Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrigamiNinja said:
jrb said:
Then there's the problem of FFP.

if City sacked Pellers and his coaching staff, it would cost the club millions, with no guarantee that Paddy or another short-term Manager would get us a CL place.

Then there's the fallout, similar to when we sacked Mancini on the eve of the cup final. That backfired and we lost the final. Do the club want to go to go down that road again, but this time with a CL place at stake?

For me it's at this point that City tell UEFA to fuck off. Pointless bringing in a new manager with one hand tied behind his back because the way I look at it trying to comply with FFP means we have no chance of winning the CL and more importantly it lessens our chance of winning the Prem. The worst that can happen is UEFA kick us out of a tournament were not good enough to win anyway. We tried to play it their way and took "a pinch" and now look at us. It's time for City to go to war on this.

Legal battles cost sponsors and PR, let alone an indefinite period of being in 'no mans land'.

Update: Sterling HOWLER of a miss.... absolute miss of the season. It's a cracker

Bluemoon115 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
jrb said:

if City sacked Pellers and his coaching staff, it would cost the club millions, with no guarantee that Paddy or another short-term Manager would get us a CL place.

Then there's the fallout, similar to when we sacked Mancini on the eve of the cup final. That backfired and we lost the final. Do the club want to go to go down that road again, but this time with a CL place at stake?

For me it's at this point that City tell UEFA to fuck off. Pointless bringing in a new manager with one hand tied behind his back because the way I look at it trying to comply with FFP means we have no chance of winning the CL and more importantly it lessens our chance of winning the Prem. The worst that can happen is UEFA kick us out of a tournament were not good enough to win anyway. We tried to play it their way and took "a pinch" and now look at us. It's time for City to go to war on this.
There's also FFP in the PL now, so it's not that simple.

The PL don't want FFP, they're are being influenced by members of the same Cartel that influenced UEFA. The Premier League is an incredible brand built on huge investment, take the investment away and what happens? I imagine the powers that be at Premier League headquarters would be quietly delighted should a club take on UEFA.

OrigamiNinja said:
Bluemoon115 said:
OrigamiNinja said:

The PL don't want FFP, they're are being influenced by members of the same Cartel that influenced UEFA. The Premier League is an incredible brand built on huge investment, take the investment away and what happens? I imagine the powers that be at Premier League headquarters would be quietly delighted should a club take on UEFA.

PL FFP has been voted on and passed. It's reality.

FanchesterCity said:
OrigamiNinja said:
jrb said:

Legal battles cost sponsors and PR, let alone an indefinite period of being in 'no mans land'.

Update: Sterling HOWLER of a miss.... absolute miss of the season. It's a cracker

Not winning titles and struggling for top 4 costs sponsors!

Look im not saying it's ideal but we tried it their way and look at the mess we are in. Continue like this and can anyone see it getting better?

Maybe our eminences are waiting for the result tonight.

If Newcastle get an equalizer then we are 6 points ahead. We would then need 12 points from 18 to be absolutely sure.

If Liverpool hold on we would need 14.

I think we are already in a very precarious position. If the Spanish dynamic duo don't then on their heads be it.

If he was going to resign / be sacked I think we'd have heard by now.

I also think the MEN are making it up about Nasri, Dzeko etc. There's no way anyone at City would be stupid enough to name names. They are just putting names to the line that the players should take some responsibility.

So we limp on for another week with Pellegrini.

You know what will happen at the end of the season. Vieira will move on. Pellegrini will get fired. We'll be 5th, and Ancellotti will renew his contact at Real Madrid

I don't understand why City's bosses are prepared to gamble with City's top 4 position when it's obvious he's lost control.

OrigamiNinja said:
Bluemoon115 said:
OrigamiNinja said:

Not too sure about that...
It's a very fine between being an amazingly entertaining league, and one which pushes things too far, and turns the viewer off. The high salaries and ticket prices are stating to have a negative effect, and the last thing media companies want is for subscribers to feel they're having their noses rubbed in it with with ever increasing subscription costs.

The better option is for the PL player and club costs to be cheaper, and yet we still pay the same for it.... that makes them more money!

Marvin said:

I also think the MEN are making it up about Nasri, Dzeko etc. There's no way anyone at City would be stupid enough to name names. They are just putting names to the line that the players should take some responsibility.

You know what will happen at the end of the season. Vieira will move on. Pellegrini will get fired. We'll be 5th, and Ancellotti will renew his contact at Real Madrid

I don't understand why City's bosses are prepared to gamble with City's top 4 position when it's obvious he's lost control.

Bloody hell that's even more depressing than your normal output

Marvin said:

You and me both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.