Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
rastus said:
Fame Monster said:
Mancini was shite, and was rightly sacked, and was a **** as well.

Pellegrini is marginally better, but still not good enough to be manager.

Funny that, won the PL and something else though..

And won nothing last year with the best squad in the league. I'll say it again: he was a **** and rightly got sacked. He was sacked at his previous job, and guess what, he'll be sacked again.

No one can predict with any clarity whether Pellegrini will succeed or fail at City.

Fame Monster said:
rastus said:
Fame Monster said:

And won nothing last year with the best squad in the league. I'll say it again: he was a **** and rightly got sacked. He was sacked at his previous job, and guess what, he'll be sacked again.

It has been recently revealed that Mancini was being undermined by the new regime. They were talking to Ancelotti and others while Mancini was getting on with his job.

I for one do not trust Txiki and Sorionao and these guys. I don't trust them.

Fame Monster said:
rastus said:
Fame Monster said:

But weve improved our squad and might finish 3rd OMG ;)

jus moochin said:
Ray78 said:
No one can predict with any clarity whether Pellegrini will succeed or fail at City.
Bollocks...unfortunately he's a nice football playing loser.
We haven't played nice football since Chelsea beat us 1-0.

It's boring as fuck. A team of De Jong's could pass the ball side to side.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:55 pm --<br /><br />
gungho-tactics said:
Fame Monster said:
rastus said:

It has been recently revealed that Mancini was being undermined by the new regime. They were talking to Ancelotti and others while Mancini was getting on with his job.

Fucking hell. Wish we had gotten Ancelotti.

The team didn't look especially lazy or unmotivated to me, they just looked clueless. In fact MIlner (who's come in for a lot of criticism) appeared to be trying his heart out. He just made a ton of errors. If anything, he seemed to be trying too hard - why try the fancy stuff when there's an easy pass on? Almost looked like he was trying to do too much on his own.

We weren't getting nearly as many overlapping runs from the fullbacks as usual, so we just seemed to wander about in the middle, not looking dangerous at all, until someone made a bad pass, or there was a miscommunication and we lost the ball. And when Sunderland had the ball, we seemed to retreat to the edge of our box and put zero pressure on their midfield.

There's obviously a lot of off the ball stuff you can't see on the TV 6,000 miles away, but it did appear that Pellegrini made a mistake by only having 4 midfield players, especially as Milner seemed to be staying out wide and Nasri seemed to disappear for long periods. Although I was looking forward to a return to 4-4-2 and was happy to see the Aguero/Negredo partnership given another chance, that was before I knew Silva would be missing. With him and Yaya both out, and Nasri not having nearly as much influence recently as he did earlier in the season, it should have been clear that we might be a bit light in the middle. However, I've thought the same thing several times before and we've gone out and tonked some unsuspecting team by 5 or 6 goals, so I'm happy to acknowledge it wasn't an unreasonable thing to do. But from about the 5th minute on, it was clear that it wasn't going to work that way in this match, and Pellegrini should have made some changes a lot sooner to sort it out.

Parts of this season have been brilliant, and I'm certainly not in the "Pellegrini Out!" camp, but he's yet to convince me he really knows what he's doing.

Although tonight is disappointing, how about a bit of perspective. There can only be one winning manager per season in the league & we have no divine right to win it EVER regardless of money spent.

Having witnessed Bond, Benson, McNeill, Frizzell, Machin, Kendall, Reid, Horton, Ball, Coppell, Neal, Royle, Keegan, Pearce, Sven, Hughes & Mancini, I'm pretty happy with Pellegrini.

Keep the faith.

Far too many knee jerk emotional comments on here tonight with it looking unlikely we win anything else this year. If we had a bit of luck which is required to win leagues/cups, we could have been looking at a double/treble/quadruple, so for me he ain't done badly in his first season.

BillyShears said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Jeez I was indifferent towards Pelle before Lpool and tonight's game. If anything after reading the personal attacks, the Manure like divine right to the league posts and the lack of sense of consequence of removing him - I actually support him more.

It's like a car crash. So called Blues asking others to commit suicide because they don't hate Pellegrini. Still it's a decent reminder that every club has it's segment of losers within the supporter base.

I like Pellegrini in that he plays super football, he seems to be a very good man manager and from a football point of view is an upgrade on Mancini but I don't think he's the man to take us to the top table in European football. Our team just isn't ruthless enough to reach that level. I would love to see Klopp in charge next year. It won't happen we'll have Pellegrini again playing wonderful attacking football but we won't win the league.

gungho-tactics said:
Fame Monster said:
rastus said:

And Mancini was looking for other jobs too. Eeeeeeezzzz football. The thread is meant to be about our current manager though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.