Discussion about money in football sickens me

I have been present 3 times when we have won the league and I now want to see us win the Champions League. That means having the best players in the world. I am sure Pep will give young players their opportunity when they are ready but it will not be at the cost of sacrificing success nor should it be.

But a lot of the players in the academy are not home grown we have bought or knicked loads of them ftom other clubs

The managers for last couple of seasons flatly refused to give the youngsters any match time even when we were cruising games wouldnt bring them on even for a few minutes .wonder and hope some will get a chance this season

cruising ha ha i must of missed that game ;)

I'm probably going to make a controversial statement but just how I feel, so much money being thrown about that it's rather annoying and upsetting.

I know that football has alot of money in it but just browsing any sort of news shows all these ridiculous fees thrown about that it just feels out of place. Anybody who reads my comments knows I'm fond of our academy and everyone noticed what Foden did so wondering if anyone feels like this, imaging many won't, given these 2 options:

1. Win the league spending tons of money (say get Sanchez) and incorporate no youth

2. Get 2nd or 3rd but heavily involved players like Diaz, Sancho, Foden, Roberts, Tosin etc.

I would actually pick option 2 because as much as I want to win the league, I enjoy seeing the entire development of the football clubs philosophy and vision more, and seeing what our players can develop into. I like Sterling, but wouldn't feel as much joy seeing his development than Foden, and ultimately for me, football is about enjoyment.

Option 2 can go for a long dark shit in the woods compared to option 1.

Problem is, if we dont take option 1, someone else will. Every single season. Youth is great and I love the romanticism of blooding them, but whether any blue thinks so or not we are behind the likes of Spuds and Chelsea right now (based on the last couple of seasons) and we cant afford to fall any further behind.

BTOOTW.

There was a discussion on the Radio 5 World Soccer phone-in last night concerning the next TV deal, and the possible repercussions, now that almost a third of football fans in this country are not watching Premier League games through the traditional TV channels.

I’ve heard similar opinions in recent weeks, and there is a genuine fear that a financial crash might soon be upon us.

That will affect all the Premier League clubs, and might eventually force their hands into fielding more local players.

That's not happening any time soon. Did you see the latest international TV deal for the Premier League?

Whilst domestically it may eventually stagnate, it is absolutely booming abroad, no chance that crash is happening anytime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.