Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dr mcfc is mine said:
The silence is defining... I suspect hours rather than days

I wish. I still suspect that he'll be here next season with Txiki pinning all his hopes on Pep coming here for the 2016-17 season.

baildon blue said:
Damanino said:
Pastor Kidney said:
Yep it was September 2009, Hughes got the sack in December of that year. Prior to that we lost 4-2 to Villa on the opening game of the season before just before the Sheikh took over.

I see what Hart means when he said it was one of the worst he's ever experienced as a City player - has he ever let in 4 before? (Perhaps in his early days before Hughes dropped him).

Yeah well it was quite some time ago then.

It also means Mancini never conceded 4 in a game in his 3.5 years here.
Only bad defeat Mancini had was Liverpool 3-0, 2011 .
That was before the F.A cup semi final .

That was a shocker, the Anfield hoodoo is very much alive as we saw the other week. The only other 'bad' defeat Mancini suffered was a 3-0 home defeat to Arsenal in 2010.. of course that was down to Boyata getting sent off after 4 minutes I think (Nasri scoring the opener!).

Lack of trust is the big thing I have noticed in our play too, and it doesn't surprise me that Pellegrini is saying the same - I think it is absolutely intentional. Fernandinhos challenge in the Palace game was not trusting Demichelis to make the challenge. Not keeping the high line is the same thing. It is lack of confidence and trust that is killing us.

I'm really in two minds about Pellegrini as, although he has made a couple of shocking decisions this season, I do think that our problems are far bigger than the manager. To me (and where it differs to 2013), the fallout appears to be between the players, rather than with the manager. The system he sent them out with yesterday I thought was spot on and a very clever tactical switch in putting Milner higher than Silva. The fact the players went to pot though, I imagine frustrated him as much as it did us fans.

If there are rival factions in the squad, I'd much rather we concentrate this summer on getting that sorted than the manager, particularly with who is likely to be available.

Personally, I'd get rid of the balkans, Toure and Nasri as we simply have to keep Aguero and Silva.

In typing that, I do wonder if the factions we have align on religious grounds or if its just a coincidence. Apologies as I realised my suggested cull would probably make Nigel Farage proud, I can guarantee it was not intentional!

Pastor Kidney said:
baildon blue said:
Damanino said:

That was a shocker, the Anfield hoodoo is very much alive as we saw the other week. The only other 'bad' defeat Mancini suffered was a 3-0 home defeat to Arsenal in 2010.. of course that was down to Boyata getting sent off after 4 minutes I think (Nasri scoring the opener!).

Aston Villa in the carling cup was 4 to them i recall

Pastor Kidney said:
baildon blue said:
Damanino said:

We played well in that 0-3 defeat to Arsenal 2010 .
I would say we played better in that than this years defeat to Arsenal .

I really can't help but think that Mancini was dropped far too soon. Many complained because he had lost the dressing room because of publicly criticising certain players but lets look at those he did criticise and see if they deserved it?

Samir Nasri, Carlos Tevez, Adam Johnson, I'm sure there were others

They all had similar traits, played when they felt like it, tracked back when they felt like it and when subbed complained and showed insubordination towards the manager.

I think Pellegrini is partially to blame as he just doesn't seem to have the will power to change tactics or oust the players who aren't performing like Mancini would have done or is it that Soriano and Begistrain are telling him who he must play?

I personally think the next stage in our development as a force in football is to now show the world that players who come to the club must fight for their place, we can start by ditching Toure, Fernandinho, Mangala and Sagna, take a leaf out of bacon face's book for once NO SINGLE PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB. Toure should have gone when he demonstrated that his birthday was more important than putting a shift in.

We need to let Pellegrini rebuild a squad of players who want to play for him, I don't think replacing him is worthwhile unless we can get someone like Guardiola.

These are the players who need to leave:

Mangala
Sagna
Toure
Fernandinho
Demichelis (or keep as a backup, certainly not a starter)
Clichy
Kolarov
Jovetic

Start utilising some of the younger players; Lopes, Guidetti, Rekik, Pozo, Zuculini.

How he has not been sacked yet is beyond me. He should have been gone after Burnley and they are still debating now. Its farcicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.