Discuss Pellegrini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I just think we were too open the other night, although given Injuries I'm not sure what we could have done too differently, we had some good chances early on.

We had 25 shots. On another night we would be three up before half time, on that occasion we never tested their keeper in the first half, we were poor, but there was still hardly anything between us.

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You're all getting sucked into the Jose sideshow. It's getting as overblown in fans/media minds as Ferguson's "mindgames".

All we need to do is go out and win football matches. That's all. If we do that we win the league and that's that. It's blindingly obvious he's intelligent and mature enough not to make a fool of himself by worrying about anything Mourinho says, and just laughs at it. I am sure Pellegrini wants to put one over on him , but I'm equally sure he knows that the only way to do it is to carry on making this team fulful it's potential and acheive its wider goals.

The FA Cup match doesn't matter that much. What matters much more is that we win the league, and maybe even beat Barcelona.

Winning the league is the most important goal; anything else is a bonus. The League Cup is a bonus that we should be able to pocket but not one that we can take for granted.

Totally agree. And I still think we will. It's not three months since the narrative on Mourinho on here was "he's lost it". Now the narrative is that he's some kind of deity. It's a lack of perspective on how good our own manager is, a lack of perspective on how good our squad is and a lack of perspective on how good our owners are. Mourinho bloodied the nose of Guardiola a time or two, but lost the the war against him because he is more level-headed and put together a better squad.

If two managers can make their squad fulfill and exceed its potential, then the best squad wins more matches and more trophies in the long run.

Some of us got a lot of stick for wanting Mourinho instead of Mancini (and indeed ahead of Manuel).

Didsbury Dave said:
You're all getting sucked into the Jose sideshow. It's getting as overblown in fans/media minds as Ferguson's "mindgames".

All we need to do is go out and win football matches. That's all. If we do that we win the league and that's that. It's blindingly obvious he's intelligent and mature enough not to make a fool of himself by worrying about anything Mourinho says, and just laughs at it. I am sure Pellegrini wants to put one over on him , but I'm equally sure he knows that the only way to do it is to carry on making this team fulful it's potential and acheive its wider goals.

The FA Cup match doesn't matter that much. What matters much more is that we win the league, and maybe even beat Barcelona.

Agree with most of that but the FA Cup game is really important for me. The team needs to think it's the best and they've done us twice now. We'll stand a much better chance of going on to win the league if the team know they've beat them.

Mourinho is really playing mind games now with pellegrini
We are the outsiders our objective is top 4 even better top 3 so we can get automatic qualification,pellegrini already had a ready made side when he arrived

Looks like our pellers has bitten back after the journo was pushing him

"Chelsea have spent more than us this year and for the last 10 years"

All MOurinho wants with his mind games are reactions. Pellegrini must not talk about it, not even think about it.

Just seen Maureens interview on Sky pre the weekend games.

What an utter **** he is. Sorry it is just mind games nothing more. We have spent fuck all this window,he has spent 40 plus million...
He is a ****....

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

What an utter **** he is. Sorry it is just mind games nothing more. We have spent fuck all this window,he has spent 40 plus million...
He is a ****....
The twat has outspent us overall since he's been back both windows
He just basically keeps saying they have fucks chance of winning the title as they are a million miles behind us,can you imagine what the c unt would be like if he actually did do us for the title...

For me this season could be a defining year in English football. If Pellegrini wins trophies then they way in which he has transformed the club in a single season will be looked on by all inside and outside the club as a huge statement of what City can become. This season has seen a significant step in off the field investment - our new academy is soon to open, the stadium expansion is recommended for approval by planning officers at the city council and the penny is starting to drop for those in the wider realm. If we can win the league and a cup this season then it will be a historic year for us both on and off the pitch. The level of publicity will be monumental and Pellegrini will stop being down played in terms of his managerial ability based on his lack of trophies in Europe. As a City fan I obviously want us to win every single game we play in - but I know that is not realistic at this moment in time. The global appeal of football is bigger than ever, the game is in transition with quite radical rule changes being talked about both short and long term. The use of technology, the use of "home grown" players, the restrictions financially. These all influence how sides are to be managed moving forward.

As we are right now we could go ahead and win four trophies. In line with our off the field growth I think it would be huge strides for us to beat Barcelona (even if we went out at the next round, the scalp would be historic), win the league cup, and win the league. I am not worried about Mourinho, his mind games were once hugely influential but the Premiership has moved on from when he was last here (and sacked). Money is available to several sides, there is not one side that has the full package of winning lots of trophies the past few years, a manager there for a number of years and a settled playing squad. He is trying to tell the football world that City are a level above Chelsea and talking about how we have spent money where he hasn't - or at least they haven't in the same way we have... No one is taking it seriously. As Pellegrini said they have spent more than us over the last decade and we have been in more of a transition than they have when you look at the fact Mourinho knows the league and has experience managing in it, Mourinho knows several of the players, Mourinho knows the Chairmen there.

I don't think it really matters though, what Mourinho says. Pellegrini rightly just clarified how stupid his comments were and got on with things. He wasn't drawn into the pointless debate. We all know that the side Chelsea have is as settled as ours, they have had an established keeper and centre back pairing, we have had about 7 different iterations in those positions, they have had very little in the way of injury, we have had more than our fair share. Should we win the league having had only 12 months with a manager and having the injuries and new faces we have had this season then it will be a fantastic achievement. Fernandinho, Negredo and now Jovetic are showing why they were signed, Navas too. Nasri has been excellent, so has Sergio. Hart has been dropped then restored looking much improved. It hasn't been easy at the best of times. We have rotated players but still kept up the level of results.

As I said earlier, being realistic and reflecting the position we are in, I want us to beat Barca, win the league cup and win the league. Anything more is a bonus but in terms of how we are regarded both domestically and globally those three achievements would take us into the elite of European football.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

He is a ****....

I don't know why people can't take this in. 'Mind games' are a myth in the imagination of fans. What mourinho is doing is simple: trying to take the pressure off himself, Internally and externally, so that if he doesn't win the league he isn't perceived as a failure. Simple expectation management.

And there may well be a part of it piling pressure on abramovich to spend. If he keeps saying to all and sundry he needs more players to compete, then the owner gets the blame for failure if he doesn't splash the cash, and Jose gets a pass again.

Stop fretting about it. He's doing it because he knows we are better and could destroy his reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.