Discuss Pellegrini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
He just basically keeps saying they have fucks chance of winning the title as they are a million miles behind us,can you imagine what the c unt would be like if he actually did do us for the title...
Without wanting to discuss our previous manager again, but its exactly what he did with united with 10 games to go.

Perhaps JM is just copying RM ??

It worked for RM :) (the difference is though, our goal difference advantage won't be pulled back by anyone imho).

Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just seen Maureens interview on Sky pre the weekend games.

What an utter **** he is. Sorry it is just mind games nothing more. We have spent fuck all this window,he has spent 40 plus million...
He is a ****....

I don't know why people can't take this in. 'Mind games' are a myth in the imagination of fans. What mourinho is doing is simple: trying to take the pressure off himself, Internally and externally, so that if he doesn't win the league he isn't perceived as a failure. Simple expectation management.

And there may well be a part of it piling pressure on abramovich to spend. If he keeps saying to all and sundry he needs more players to compete, then the owner gets the blame for failure if he doesn't splash the cash, and Jose gets a pass again.

Stop fretting about it. He's doing it because he knows we are better and could destroy his reputation.

I think we are all aware of that tbh dave,he's just a c unt for keep doing it week in week out.

Another thing Mourinho said was if Chelsea win the league it's down to the other teams not taking the advantage they had

Chris in London said:
Not a single post that I have read has said Mourinho doesn't know what he is doing. Not a single post I have read has said Chelsea are a poor team. Not a single post I have read has said dull football cannot be effective. Not a single post I have read suggests that Chelsea did not deserve to win on Monday.

If you think that they were not lucky to play us when we were without 3 of our first choice starting XI and another was some way short of 100% match fitness, good for you. If you think that it was not lucky for them that we missed a number of chances we normally bury without thinking about it, good for you. If you want to swallow the narrative that Mourinho completely outfoxed Pellegrini, good for you. But unless you think that us missing chances and having a shedload of injuries had no effect on the game whatsoever, you might want to reflect on the fact that a lot of things over which Mourinho had no control whatsoever fell into place for him.

If you want to regard that not as being good fortune on his part but just another part of the Mourinho master plan, good for you too. You will find plenty in the media who agree with you.

Can I just say. Good for you Chris posting that. It seems the genius of Mourinho has really got some of our own running scared.

I happen to think Pellegrini is going to shit all over Mourinho when it comes to trophies in the next few years. Who knows maybe I'll be right. Maybe I'll be wrong. But either way I'm not scared of the battle and I'm certainly not cowering behind my sofa like one or two because I'm so in awe of Mourinho's genius. He's a very good manager. But so is ours.

waspish said:
Another thing Mourinho said was if Chelsea win the league it's down to the other teams not taking the advantage they had
He'll probably be right too. Though injuries will be to blame for us, because our strongest 11 is the best, the back ups aren't, and even they are now picking up knocks, leaving our third in lines to play, and they certainly aren't good enough if used in bulk.

This Mourinho Mind Games thing is an interesting narrative. And obviously I mean interesting in the same way that watching somebody get confused by a Push/Pull sign on a door is interesting.

Mourinho starts playing the next game as soon as the first one ends. So does every other manager including Pellegrini.

Mourinho seems to think that the best way to motivate his team is to have them all hanging onto his every word at press conferences. This is absolutely fine but as he has shown in the past it has a shelf life and doesn't work with strong willed players. If he came into our dressing room, Kompany and the like would laugh him out just as they did Mancini.

Pellegrini seems to think that the best way to motivate his team is by concentrating on playing aggressively attacking football and removing themselves from the circus sideshow.

Neither of these are some mystical force of mind games, it is professional people doing their job. It has been said when Mourinho was at RM however, that he's somewhat a one trick pony in this regard

Damocles said:
This Mourinho Mind Games thing is an interesting narrative. And obviously I mean interesting in the same way that watching somebody get confused by a Push/Pull sign on a door is interesting.

Mourinho starts playing the next game as soon as the first one ends. So does every other manager including Pellegrini.

Mourinho seems to think that the best way to motivate his team is to have them all hanging onto his every word at press conferences. This is absolutely fine but as he has shown in the past it has a shelf life and doesn't work with strong willed players. If he came into our dressing room, Kompany and the like would laugh him out just as they did Mancini.

Pellegrini seems to think that the best way to motivate his team is by concentrating on playing aggressively attacking football and removing themselves from the circus sideshow.

Neither of these are some mystical force of mind games, it is professional people doing their job. It has been said when Mourinho was at RM however, that he's somewhat a one trick pony in this regard

Exactly. Which is why all this 'he is a ****' stuff is just daft . It's pantomime, nothing else. And our fans singing about him the other night were just the mugs in the audience booing and shouting 'he's behind you!' from the cheap seats. Some of our press are part of the production: I was told they were fawning over him like lovesick schoolboys on Monday night.

He does it his way and enjoys making himself the centre of attention. And he's fucking brilliant at that. It's not the first time he has dominated this thread since it started a year ago, too ;-)

People need to see him for what he is. A good manager with a showman's style about him. A Brian clough of the modern era. But clough burnt himself out pretty quickly whilst the likes of bob paisley quietly took all the trophies. The good news is we have a clever, mature, classy manager who won't demean the club by getting sucked into it. He will send his teams out to do the talking..

I used to love all Mourinho's bullshit when he was up against united for the title now he's up against us, I have to admit, he's getting right on my tits.

BillyShears said:
Chris in London said:
Not a single post that I have read has said Mourinho doesn't know what he is doing. Not a single post I have read has said Chelsea are a poor team. Not a single post I have read has said dull football cannot be effective. Not a single post I have read suggests that Chelsea did not deserve to win on Monday.

If you think that they were not lucky to play us when we were without 3 of our first choice starting XI and another was some way short of 100% match fitness, good for you. If you think that it was not lucky for them that we missed a number of chances we normally bury without thinking about it, good for you. If you want to swallow the narrative that Mourinho completely outfoxed Pellegrini, good for you. But unless you think that us missing chances and having a shedload of injuries had no effect on the game whatsoever, you might want to reflect on the fact that a lot of things over which Mourinho had no control whatsoever fell into place for him.

If you want to regard that not as being good fortune on his part but just another part of the Mourinho master plan, good for you too. You will find plenty in the media who agree with you.

Can I just say. Good for you Chris posting that. It seems the genius of Mourinho has really got some of our own running scared.

I happen to think Pellegrini is going to shit all over Mourinho when it comes to trophies in the next few years. Who knows maybe I'll be right. Maybe I'll be wrong. But either way I'm not scared of the battle and I'm certainly not cowering behind my sofa like one or two because I'm so in awe of Mourinho's genius. He's a very good manager. But so is ours.

TBH before the match on Monday I thought if I had to chose between winning against Chelsea in the league or FA Cup I would take the cup as we can makew up lost ground. When I saw Fernadinho was out and Demi was playing I feared the worse!

I really hope we blow them away in the FA Cup and go on and win the league! Com'on City!!<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:26 pm --<br /><br />
Lancet Fluke said:
I used to love all Mourinho's bullshit when he was up against united for the title now he's up against us, I have to admit, he's getting right on my tits.

This x 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.