Discussion about money in football sickens me

I want to win the league, I want to watch the best players in the world wearing the blue of Manchester city, and I want a team of young local lads who support city, it's all about balance and I am glad I don't have to so it, until I get it all I am going to enjoy the ride regardless of the money we spend, I have been a season ticket holder for 40 odd years I deserve to enjoy my football.

I want to win the league, I want to watch the best players in the world wearing the blue of Manchester city, and I want a team of young local lads who support city, it's all about balance and I am glad I don't have to so it, until I get it all I am going to enjoy the ride regardless of the money we spend, I have been a season ticket holder for 40 odd years I deserve to enjoy my football.

Sure do. As supporters we can't control what the Club spends. I'm not going to worry myself with it. I will, however, enjoy the results of the spending. So much proven talent all over the pitch and the depth looks very strong.

I'm probably going to make a controversial statement but just how I feel, so much money being thrown about that it's rather annoying and upsetting.

I know that football has alot of money in it but just browsing any sort of news shows all these ridiculous fees thrown about that it just feels out of place. Anybody who reads my comments knows I'm fond of our academy and everyone noticed what Foden did so wondering if anyone feels like this, imaging many won't, given these 2 options:

1. Win the league spending tons of money (say get Sanchez) and incorporate no youth

2. Get 2nd or 3rd but heavily involved players like Diaz, Sancho, Foden, Roberts, Tosin etc.

I would actually pick option 2 because as much as I want to win the league, I enjoy seeing the entire development of the football clubs philosophy and vision more, and seeing what our players can develop into. I like Sterling, but wouldn't feel as much joy seeing his development than Foden, and ultimately for me, football is about enjoyment.

There was a discussion on the Radio 5 World Soccer phone-in last night concerning the next TV deal, and the possible repercussions, now that almost a third of football fans in this country are not watching Premier League games through the traditional TV channels.

I’ve heard similar opinions in recent weeks, and there is a genuine fear that a financial crash might soon be upon us.

That will affect all the Premier League clubs, and might eventually force their hands into fielding more local players.

Right now 1,cos we need to establish our selves as GBs elite,premier club.

I also believe that being very successful in the PL will allow regular 15/20 minute spells in the team for the very best of the youngsters.

Additionally,'run away'success in the PL takes the pressure off the League & FACup,which could be used to field full teams of youngsters.

Managed correctly,with a clear strategy,we can have the best of both worlds,BUT it's predicated on running away with the PL.

My preference is for Option 2 although there should be balance as many posters have said.

That said, I don't associate Option 1 with being sick with money. City are paying hundreds of millions in taxes that helps to fund schools and hospitals as well investing heavily in the regeneration of East Manchester.

I personally would quite like it if city had a policy of only using players born locally (similar to Athletic Club from Bilbao). Yes i realise we would win jack but I could live with that

I'm probably going to make a controversial statement but just how I feel, so much money being thrown about that it's rather annoying and upsetting.

I know that football has alot of money in it but just browsing any sort of news shows all these ridiculous fees thrown about that it just feels out of place. Anybody who reads my comments knows I'm fond of our academy and everyone noticed what Foden did so wondering if anyone feels like this, imaging many won't, given these 2 options:

1. Win the league spending tons of money (say get Sanchez) and incorporate no youth

2. Get 2nd or 3rd but heavily involved players like Diaz, Sancho, Foden, Roberts, Tosin etc.

I would actually pick option 2 because as much as I want to win the league, I enjoy seeing the entire development of the football clubs philosophy and vision more, and seeing what our players can develop into. I like Sterling, but wouldn't feel as much joy seeing his development than Foden, and ultimately for me, football is about enjoyment.
The managers for last couple of seasons flatly refused to give the youngsters any match time even when we were cruising games wouldnt bring them on even for a few minutes .wonder and hope some will get a chance this season

I personally would quite like it if city had a policy of only using players born locally (similar to Athletic Club from Bilbao). Yes i realise we would win jack but I could live with that
We would be in the conference league by now lol

I want to win the league and then win it again and then win it again and then win it again and again and again
So fucking what if we buy the players to do this

The academy will produce well rounded footballers who will go on to have a great career somewhere and when sold on by us this helps fund our stars

Oh and we bought Sancho from Watford. And we've bought or nicked an awful lot of our academy players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.