Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
Why would we be adrift at Christmas next season when we're still in the race with 5/6 games to go this season ? Total logic fail there once again from you Rob. Think you need to go for a long walk because you've been systematically at the manager's throat since our first defeat of the season back in September. It's a bit tragic when the guy's already won a trophy and has made such a marked and stark improvement on last season.

There's a bigger picture happening at City also which you're completely missing. The current squad is one which the previous two managers built. Pellegrini will be given the same time and space which Mancini and before him Hughes got. There'll be no knee jerking because Liverpool won yesterday or if we don't win the title. The expectation will be greater next season but nobody involved at the club will be lamenting Pellegrini's appointment. He's exactly what everyone from Sheikh Mansour downwards wanted for City last summer because he is not only stabilising but improving a team that was at the end of last season ready to be broken up because of the amount of dissatisfaction amongst the playing staff.

Improving? Debateable. Both you and I reckoned we should have won last year. We have added players , got rid of a divisive manager. Ergo we should be champions this year. Our performances against our main rivals have been naive.

Point two. You are probably right. But in my defence I want titles now rather than at some point in the future when the whole holistic thing comes together.

its not even debateable. in real terms we've gone backwards. our strong point, the defence, is now a calamity waiting to happen. every game.
but we are all getting on fine now, we can all watch other teams picking up trophies in a venue somewhere whilst patting each other on the back on what a great and friendly season its been.

nothing is better than being happy.
It is debatable. It's obviously hard to compare season to season, but we could still finish the league with fewer goals conceded than last year (it would mean conceding only 2 goals in the next 6 games though). When you combine that with 20 more goals at the other end, I think that's progress. If you're comparing it to our title-winning season, then obviously the defence has gone backwards, but you only need to look at the more attacking play and the insane amounts of injuries we've had at the back (I think we had a different centre back pairing every game for the first 10 games) to see the reasons why. If we win our games in hand, we'll be 1 point off the leaders. Last season we finished 11 points off a very poor rag side. Add to that our performance in the cups and the resulting fixture congestion, and I'd say that's progress, certainly from last season, although arguably not to the level of our title-winning season yet. The defence has been a calamity waiting to happen long before Pellegrini came. The team might've been a bit more defensive under Mancini and therefore looked solid at the back, but they still always had a howler in them.

I've said all along that Pellegrini has done nothing in his career to justify such a job; he's a Keegan-esque moron who'll never win anything significant.

But the bigger issue is Ferran Soriano, and his attempt to colonise the club; Since he officially came to power in the summer of 2012, the club has regressed significantly, both morally, and in a sporting sense. It's since become obvious that last season's failure in the league was in a large part down to the Spaniard undermining Mancini and approaching various managers during the season, while encouraging a player mutiny.

It's looking increasingly likely that the club with be finishing the season with only the Capital One Cup; there was no real progress in the Champions League, as had Mancini's City been drawn in such a group, they'd almost certainly progressed. The Premier League was there for the taking this year, and had Mancini been allowed to continue his work, I think we'd be at least 10 points better off.

And here's to you Vincent Kompany, apparently one of the players threatening to leave the club had Mancini stayed on; it's become more and more apparent that it was Mancini's system that created the illusion that he is genuinely world class. Be careful what you with for......

Bluep*ss said:
Here is a very good analysis on yesterdays match - tactics used etc....
There’s an interesting analysis from zonalmarking:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/</a>

It seems very astute to me. Too harsh on Vince? Discuss.

Thought it was a reasonable analysis overall. The midfield being overrun has been a consistent theme and as much as we moan about ref's and getting squat at Anfield well we know that at before we go into the match so best thing to do is not give them a 2 goal head start. Which goes back to keeping it tight for 20 mins or so and taking the sting out of the opposition.

Cox is not a fan of Kompany so that gives his comments some context but he makes some fair points.

The Dzeko sub was the killer moment for me. That and not having Jovetic on the bench as an option.

Anyway its done now but christ on a bike Pellers does irritate me at times with his decision making and set ups.

A... said:
I've said all along that Pellegrini has done nothing in his career to justify such a job; he's a Keegan-esque moron who'll never win anything significant.

But the bigger issue is Ferran Soriano, and his attempt to colonise the club; Since he officially came to power in the summer of 2012, the club has regressed significantly, both morally, and in a sporting sense. It's since become obvious that last season's failure in the league was in a large part down to the Spaniard undermining Mancini and approaching various managers during the season, while encouraging a player mutiny.

It's looking increasingly likely that the club with be finishing the season with only the Capital One Cup; there was no real progress in the Champions League, as had Mancini's City been drawn in such a group, they'd almost certainly progressed. The Premier League was there for the taking this year, and had Mancini been allowed to continue his work, I think we'd be at least 10 points better off.

And here's to you Vincent Kompany, apparently one of the players threatening to leave the club had Mancini stayed on; it's become more and more apparent that it was Mancini's system that created the illusion that he is genuinely world class. Be careful what you with for......
And now you've got all that off your chest you can go and have a wank in front of your full size Mancini cardboard cut-out.

A... said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours is so monumentally stupid and inaccurate that it's physically painful for me to read it. I will give you some credit though, it takes real skill and panache to be so fundamentally wrong about every single subject you've tried to cover in this post, a real eye for detail and a touch of genius if you ask me.

A... said:

Eh A?

A... said:

Made my day this - enjoy your Bobby worshipping - just as much wumming as the famous Mod "De Niro"

Bluep*ss said:
Here is a very good analysis on yesterdays match - tactics used etc....
There’s an interesting analysis from zonalmarking:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/</a>

It seems very astute to me. Too harsh on Vince? Discuss.
On the one hand, I'm pleased that the article backs up what I've said all along, ie the problem wasn't in personnel selection or lack of effort but in the manner in which we set up which was ceded the central midfield to Liverpool. On the other hand, I'm not extraordinarily pleased that this was either unanticipated (unacceptable) or dismissed as a danger (criminally unacceptable.) I disagree with the article that it was simply determination in the second half that lifted us. It was avoiding Liverpool being able to overload us in the center of the pitch.

+
- Composed, mature
- Experienced
- Gets along well with players and club employees

-
- Never won anything significant (in Europe)
- Still seems unsure about his best 11, sometimes gets his tactics wrong
- Lack charisma, I have said earlier, I can not imagine him doing 'Any Given Sunday' speech, unlike Mourinho, Rodgers...

But the real questions are:

- Is he the one managing/selecting the players, running the club, etc. In City's hierarchy, who does what? Esp. Ferran, who self admittedly likes micromanagement.
- Given his age, he is not a long term solution. So he does not have too much time at his hands, and immediate results are expected, for those consoling themselves with 'it's only his first season with City'. If he fails, who will be his replacement (Klopp, Simeone, Conte...)

Yesterday's loss was not his mistake. Team selection and formation were not the best (although in 2nd half they were excellent), but it was not his job to teach Kompany basic footballing skills like how to kick the ball and mark his man.

Matty said:
A... said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours is so monumentally stupid and inaccurate that it's physically painful for me to read it. I will give you some credit though, it takes real skill and panache to be so fundamentally wrong about every single subject you've tried to cover in this post, a real eye for detail and a touch of genius if you ask me.
Trolling. Has to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.