Discussion about money in football sickens me

In the 2017 Forbes list of highest paid sports stars..only two footballers make the top 10

Ronaldo & Messi

Unless you're a Galactico..Football is still relatively low paid in comparison to say..basketball/baseball etc

I'll give it a year or 2 and starting 11s will have a cost of around £500-600m.

It's not our money and all that, though it does seem to have blown up this year - probably due to the new TV deal.

It shows up managers who can only throw money at problems. This is not what I expected from Pep.

Would love a couple of locally born players in the match day squad - Foden and Adarabioyo would be great. They would sweat blood for City like Zabaleta. If this doesn't happen, second best is to have players who join the club fairly early in their careers, get a feel for City and the fans, stay around for a long time and sort of become City. Like, Zabba, Kompany, Silva, Agüero, Toure.

Is option 2 a genuine option? I think we're overstating how high we could finish in the scenario. Also, if it's possible to finish second with all of those youth players, it's not impossible to finish first. I don't think either would happen. Would like to see youth given more of a chance but it needs to be done sensibly.

You are living in a dream world if you think option 2 is realistic. Every team in the league is getting stronger and you want us to throw on a bunch of untested youngsters and expect this to get us 3rd or 2nd? We'd be mid table at best.

Where's the money ceiling to all this? If it keeps on going up people will genuinely walk away sickened in the end, it's not what the games about, and serves as an indicative problem of Capitalism. If we keep watching and paying, i guess that's where the ceiling is.

Is option 2 a genuine option? I think we're overstating how high we could finish in the scenario. Also, if it's possible to finish second with all of those youth players, it's not impossible to finish first. I don't think either would happen. Would like to see youth given more of a chance but it needs to be done sensibly.

But it needs to be done and has been ignored for the last three years. Plenty of games over the past three years players could have been given game time but it was ignored.

Where's the money ceiling to all this? If it keeps on going up people will genuinely walk away sickened in the end, it's not what the games about, and serves as an indicative problem of Capitalism. If we keep watching and paying, i guess that's where the ceiling is.

My first pint was 1s1d.

It's now £2.80p & im still drinking it.

The world doesn't stop spinning for any of us mate

I

For me personally I don't enjoy it as much these days. The amount we've spent has changed the way I feel about football and its sad to say but I expect us to win every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.