Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaudinoMotors said:
So when it's their appointment failing miserably it's the players fault, yet when Mancini finished second and reached a cup final it was his fault?

That about sums it up.

I know plenty of Barca fans who didn't rate Txiki's signings.

And here's something about Ferran that might just wake people up a bit.

"On 18 September 2014, a Barcelona court banned Soriano from "managing other people's wealth" for two years in Spain on account of the collapse of Spanair. Soriano and 10 other former Spanair board members were also fined a total of £8.5m by the court."

Frankly we are putting far too much faith in their abilities. Joan La Porta was the driving force behind Barca's revival.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Manchester_lalala said:
If it's true that he's staying, I can only think that they want to give him another year until guardiola is available.

And what happens if we don't make CL? Fail to attract decent players and are stuck with some of these under performers with a clueless one trick pony still at the helm?

Pep will hardly be knocking down the door to take up the post will he?

We should go after him at the end of the season and just virtually get him to name his price. Pay him whatever he wants. If he won't come then we rip up the plan and rewrite it, appointing someone else.

We have shopped at the managers equivalent of Sainsbury's for long enough. It's time we started shopping at Waitrose.

What happens if they put Vieira in for 6 games and we drop out of the top 4 ? That the question the club have to get right and they know more about whether Vieira is ready than any of us. The rest of your post on Pep I agree with.

jrb said:
Davs 19 said:
jrb said:
Serious question.

Then why would Brennan put his head on the chopping block? He's been on here on numerous occasions and left with some credit. Get this wrong and who's going to believe Brennan again? Big call. He would only do it if he was briefed by the club. Basically the club is pointing the finger via Brennan, and making it very clear.

I understand the point but the article is primarily pointing the finger at the players and for this to have the desired effect, Pellers has to be shown some support.

I like Brennan and think he's shown a lot of balls on here. However, the MEN are 'briefed' to nothing like the same extent these days as they were in years gone by. I'm not saying this article wasn't briefed, but it could just as easily be speculation based on info from a source 'close to the club'.

Promise though mate, he is toast.

I appreciate he's probably toast, but I don't think those at the top want to pull the trigger now. They will want him to get into the CL first, and then they will pull the trigger. That way the new Manager will have CL football and money to spend. Getting rid now would cause more turmoil at the club, and in the media. The owners and club will get slaughtered. More damaging PR. Do it after the season is over, regardless, and it will make half the shockwaves.

I agree, it'll be 'Rudderless City' all the way.
But if things get much worse, they'll have no option.

jrb said:
Then there's the problem of FFP.

if City sacked Pellers and his coaching staff, it would cost the club millions, with no guarantee that Paddy or another short-term Manager would get us a CL place.

Then there's the fallout, similar to when we sacked Mancini on the eve of the cup final. That backfired and we lost the final. Do the club want to go to go down that road again, but this time with a CL place at stake?

The fallout from keeping Pellegrini will be worse. There is the horrible feeling of inevitability about Pellegrini's departure. Keeping him on any longer won't help anything. The players have stopped caring. They certainly won't listen to him anymore.

The best chance of stringing the few remaining results is to bring in someone like Vieira, hope for enough a honeymoon to get us top 4.

Summerbuzz said:
Anyone at the club who is proportioning blame publicly either oughtn't to be talking to the press, or is more than a little desperate.

The only answer is - nothing to see here - there is always pressure, because we want to be the best. But it's business as usual, and everyone is working hard to win our next game.

Like many things ATM that might be true, but fingers have now been pointed, and names have been named. Those players will be knocking on Soriano's door, asking to him to clarify the situation. Ego's have been.......

halfcenturyup said:
There is no leadership demonstrated in changing too late.

FanchesterCity said:
Ric said:
Still think the most likely scenario is Pellegrini to remain until summer, and then be replaced by Ancelotti.

End of the season offers a bit more dignity, plus the wider picture will start to unfold about other managers' availability.

If I was (say) Ancelotti, I might not be sure of my position at Real, nor that of City (it's possible we don't make CL!) so I'd be wanting to wait (unless given a massive incentive to commit early).
Likewise for City, they might want to wait just to avoid a panic decision.

But if things get much worse, the club will be forced into accepting there's no way back, and would have to demonstrate leadership in saying goodbye.

Showing genuine leadership would be to act swiftly - whether Pellegrini is a a dead man walking for the summer isnt the pressing issue now - the issue is to change before these final matches to ensure we finish top 4, ideally top 3 bearing in mind who united still have to play. Calling out players who have performed heroics for the club for thge last 3/4 years wont have the desired effect; they no they are likely going anyway; poor motivational tactics from the club to put it mildly if Brennan is giving a semi-official line there.

Lets hope he does everything to prepare well for the WHU match. Because if he doesnt there is no way we beat a mediocre out of form WHU.

city91 said:
I'm not a fan of this waiting until the end of the season crap to sack a manager. Pellegrini is either the right man or he is not. Why prolong his stay here if they do not see him as the man to take us forward?

Say if Pellegrini drops the likes of Yaya and Kompany for the rest of the season and we convincingly win all of our remaining games then what happens? Do we accept that it was the players that let him down and that with them gone he can shape us into a winning unit again or does he get the sack no matter what?

Surely if the players don't want him in charge, which recent results suggest, and he knows that he is going to be sacked then why would anyone expect us to improve under than environment.

Surely letting Vieira take charge until the end of the season might give the players the boost they need. Likewise, considering we play the likes of West Ham, QPR and Villa at home we haven't got the most difficult run in.

They're fighting for relegation and I doubt they'll just sit back, park the bus and hope for a draw. They know we've been shit and they'll most likely go all out, if that cunts still in charge of course.

The messiah that is Guardiola.......... no don't he'll end up will us at some point. However it will be the worse squad he's ever had to work with....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.