Discuss Pellegrini

citykev28 said:
Let's be just a little wacky here and suggest that it's not the manager but the players who have little appetite. We keep going on about players who are legends of Manchester City after 1-2 great seasons. There are to many happy to pass the ball sideways in the hope that someone else will do something and they won't be noticed doing fuck all.

I am glad a far more prominent poster than I suggested this. But it's exactly what I have been thinking since the opening day of last season.

sam-caddick said:
Got a feeling he will be one of those mangers who will take a season to get his ideas across to the players and we start seeing a benefit.

I think we will be a cup team this season rather than a title team.

Can we afford that though? With FFP and all that bollocks we are pretty much dependant on Champs League football to make our club profitable. If we miss out because of a transitional season we will then struggle to be able to afford any additions we need the following season.

hilts said:
Ducado said:
RandomJ said:
A world beater? What are you basing this on considering he's won sweet FA in his career? He seems like a likeable guy but he seems so out of his depth it's really worrying. Hope he turns it round with two big games coming up but it's not looking good.

You see, I don't think you and quite a few other do hope he turns it around, what your hoping for is some vindication that the hurt you felt would be justified when Roberto got the boot, I have read enough on here to draw my own conclusions about what is going on.

And when it does turn around which it will in my opinion you and the rest will be nowhere to be seen, it's exactly the same thing that happened before, we win a few games the outers are nowhere to be seen.

Sure it's fine to air your disappointment, I am not that happy with the last few games, but I know that 4 games in is not the time to be calling for the managers head on a platter

Fair play and if we do well i will be the first to say thank god for that, i was a mancini fan but i want pellegrini to do well, just give me a reason to be optimistic, anybody can say things will improve i just want to know up till this point what you are basing it on, pre season and 4 games is nothing just give me one positive

I can only say what I feel, I am an optimistic person by nature and tend to see the positives even in bad situations, if it does not I will be the first to admit I was wrong, which I don't have a problem with

I saw users painting themselves into corners last season (the outers) and now I am seeing the same thing happening again, too much fixed thinking

BlueAnorak said:
morleyswife said:
de niro said:
you can live on former glories if you like but I say it as it is. we are fucking shite. no direction, no oooph no nowt.

Take your head for a wobble

You are respected as a mod on here. So either stop fucking going or put something constructive up

If you had a rant over 1 performance fair enough. But it's not

You're right. It's not ONE. It's THREE on the bounce.

no criticism of the new manager is allowed apparently ;-)

tow the party line ffs......his impact is obvious and the performances so far are hugely encouraging lol

Blankomania said:
hilts said:
Ducado said:
You see, I don't think you and quite a few other do hope he turns it around, what your hoping for is some vindication that the hurt you felt would be justified when Roberto got the boot, I have read enough on here to draw my own conclusions about what is going on.

And when it does turn around which it will in my opinion you and the rest will be nowhere to be seen, it's exactly the same thing that happened before, we win a few games the outers are nowhere to be seen.

Sure it's fine to air your disappointment, I am not that happy with the last few games, but I know that 4 games in is not the time to be calling for the managers head on a platter

Fair play and if we do well i will be the first to say thank god for that, i was a mancini fan but i want pellegrini to do well, just give me a reason to be optimistic, anybody can say things will improve i just want to know up till this point what you are basing it on, pre season and 4 games is nothing just give me one positive

Newcastle at home.

At the time it was a positive but now it looks more like a win over a dysfunctional team rather than a great performance, one good performance followed by three bad ones doesn't win you anything, our start has been very poor and i don't blame the manager fully, out of all the tiltle contenders and arsenal, spurs and liverpool we have looked the worst side so far, if that doesn't concern you then fair enough

Paulmcfc2703 said:
sam-caddick said:
Got a feeling he will be one of those mangers who will take a season to get his ideas across to the players and we start seeing a benefit.

I think we will be a cup team this season rather than a title team.
So you think we will regress

I think we have gone back to the drawing board and looking at a new style, Mancini got us playing like a very good Serie A side, Pellegrini will make us more Latin American.

I will make a bit of a bold statement here: I think we will be dire in the league but still get top 4, but I can see us doing really well in Europe and in a domestic cup competition.

Either way we have to win a cup, it would be a massive failure going two seasons without a trophy with the quality we behold, even if it's just the League Cup.

blue underpants said:
Ducado said:
blue underpants said:
No they are not, his body language today said as much
The guy might be a nice fella but he is miles out of his depth and will be gone before Christmas
Like I have said before you and others are making snap judgements
Sorry mate but i have never made a snap decision in my life i am too long in the tooth for that, i have watched this team since 1960 and this smacks of and is on a par with the late great Malcolm Allison replacing the even greater Joe Mercer, it stinks and if people think Pellers is anywhere near as good as Mancini they need to have a look at themselves
The people who came on this board and slagged Mancini off thinking the grass would be greener once we got rid of the best manager since Joe should hang their heads in shame, its 4 games in and its like a massive kick in the bollocks on a cold Winters day.....its fuckin painful

Fantastic post mate

There's too many on here who think the sun shines out of Soriano and Bergistrains arse. They will never post on here again if the red eyed lizard fails and I for one will piss myself laughing .

Wretched Vengeance said:
citykev28 said:
Let's be just a little wacky here and suggest that it's not the manager but the players who have little appetite. We keep going on about players who are legends of Manchester City after 1-2 great seasons. There are to many happy to pass the ball sideways in the hope that someone else will do something and they won't be noticed doing fuck all.

I am glad a far more prominent poster than I suggested this. But it's exactly what I have been thinking since the opening day of last season.

Well, let's wait and see first. It's completely possible they'll start playing like a fully motivated and energetic team again soon like they were against Newcastle.

IF they don't though and this continues, I'd seriously also begin to wonder if the problem goes deeper than managers. At Villarreal, at Malaga, and yes at Real Madrid, the most political and ego-filled club in the world, Pellegrini had his players and teams highly motivated and playing good football. If he fails to do that here, in a less ruthless environment than Real Madrid, then you really will have to wonder if the players - well, certain players - are the issue.

There's a baffling fundamental problem at Manchester City where we can only play like a truly elite team once every so often, when the best teams in Europe can play at a high level more consistently. We don't see our high level (like in the Old Trafford derby last season) nearly enough.

BlueAnorak said:
citytill1die84 said:
Must say 1 thing that won't help us is if us fans get on Pellegrinis back. Many of u want him gone after 4 games :( I admit it hasn't been good i've moaned myself during games but I back him and trust him 100%. Get behind him and the team on Sunday against the rags show him and them that we back them.

If he's not good enough, he's not good enough. No amount of "Time" or "getting behind him" will make him better. So far it's not looking good. If we lose the derby next Sunday it will be worse.

All I know is that Mancini never had 2 bad back to back games (that I can remember), let alone 3 so it's looking very much like a downgrade to me though I won't make any decision on him till I've seen him in charge for at least 3 months.

QPR Away
Liverpool Home
Southampton Away

We don't have to pretend that under mancini we were the best team in the universe.

And for the record I think pellegrini should be given more time, I thought Mancini should have been given another season. Hughes should have been given till the end of the season, Sven should never have been sacked. So screw the sven outers ;).

flb said:
blue underpants said:
Ducado said:
Like I have said before you and others are making snap judgements
Sorry mate but i have never made a snap decision in my life i am too long in the tooth for that, i have watched this team since 1960 and this smacks of and is on a par with the late great Malcolm Allison replacing the even greater Joe Mercer, it stinks and if people think Pellers is anywhere near as good as Mancini they need to have a look at themselves
The people who came on this board and slagged Mancini off thinking the grass would be greener once we got rid of the best manager since Joe should hang their heads in shame, its 4 games in and its like a massive kick in the bollocks on a cold Winters day.....its fuckin painful

Fantastic post mate

There's too many on here who think the sun shines out of Soriano and Bergistrains arse. They will never post on here again if the red eyed lizard fails and I for one will piss myself laughing .

I don't have a problem, if I am wrong I am wrong my life does not depend on it, my ego is healthy enough to be able to admit it, you just sound like you want him to fail so you can piss yourself laughing, to be honest if I ever got that bitter I would just throw my season card away and forget all about football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.