Discuss Pellegrini

Anyone who thinks a team can start playing a new way in an instant are seriously lacking any working brain cells...

Played 4, had 3 clean sheets even with a dodgy CB pairing, scored more goals than any other team and guess what we are still not in top gear yet.

Give the lads a chance and give your support not your criticism.

Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Well said, mate.
You think that abrasive piece of shit was a good post? No wonder this site is becoming so divided.
Abrasive? Not sure if that's the right adjective His post wasn't aimed at a particular poster which I think is the main catalyst for division on the board.

The key words within his post were "four" and "games" btw.

de niro said:
I think the snag is the 4 teams we've played and the "improvements" we've made in both the playing staff and the management.

so far it doesn't bode well.
Agree, and I don't see why it shouldn't be discussed either. Not all of us showing concern had a "mancrush" with mancini. His time was up, it wasn't handled great, but it was definitely up.

Preston Blue1970 said:
Anyone who thinks a team can start playing a new way in an instant are seriously lacking any working brain cells...

Played 4, had 3 clean sheets even with a dodgy CB pairing, scored more goals than any other team and guess what we are still not in top gear yet.

Think the problem is, when Bob took over from Hughes we saw something different.

hilts said:
Ducado said:
Right lets get this straight

There are quite a few on here tonight who think we should get rid of Pellegrini?

I think it's rather harsh after 4 games, but you are entitled to your opinions, so he walks, what then? Who is going to take his place?

I think a fairer assessment of the situation would be that we have lost our captain and have had a few more injuries.

I am sure Pellegrini will be a pragmatist and will know when things are working or not working and will make adjustments to suit

I will go back to the point that time is needed and that many a title winning team has had a very poor start (the rags were famous for it) and some teams have had excellent starts but have run out of gas by November

So to clarify are you saying if kompany was out for a season and a couple more were injured we should expect shit performances, do we have a squad or not? how many games did vidic play last year, is camel gob a permanent fixture? looking at the hull and cardiff games what adjustments has pellegrini made?
People say we have a great squad but I don't think so. We don't have adequate cover for Kompany, Silva and Yaya. Without Kompany the defence looks shaky and the team leaderless and dissolute. Silva's creativity was sadly lacking yesterday. Yaya was committed to our defence rather than marauding into Stoke's defence, part of the no-Kompany problem.

What I didn't understand was why didn't Yaya take that free-kick and why isn't Navas being used to do what he was bought for?

I'm hoping that the players were being protected for Tuesday's CL game and the derby on Sunday and Pellegrini was prepared to put out a makeshift team to at least not lose at Stoke.

The next two games are crucial for City's season and Pellegrini's future. That's all that really matters now. The embarrassing performance at Stoke is in the past and can't be changed. Mancini has gone and is not coming back and anyone still bleating on about it needs to take a good look at themself.

Preston Blue1970 said:

100% correct.

It's almost as if the last 30 years never happened.

Oh and I've just remembered that some of our 'fans' (back of North Stand lower) were booing at half time against Hull! Embarrassing idiots. You know who you are.

blueinsa said:
Skashion said:
Well said, mate.
You think that abrasive piece of shit was a good post? No wonder this site is becoming so divided.

Skash, you are right, it was a shit post but the sentiment remains.

Many on here need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Can you explain to me why we left Navas, Aguero, Fernandinho and Lescott on the bench yesterday ? And where was Dzeko- you know that striker he's lauded all pre season as being integral to the team ?

He seems to be doing a good job of destroying players confidence of late- Navas has either been pulled off or found himself on the bench apart from the Newcastle opener. A player who thrives on minuites on the pitch and needs to play to settle is collecting splinters .

If your happy then bully for you, he seems to be heading down shit street and its of his own making.

Preston Blue1970 said:

We all support the team i agree that there is far far too much slagging off of the players which i despair but we are allowed to critique the players / performances to date.

Unfortunately for these players and managers they are paid shitloads of cash and instant results are expected not just from the fans but also the owners and everybody else involved in the club.

There is litttle time to bed in the EPL is as competative as it ever has been but what i have seen to date is fuck all to do with systems but everythng to do with pride, passion, energy and workrate all of which are sadly lacking.

Thr stats you quote appear to be fine and had they been achieved against say two if the top 6 teams them i would 100% agree but they aint and in truth we looke sjaky in all of those games more so than i have ever seen us in the last 3 years.

If our CL status looks to be in doubt i think Pellars willl be bulleted no doubt and i think every City fam would also accept and understand that. The team does not have much more time to work out how to play under Pellars so they better get their fucking finger out or Pellars change it to reflect the players we have.

All in all something WILL change just not sure what yet.

Skashion said:
Well said, mate.
The irony of that post is

Blueinsa was told to get behind the manager and team last season by all us inners
As he was one of the main outers who talked shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.