Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jrb said:
Serious question.

Then why would Brennan put his head on the chopping block? He's been on here on numerous occasions and left with some credit. Get this wrong and who's going to believe Brennan again? Big call. He would only do it if he was briefed by the club. Basically the club is pointing the finger via Brennan, and making it very clear.

I understand the point but the article is primarily pointing the finger at the players and for this to have the desired effect, Pellers has to be shown some support.

I like Brennan and think he's shown a lot of balls on here. However, the MEN are 'briefed' to nothing like the same extent these days as they were in years gone by. I'm not saying this article wasn't briefed, but it could just as easily be speculation based on info from a source 'close to the club'.

Promise though mate, he is toast.

Ric said:
Still think the most likely scenario is Pellegrini to remain until summer, and then be replaced by Ancelotti.

End of the season offers a bit more dignity, plus the wider picture will start to unfold about other managers' availability.

If I was (say) Ancelotti, I might not be sure of my position at Real, nor that of City (it's possible we don't make CL!) so I'd be wanting to wait (unless given a massive incentive to commit early).
Likewise for City, they might want to wait just to avoid a panic decision.

But if things get much worse, the club will be forced into accepting there's no way back, and would have to demonstrate leadership in saying goodbye.

GaudinoMotors said:
So when it's their appointment failing miserably it's the players fault, yet when Mancini finished second and reached a cup final it was his fault?

You could argue the complete opposite about what a lot of the people on here think.

Surely that should have been the way to do it from the beginning? Introduce it over a year or two as you introduce better-equipped players? That could have been Pellegrini's legacy, in fact.

Trying to change system immediately could be a piece of managerial arrogance that bites us on the arse.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
FanchesterCity said:
Spot on Ray78... it's bad enough to down tools if there's unrest with the manager, but are they also saying they have a gripe with the 48K paying customers too?

That said, there was nothing in the first 20 minutes that suggested anything other than them wanting to win the game. Once the equaliser came though, it was as if we were just waiting for the inevitable to happen. The spirit evaporated quicker than a pint of meths.

Exactly it wasn't a lack of desire. They just aren't fit or organised enough to play a pressing game and when the pressing slacked off if left us with bodies aimlessly forward and gig holes in our midfield.

Best way forward is to scrap trying to press with a high defensive line until we have the players for it.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
irishben said:
needs to drop players for West Ham if it is the players fault then

That's way too simple a plan for the master tactician to understand.

Bigger problem is the potential replacements aren't good enough. Does anyone believe the likes of fernando, sagna and kolarov will inspire a better performance? Exactly. I know it's cool to say city fans should remember when we were shit but we are in danger of missing top 4 and to do so given the nature of the club today will make us a laughing stock imo.

The crazy thing is if Pellegrini blames the players and the same with txiki i would have no problem with it, i felt the same under Mancini that the players escaped a lot of flak, if the boss had gone right this isn't working we need to change to get results short term and rethink player recruitment come the summer fine, dump toure,nasri,dzeko which would make a statement to the fans, play 4 2 3 1 with the grafters and even if it failed then fair enough, at least he tried to rectify it, then we continue with him

But if you are going to blame certain high profile players and keep playing them, if your doing the same thing game after game with the defence suffering then you are part of the problem, don't just stick your fucking head in the sand and wait for it all to implode

Whatever the reasons for the slump this year our manager hasn't had the balls to try and address it, a good manager reacts, anyone can manage a team when they are playing well and battering everyone

This defies logic

There is no leadership demonstrated in changing too late.

FanchesterCity said:
Ric said:
Still think the most likely scenario is Pellegrini to remain until summer, and then be replaced by Ancelotti.

End of the season offers a bit more dignity, plus the wider picture will start to unfold about other managers' availability.

If I was (say) Ancelotti, I might not be sure of my position at Real, nor that of City (it's possible we don't make CL!) so I'd be wanting to wait (unless given a massive incentive to commit early).
Likewise for City, they might want to wait just to avoid a panic decision.

But if things get much worse, the club will be forced into accepting there's no way back, and would have to demonstrate leadership in saying goodbye.

Manchester_lalala said:
If it's true that he's staying, I can only think that they want to give him another year until guardiola is available.

Or they think he will do better tnan Kidd or Vieira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.