we weren't as good as we were when we beat the rags 6-1. As for the Vidic part I thought u was on about the 6-1 my mistake. The rags could've had RVP up top against us in that 4-1 it wouldn't have changed a thing. Rags were 8th in the league ye but it was only after 4 games the 5th against us what about now? That team we beat so convincingly 4-1 lie above us even after being beaten by us. Where teams are in the league that early doesn't mean shit after all they did play Liverpool and Chelsea in 2 of those 4 games.

Point 2 i'm not finding negatives about Mancini don't need to. The 6-1 was made much easier by playing against 10 men and a team that wanted to keep the scoreline close by doing this the rags kept attacking look what happened? They were caught out 3 times in last 5 mins. The 4-1 at home was the complete performance against 11 men for 55 mins it looked like a training exercise. As for talking down the 6-1 not a chance mate 1 of the best days of my life being in that ground watching it empty so quick was amazing I even have a tattoo of it :) But imo like yours the 4-1 was the better performance.

Anyway my PS3 is calling :)

Skashion said:
BlueSiam said:
What's wrong with LC's post? I agree with it too. City's 1-6 win was largely against 10 men playing catch up. In the 4-1 we totally dominated from the first minute.
The rag team we beat 6-1 was a better side than the 4-1, hence why they had already beaten Arsenal 8-2 and were second in the league (to us) when we played them as well as finished with 89 points, which I guarantee they won't be doing this season. Also talking about playing against ten men is slightly disingenuous. Whilst I don't believe for a minute it'd have been 6-1 with eleven on the pitch, it's not like Evans got sent off for swearing at the ref or an off the ball incident. He brought Balotelli down when there was a clear goalscoring opportunity brought about by great attacking football. The red card was induced by how well we were playing. I don't understand getting too excited over the 4-1 at home. We've put three and four past the rags on our own patch plenty of times, including under Pearce. Massacring the rags at Old Trafford however was an earthquake where records tumbled, beating the rags 3-1 or 4-1 on our own patch is a very good derby win but not that much out of the ordinary in the history of the Manchester derby. I also cannot agree with those claiming the 4-1 was a more dominant performance. We also dominated the game for longer at Old Trafford. I think the people claiming we dominated from first to last minute against the rags at home are suffering from wilful amnesia, because after Gollum brought Cleverley on, and Pellegrini didn't respond tactically probably deciding 4-0 was enough, or else we just took our foot off, the rags had the better of the last half hour, whereas 70 minutes at Old Trafford, 75 with stoppage time, were ours in my view. The stats also back me up on that as they show the rags actually had more possession in the 4-1 than us whereas in the 6-1 we had the most possession.

Spot on we also really could of scored 10 that day as we had that many clear cut chances.

citytill1die84 said:
The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
The rag team we beat 6-1 was a better side than the 4-1, hence why they had already beaten Arsenal 8-2 and were second in the league (to us) when we played them as well as finished with 89 points, which I guarantee they won't be doing this season. Also talking about playing against ten men is slightly disingenuous. Whilst I don't believe for a minute it'd have been 6-1 with eleven on the pitch, it's not like Evans got sent off for swearing at the ref or an off the ball incident. He brought Balotelli down when there was a clear goalscoring opportunity brought about by great attacking football. The red card was induced by how well we were playing. I don't understand getting too excited over the 4-1 at home. We've put three and four past the rags on our own patch plenty of times, including under Pearce. Massacring the rags at Old Trafford however was an earthquake where records tumbled, beating the rags 3-1 or 4-1 on our own patch is a very good derby win but not that much out of the ordinary in the history of the Manchester derby. I also cannot agree with those claiming the 4-1 was a more dominant performance. We also dominated the game for longer at Old Trafford. I think the people claiming we dominated from first to last minute against the rags at home are suffering from wilful amnesia, because after Gollum brought Cleverley on, and Pellegrini didn't respond tactically probably deciding 4-0 was enough, or else we just took our foot off, the rags had the better of the last half hour, whereas 70 minutes at Old Trafford, 75 with stoppage time, were ours in my view. The stats also back me up on that as they show the rags actually had more possession in the 4-1 than us whereas in the 6-1 we had the most possession.
Correct skas
And just to add the rags were in form when we humiliated them 6-1
6 days after we beat beat them 4-1 west brom twatted them at the swamp,they were all over the show form wise.

I would say the 1-0 away at their shithole last year was also Better than the 4-1 home win

You mean that 2-1 where the rags didn't give a fuck? Don't be fucking stupid the 4-1 against them was 1 of the most 1 sided games I've ever seen and to say rags had a better team when we beat em 1-6 is bull as well they didn't have RVP and they beat probably the worst Arsenal team in prem history due to all the injuries they had.
Be honest, you didn't watch last season's 1-2 to us, the 4-1 to us earlier this season nor the United-Arsenal 8-2 game did you?

1. If they'd beaten us at their place last season i think we could have only won the league by goal difference or by one point from that point on, so a United win would have pretty much meant they won the title against us - yet we went there and dominated them, and you say they didn't give a fuck? (United won the league on 20th April with that dodgy offside hattrick from van Persie - we played them on 8th April).
2. the 4-1 was a game where we just took our few chances when they came and then Pellegrini wasn't arsed about hammering them, he was happy with 4-0 so didn't match their tactical changes and they bossed the last 30 minutes. It wasn't a particularly one sided game - watch it back, i have twice since watching it live and it wasn't a domination by us. I think the 1-0 win - Kompany header - was a better example of a domination against United.
3. van Persie did play in the 8-2.

KippaxCitizen said:
citytill1die84 said:
The cookie monster said:
Correct skas
And just to add the rags were in form when we humiliated them 6-1
6 days after we beat beat them 4-1 west brom twatted them at the swamp,they were all over the show form wise.

I would say the 1-0 away at their shithole last year was also Better than the 4-1 home win

You mean that 2-1 where the rags didn't give a fuck? Don't be fucking stupid the 4-1 against them was 1 of the most 1 sided games I've ever seen and to say rags had a better team when we beat em 1-6 is bull as well they didn't have RVP and they beat probably the worst Arsenal team in prem history due to all the injuries they had.
Be honest, you didn't watch last season's 1-2 to us, the 4-1 to us earlier this season nor the United-Arsenal 8-2 game did you?

1. If they'd beaten us at their place last season i think we could have only won the league by goal difference or by one point from that point on, so a United win would have pretty much meant they won the title against us - yet we went there and dominated them, and you say they didn't give a fuck?
2. the 4-1 was a game where we just took our few chances when they came and then Pellegrini wasn't arsed about hammering them, he was happy with 4-0 so didn't match their tactical changes and they bossed the last 30 minutes. It wasn't a particularly one sided game - watch it back, i have twice since watching it live and it wasn't a domination by us. I think the 1-0 win - Kompany header - was a better example of a domination against United.
3. van Persie did play in the 8-2.

Was at the 2-1 game and the 4-1 game and had the rags won or not they would have still won the league so they wouldn't of been arsed ah we lost but fuck it leagues won. The 4-1 we just took our chances? haha don't make me laugh last 30mins they bossed us haha you're very funny. I said the team the rags beat 8-2 was the worst Arsenal team i've seen so what's your point? forget the RVP part haha read your post again.

Both results were impressive for different reasons. We were the dominant side in this seasons derby from the kick off and we played some excellent football. In the 6-1 we was away from home and up until Mario Balotelli's goal it was even and after that it was a great display of counter attacking football.

I think Pellegrini's showing even more naivety with the comments about tottenham before sundays game. I expect us to win the game anyway but the comments aren't the wisest. He's right, of course, as there's no way spurs or liverpool have a hope of winning the title, but don't imply that right before we play them!

That's the sort of honesty that comes back to bite you in the arse. Let's hope not.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I think Pellegrini's showing even more naivety with the comments about tottenham before sundays game. I expect us to win the game anyway but the comments aren't the wisest. He's right, of course, as there's no way spurs or liverpool have a hope of winning the title, but don't imply that right before we play them!

Skashion said:
The cookie monster said:
You mean scoreline not result :)
I would Also throw the 1-0 home win in there too in the title winning season
A monster of a fucking match which we just had to win.
That win was never in doubt for me. That's why I still backed us to win the title after the Sunderland game. People were throwing wobblers about five points. I never looked at it as five points, it was two points. The thought never even crossed my mind that we wouldn't win that game. I was sure we would.

I was convinced they would equalise with that set piece (cant remember if it was a corner or free kick) in injury time

The Fat el Hombre said:

What's he said mate and where? Hope that shit doesn't come back to bite us on the ass :( Hate it when managers say silly things about other clubs always pumps them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.