Discuss Pellegrini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes some doing to outdo Mancini in the "what kind of a sub was that" stakes but I reckon Pellegrini may have what it takes.

thenabster said:
This is rant. I don't want to over analysis stuff but MP just seem to not have a killer winning mentality. Look how a week of mind gmaes have derailed us from an almost unassailable lead to now fighting for 2nd 3rd place. If people start clamouring for him to be sacked others will say it's just one season. Mourinho is winning in one season.

I'm just fucken pissed.

It has bugger all to do with mind games. It's a combination of bad luck, some players who are slightly off it and arguably our three best players being injured.

If you took Hazard, Oscar and Terry out of Chelsea's team it would hurt them in a similar way. We could cope with injuries to one of Nasri, Ferna or Aguero but you are asking a lot for all three to be injured and it not affect us. We are not out of it but getting those three back ASAP is crucial to our chances.

As for unassailable lead, it was one point ffs.

City have 1 more point than at this stage last season , the no points after 80 minutes stat is telling ,its very important to finish a game strong last 30 minutes ,but pel seems to like to start strong and peter out

Re: Our inability to 'Smash and Grab'..

Kevindxb said:
Mattyc55 said:
Points earned after the 80th minute this season:
11 POINTS: Everton
5 POINTS: Chelsea
4 POINTS: Crystal Palace, Fulham, Southampton, Stoke, Tottenham, West Brom
3 POINTS: Cardiff, Sunderland
2 POINTS: Arsenal, Newcastle, Norwich
0 POINTS: Aston Villa, Hull, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Swansea City, West Ham

I know stats can be misleading at times, with us scoring so many goals most of the time were out of sight at the 80 minute mark.. but in the 8 games we haven't won.. they've all been extremely tight affairs as we havent lost a game by more than one goal except for Bayern at home all season. I never felt in that last ten minutes that we were going to grab a late, precious winner... and those are the type of wins that get you a title. Watford at home in the FA Cup aside, we've not done it once. I recall a few massive ones under Mancini - Balo's pen at home to Spurs, QPR obviously, West Brom away with 10 men etc..

Pellegrini plays the game in a great way, but it seems there is a running of trend of an inability to grind out the games that are a bit tighter.

Spot on! Watch all winners, they always have a say in the last 10. Very good point. Pelle is good at setting the game, not changing it.

An example of a winner: Ferguson would have had all four strikers on the pitch in that last ten minutes today, whereas Pellegrini chose to abandon his stubborn approach to 4-4-2 by taking a striker off when we needed one most! Those late winners against shite must have won him a fair few titles...

Here is the comparison for United gaining points after 80 mins this season to last season:

2013/14 (so far): 0 POINTS
2012/13: 11 POINTS

Over the course of a season, those late scruffy winners are so, so important in order to win the league. We haven't had one, not even a late equaliser.

jaigurugoat said:
thenabster said:
This is rant. I don't want to over analysis stuff but MP just seem to not have a killer winning mentality. Look how a week of mind gmaes have derailed us from an almost unassailable lead to now fighting for 2nd 3rd place. If people start clamouring for him to be sacked others will say it's just one season. Mourinho is winning in one season.

I'm just fucken pissed.

It has bugger all to do with mind games. It's a combination of bad luck, some players who are slightly off it and arguably our three best players being injured.

If you took Hazard, Oscar and Terry out of Chelsea's team it would hurt them in a similar way. We could cope with injuries to one of Nasri, Ferna or Aguero but you are asking a lot for all three to be injured and it not affect us. We are not out of it but getting those three back ASAP is crucial to our chances.

As for unassailable lead, it was one point ffs.
In fairness he did say almost unassailable. Unassailable must be two points.

thenabster said:

I'm just fucken pissed.

And who was it that gave us that "unassailable lead" which i take to mean the 20 game unbeaten run? 1 loss and 1 draw and suddenly Pellegrini is questioned and should be sacked. Laughable.

I can see us playing in safe mode in next couple weeks. I think manager told players to save themselves from injury that's why we not play high tempo attacking football as usual and that's why he sub Negredo. He is manager but I don't think it is correct plan.

I predict next game will be another safe mode, only hope it works out.

A few years ago Chelsea under Carlo were blowing everyone away until Xmas. Then they fell apart. Carlo won nowt and got his p45. Scoring 7 against Norwich was rendered meaningless today. A couple of 1nils is far better. We are the great entertainers. But Pellegrini looks a bit one dimensional to me.Hope he proves me wrong.

Wonder what was that speech about after the Chelsea match. But hope he had another today that will have a very different reaction from the players on Wednesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.