Discuss Pellegrini

strongbowholic said:
All you ITK'ers: any truth in the the tittle-tattle that Pellers under estimated the job in hand and fancies a quick return to Spain?
Wouldn't be the first time.

_48713708_coppellatmancity.jpg

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It can't be a coincidence we share an identical record with United and Chelsea, currently, both who have also changed the manager?.

But when you consider all things rather than just the points tally, the point you make isn't a good one.

The respective teams played by us, the rags and Chelsea vary in quality. On paper at least.

When the fixtures came out we were delighted with our start and it was fairly unanimous that the rags had a tough start. Chelsea somewhere in between.

After playing Newcastle, Cardiff, Hull and Stoke we should not be level with the rags on 7pts. It was a great chance for us to get 10/12pts on the board and establish on early lead on at least one of our rivals going into the derby.

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
strongbowholic said:
All you ITK'ers: any truth in the the tittle-tattle that Pellers under estimated the job in hand and fancies a quick return to Spain?

where has that come from???????????????????????

I would suggest the over active imagination of a pissed up Blue dreaming of a quick return for Mancini.

billy - drop the obsession just like you say others should (and rightly so)

Mike N said:
strongbowholic said:

What a bizarre question. Why the hell would he have under estimated the job?

Good God.

Must have been convinced his pioneering, experimental formation would sweep the league aside, never having come up against a 4-4-2 before.

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
strongbowholic said:

I would suggest the over active imagination of a pissed up Blue dreaming of a quick return for Mancini.
Quite possibly. Came from my old fella who plays golf with people who have provided often accurate "gossip" previously. This is the latest nugget they have given.

If it is utter bunk, then fair do's; just asking if any of our so called ITK-ers can shed any light as I would be amazed if true.

simon23 said:
BillyShears said:
simon23 said:

No idea what you're talking about. You asked where a fucking idiotic rumour like that came from. I told you, and I suspect I'm bang on the money. The only people who are obsessed are the sad fuckers who troll around after me acting like I personally sacked Mancini.

bluetim said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It can't be a coincidence we share an identical record with United and Chelsea, currently, both who have also changed the manager?.

But when you consider all things rather than just the points tally, the point you make isn't a good one.

The respective teams played by us, the rags and Chelsea vary in quality. On paper at least.

When the fixtures came out we were delighted with our start and it was fairly unanimous that the rags had a tough start. Chelsea somewhere in between.

After playing Newcastle, Cardiff, Hull and Stoke we should not be level with the rags on 7pts. It was a great chance for us to get 10/12pts on the board and establish on early lead on at least one of our rivals going into the derby.
Chelsea just lost at Everton with their first choice team out

On Friday Jamie Jackson in the Guardian described City as in the middle of a defensive injury crisis. In the circumstances we should be glad to have taken 4 points from 6. We've got out of jail. Perhaps we've ridden our luck, but that's part of football.

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
BillyShears said:

No idea what you're talking about. You asked where a fucking idiotic rumour like that came from. I told you, and I suspect I'm bang on the money. The only people who are obsessed are the sad fuckers who troll around after me acting like I personally sacked Mancini.

Hi Billy.xxx

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:
No, no, no. We simply ned to revert back to how we played last season and the season before defensively. System all the players were comfortable with, knew inside and out and paid dividends. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

It doesn't work like that though. Fundamentally it was broke because we won nothing last season and got made to look like fucking school children in the CL. To implement a new system, one which is more intensive on all the players, will take a little time. But once it's there we'll be better for it.

The best analogy I can draw is the transition Arsenal went through when Wenger came in. Some of their supporters derided his appointment in the same way some of ours are deriding Pellegrini's appointment.

Fair point about Wenger think his first season he finished mid-table would that be acceptable

Marvin said:
Chelsea just lost at Everton with their first choice team out

On Friday Jamie Jackson in the Guardian described City as in the middle of a defensive injury crisis. In the circumstances we should be glad to have taken 4 points from 6. We've got out of jail. Perhaps we've ridden our luck, but that's part of football.

I'll keep banging the same drum ... but the league is much more competitive than it was last season from the bottom up. There are going to be no easy games, not just for us, but for everyone. Anyone who collects 80 points + will be the champions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.