Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pavelsrnicek said:
jrb said:
Then there's the problem of FFP.

if City sacked Pellers and his coaching staff, it would cost the club millions, with no guarantee that Paddy or another short-term Manager would get us a CL place.

Then there's the fallout, similar to when we sacked Mancini on the eve of the cup final. That backfired and we lost the final. Do the club want to go to go down that road again, but this time with a CL place at stake?

The fallout from keeping Pellegrini will be worse. There is the horrible feeling of inevitability about Pellegrini's departure. Keeping him on any longer won't help anything. The players have stopped caring. They certainly won't listen to him anymore.

The best chance of stringing the few remaining results is to bring in someone like Vieira, hope for enough a honeymoon to get us top 4.

The people running the club are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

It's simple, Stick or twist? AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.

jrb said:

if City sacked Pellers and his coaching staff, it would cost the club millions, with no guarantee that Paddy or another short-term Manager would get us a CL place.

Then there's the fallout, similar to when we sacked Mancini on the eve of the cup final. That backfired and we lost the final. Do the club want to go to go down that road again, but this time with a CL place at stake?

For me it's at this point that City tell UEFA to fuck off. Pointless bringing in a new manager with one hand tied behind his back because the way I look at it trying to comply with FFP means we have no chance of winning the CL and more importantly it lessens our chance of winning the Prem. The worst that can happen is UEFA kick us out of a tournament were not good enough to win anyway. We tried to play it their way and took "a pinch" and now look at us. It's time for City to go to war on this.

pavelsrnicek said:
jrb said:

The fallout from keeping Pellegrini will be worse. There is the horrible feeling of inevitability about Pellegrini's departure. Keeping him on any longer won't help anything. The players have stopped caring. They certainly won't listen to him anymore.

The best chance of stringing the few remaining results is to bring in someone like Vieira, hope for enough a honeymoon to get us top 4.

Paddy would certainly give some of these un loyal week kneed fukin wankers a cock slap

blueparrot said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Manchester_lalala said:
If it's true that he's staying, I can only think that they want to give him another year until guardiola is available.

And what happens if we don't make CL? Fail to attract decent players and are stuck with some of these under performers with a clueless one trick pony still at the helm?

Pep will hardly be knocking down the door to take up the post will he?

We should go after him at the end of the season and just virtually get him to name his price. Pay him whatever he wants. If he won't come then we rip up the plan and rewrite it, appointing someone else.

We have shopped at the managers equivalent of Sainsbury's for long enough. It's time we started shopping at Waitrose.

What happens if they put Vieira in for 6 games and we drop out of the top 4 ? That the question the club have to get right and they know more about whether Vieira is ready than any of us. The rest of your post on Pep I agree with.

I agree it's risky and they might not want to take the risk but Pellegrini has won 5 league games in 14 and lost 4 out of the last 6. Is keeping him potentially not riskier than giving him the boot? If the form of our last 14 league games is replicated in the last 6 (and bearing in mind our form has got worse over this period) then we will finish on 69 points. Is that going to be enough??

I think a new manager would give the players a lift (they can't like Pellegrini to be playing like twats for him), it would give the fans a lift and it would work out.

The thought of keeping Pellegrini for another season though just in case Pep may come is on a par with the worst decisions we have ever made if it is true.

Universidad de Chile said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Universidad de Chile said:
^^ haha.... some here will prolong their long winter depression due to this news and the derbys result yesterday...

The players have almost thrown two managers under the bus so both the team and Pellers are responsible.

That said, Pellers shot himself in the foot when he said refereeing decisions wouldn't count against us. He hadn't realised how spineless the officials are here. The offside Burnley goal was the turning point in the season.
mate, that was the same thing in malaga.

i follow pelle since villareal, and was always the usual critic from the fans, that he made every 2 games some stupid player changes (mostly too late on the second half, also too late reacted, almost if the team was losing the match) and that his tactics were bad and he never dare nothing and are too cautious. nothin new on that.

but at the other side, i have to say, he have a very good eye with some really good signs (isco, antonio valencia, diego lopez, diego godin, santi cazorla, nacho monreal, juan pablo sorin, giuseppe rossi, etc.) or get the best of some olders one (forlan, julio baptista, riquelme, etc.). what make me think now, that some city signs are not really 100% pelles sign... but, whatever...

and hes more a former, than a strategist, someone who bring more a football philisophie than titles... but i thought... you all have to know that, before he came, or??

:- )

Your post jogged some happy memories. The media told us At the start of last season that Pellers had never won any trophies - ignoring his successes in South America. Then when we won the League and a cup they tried to make out that we had been favourites all season.

I knew that Pellers had helped to get the best out of some players and your post was informative. I just wish we had been able to sign Isco when we had the chance.

OrigamiNinja said:
jrb said:

For me it's at this point that City tell UEFA to fuck off. Pointless bringing in a new manager with one hand tied behind his back because the way I look at it trying to comply with FFP means we have no chance of winning the CL and more importantly it lessens our chance of winning the Prem. The worst that can happen is UEFA kick us out of a tournament were not good enough to win anyway. We tried to play it their way and took "a pinch" and now look at us. It's time for City to go to war on this.
There's also FFP in the PL now, so it's not that simple.

OrigamiNinja said:
jrb said:

The problem is this. Regardless of winning the case or not, which could take years, the best players *want to play in the CL*. If we can't offer them that, they won't come, regardless of the money we offer them.

Oh, Liverpool are winning 1-0. Sterling.

chesterbells said:
halfcenturyup said:
There is no leadership demonstrated in changing too late.

FanchesterCity said:
End of the season offers a bit more dignity, plus the wider picture will start to unfold about other managers' availability.

If I was (say) Ancelotti, I might not be sure of my position at Real, nor that of City (it's possible we don't make CL!) so I'd be wanting to wait (unless given a massive incentive to commit early).
Likewise for City, they might want to wait just to avoid a panic decision.

But if things get much worse, the club will be forced into accepting there's no way back, and would have to demonstrate leadership in saying goodbye.

Showing genuine leadership would be to act swiftly - whether Pellegrini is a a dead man walking for the summer isnt the pressing issue now - the issue is to change before these final matches to ensure we finish top 4, ideally top 3 bearing in mind who united still have to play. Calling out players who have performed heroics for the club for thge last 3/4 years wont have the desired effect; they no they are likely going anyway; poor motivational tactics from the club to put it mildly if Brennan is giving a semi-official line there.

Not until you have a plan in place it doesn't. It's a very fine line... if you sack a guy and have no immediate replacement, you look like you've knee jerked without thinking it through. If you can put someone in place right away, then it's fine, it all looks very quick and efficient.

Only when things are truly disastrous does it look acceptable to ditch a manager without a replacement, and that's really an 'emergency measures' approach. I don't think we're at that stage yet.

I think we're at the stage where we know it's over, but we seek a replacement first.

The former is like identifying someone's not good enough.
The latter is like identifying someone who's sabotaging you.

pavelsrnicek said:
jrb said:

Paddy would certainly give some of these disloyal week kneed fukin wankers a cock slap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.