Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking on the last time we conceded 4 goals.

Is it really the 4-3 derby loss back then with Hughes when Owen scored in the extra time of the extra time? About more than 6 years ago maybe?

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Manuel Pellergrini' - As quoted at yesterday's post match press conference:

"The only way we can change it is working. Working with the minds of the players, working with the team. Working with a lot of things. We must improve and I hope when the team wins again that we will recover their trust."

Maybe it's just me reading more into it than I should, by not taking into account that English isn't his first language, but did anyone else consider his use of the word 'trust,' rather than 'conference,' more than a little interesting.

"We will recover their trust" sounds like he has well and truly lost the dressing room

Danielmanc said:
baildon blue said:
Danielmanc said:
Don't think Manuel will walk away - he'll be too interested in his pay off like most of them are. Don't blame him as I'd hold out for the payoff too.
Does he deserve a pay off though .
I wouldn't give him anything .

Deserve doesn't come into it though BB - he's got a contract and that's all that matters in this regard
Should have had a cheque for the rest of his contract put in his top pocket first thing this morning and sent on his way... Thanks for everything he did last season but we have these last games to go out and win, and IMO he won't do it...

Damanino said:

Is it really the 4-3 derby loss back then with Hughes when Owen scored in the extra time of the extra time? About more than 6 years ago maybe?

Yep it was September 2009, Hughes got the sack in December of that year. Prior to that we lost 4-2 to Villa on the opening game of the season before just before the Sheikh took over.

I see what Hart means when he said it was one of the worst he's ever experienced as a City player - has he ever let in 4 before? (Perhaps in his early days before Hughes dropped him).

Pastor Kidney said:
Damanino said:

Yep it was September 2009, Hughes got the sack in December of that year. Prior to that we lost 4-2 to Villa on the opening game of the season before just before the Sheikh took over.

I see what Hart means when he said it was one of the worst he's ever experienced as a City player - has he ever let in 4 before? (Perhaps in his early days before Hughes dropped him).

Yeah well it was quite some time ago then.

It also means Mancini never conceded 4 in a game in his 3.5 years here.

karen7 said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Manuel Pellergrini' - As quoted at yesterday's post match press conference:

"The only way we can change it is working. Working with the minds of the players, working with the team. Working with a lot of things. We must improve and I hope when the team wins again that we will recover their trust."

Maybe it's just me reading more into it than I should, by not taking into account that English isn't his first language, but did anyone else consider his use of the word 'trust,' rather than 'conference,' more than a little interesting.

"We will recover their trust" sounds like he has well and truly lost the dressing room

Manual always uses the word trust instead of confidence. Has often talked post match about the team playing with trust.

Damanino said:
Pastor Kidney said:
Damanino said:

Yeah well it was quite some time ago then.

It also means Mancini never conceded 4 in a game in his 3.5 years here.
Only bad defeat Mancini had was Liverpool 3-0, 2011 .
That was before the F.A cup semi final .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.