Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong but I think that Benitez still has his old family house on the Wirral, much as Moaninho kept his in London before going back to Chelsea.

Rafa is a busted flush, nowhere near good enough. One jammy comeback in the champions league final and he let Fergie get to him in the one year he challenged for the title. The scousers can have him back when Brenda moves on.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Damocles said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I mentioned this in another post or thread but it was interesting to read Craig Bellamy's view of working with Benitez. He said he was a real cold fish but the most tactically astute manager he's ever worked with. They would work on specific routines relentlessly in training, rather than just play small or full size games and they would carry out those drills to the letter on the field.

The players didn't have the freedom to make ad-hoc decisions as Bellamy reckoned Rafa didn't trust the players on or off the pitch. He would also be meticulous about finding ways of nullifying the opposition attack.

So his hallmarks were meticulous preparation but with tactical awareness & flexibility, plus great awareness of the opposition. I'm not a huge Benitez fan but isn't that what we want from Pellegrini?

We want Pellegrini to win. And when he does that we bestow meaningless cliches on him as a form of praise.

When Pellegrini loses, we then bestow different meaningless cliches on him as a form of damnation.

Essentially managers need to win games and they're a genius or lose games and they're a moron. The reasons for which are never really defined very well and even a small prodding into the realm of the specifics shows loose logic.
I agree that a manager can do as much as he can to prepare a team to play in a match but that may not result in a win for reasons that are beyond his control.

But the central question is, do we look like we're going into games fully and properly prepared? I certainly don't get that impression.

Spot on and frankly it's complacent, arrogant and unforgiveable.

Liverpool fans and Benitez are like we are with Mancini.... we're in a spot of bother and we look back at the good times, and think he's the answer.
We did that with Big Mai, and arguably he set us back 20 years.

If we want to be amongst the VERY best, we need to bring in one of the very best. That's not Benitez.
Arguably, we've focused so much on the players and paid handsomely for them, but tried to do management 'on the cheap'.
Ancelotti please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.