Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Ray78 said:
Trouble with Vieira is that he is another top player who hasn't got the experience in fully managing the seniors. Especially when our top 4 status isn't secure and he was fully concentrating on the EDS side. You can mention Giggs but he was only given 4 games (they had their replacement already in place) he was still registered as a player and United had nothing to play for as they had no chance in qualifying for either the Champions League or the Europa League. It has been a while since Vieira has had full contact with our squad.

Doesn't look as though Pellegrini as had much contact with our squad lately

The players have a habit of downing tools when the shit is about to hit the fan.

Ray78 said:
Trouble with Vieira is that he is another top player who hasn't got the experience in fully managing the seniors. Especially when our top 4 status isn't secure and he was fully concentrating on the EDS side. You can mention Giggs but he was only given 4 games (they had their replacement already in place) he was still registered as a player and United had nothing to play for as they had no chance in qualifying for either the Champions League or the Europa League. It has been a while since Vieira has had full contact with our squad.

The big difference with Paddy V is that he's respected universally by the players and is one of the greatest/most decorated players to have played in the modern era. Not to mention he's different to the others names you've alluded to as he has managed the U21's for a while now and actually comes across as very intelligent person on the whole. I think he'd be great option for us to manage our final 6 games, we need that added spark to pull us over the line and secure a top 4th spot which Pellegrini clearly isn't giving us at the moment.

Ray78 said:

I never get the experience argument to be honest, plenty of first time managers have done a good job and plenty of experienced ones have done a shit one, and vice versa, whoever we pick is a gamble, some top rated managers have died on their arses, sometimes it is circumstance

Paddy could not do any worse, he has played under very good managers and certainly knows the benefits of a functioning midfield, in fairness though others would be better placed with how he sets up the eds lads as i don't watch them, this all depends on if the club are going to sack pellegrini now or in the summer, not sacking him at all is something i cannot contemplate

with six games to go if we sack him now i think at least paddy has knowledge of the premiership and has seen our players first hand, the argentinian would be a bigger gamble over six games for a CL spot

Ray78 said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Ray78 said:

Doesn't look as though Pellegrini as had much contact with our squad lately

The players have a habit of downing tools when the shit is about to hit the fan.

They certainly don't look up for a fight for fourth.

sam-caddick said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
hilts said:
If you have company i hope you've got a cushion on your lap

So do I, bud!

Just watching Phineas and Ferb with my four year old!

Tolm, you reckon Sabella is the man taking over?

Certainly think there is foundation is the supposed recent sounding out.

Don't think City expected to be put in such an awkward situation at this late stage in the season.

But the trickle down is City are waiting on someone already employed at another club.

hilts said:
Ray78 said:

I never get the experience argument to be honest, plenty of first time managers have done a good job and plenty of experienced ones have done a shit one, and vice versa, whoever we pick is a gamble, some top rated managers have dies on their arses, sometimes it is circumstance

Paddy could not do any worse, he has played under very good managers and certainly knows the benefits of a functioning midfield, in fairness though others would be better placed with how he sets up the eds lads as i don't watch them, this all depends on if the club are going to sack pellegrini now or in the summer, not sacking him at all is something i cannot contemplate

with six games to go if we sack him now i think at least paddy has knowledge of the premiership and has seen our players first hand, the argentinian would be a bigger gamble over six games for a CL spot

Serge and Zaba would be happy enough but maybe not Willy with the Argentinian

yatesy94 said:
Ray78 said:

The big difference with Paddy V is that he's respected universally by the players and is one of the greatest/most decorated players to have played in the modern era. Not to mention he's different to the others names you've alluded to as he has managed the U21's for a while now and actually comes across as very intelligent person on the whole. I think he'd be great option for us to manage our final 6 games, we need that added spark to pull us over the line and secure a top 4th spot which Pellegrini clearly isn't giving us at the moment.

Doesn't mean jack shit, There have been top quality players who have flopped when becoming managers.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sam-caddick said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
So do I, bud!

Don't think City expected to be put in such an awkward situation at this late stage in the season.

But the trickle down is City are waiting on someone already employed at another club.

Carlo then ? Do you know if they are open to removing pellers now and installing a caretaker manager ?

So. The real Force.

He's definitely talking about Mansour, the real force behind the club. He's making his final decision.

Or maybe it's 'the REAL force'. In which case, Ancelotti, clearly.

What else could 'Force' possibly refer too? Anyone any good at foreign languages?

Italian, for example?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sam-caddick said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
So do I, bud!

To come in straight away? Is it someone that would be fairly obvious to most here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.