Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanchope n me Dickov said:
I am concerned what effect our current form will have on season ticket sales next month. We have a 55000 capacity next season and in order to fill it we need to persuade armchair fans to get off their backsides and come to the Etihad. We have struggled to sell out some of the televised fixtures v lower sides this season so there is no way we will sell out next year if we are still playing badly.

This is why I would make a positive change now and get rid of the manager. The new boss should drop some of the under performing players too. Then it's over to Txkiki to pull his finger out during the transfer window, sign some players that excite the fans and re-invigorate the whole club

I don't think it'll hurt sales, but I generally agree with your sentiments.
This year's tickets for me and my son will be a struggle (complicated reasons). We're being asked to pay more, and I'd like to feel eager anticipation of yet another step forward on this great journey (new stand included!)....

But I don't feel like that. I feel negative towards City if I'm honest. They're going to take more money off me, and I've no clue who'll be in charge.
I love City, I'll always love them. I'll always support them.... but I might not always allow myself to be bent over and shafted in the process.

Plenty will argue we've got good prices... we have. Or that we have fantastic facilities... we do. But every family has a price point, and this season's performances have managed to sow just the tiniest little seed.... 'what IF I didn't renew.... ?'

I think we should just fuck off this manager lark and just stick all the players in the dressing room and let them decide how they want to play and what team to pick, we cant have the little darlings being told what to do. Let Txiki buy them and just let them do what they want-we cant have the spoilt little twats getting upset with a nasty manager telling them what to do all the time.

FanchesterCity said:
I am concerned what effect our current form will have on season ticket sales next month. We have a 55000 capacity next season and in order to fill it we need to persuade armchair fans to get off their backsides and come to the Etihad. We have struggled to sell out some of the televised fixtures v lower sides this season so there is no way we will sell out next year if we are still playing badly.

This is why I would make a positive change now and get rid of the manager. The new boss should drop some of the under performing players too. Then it's over to Txkiki to pull his finger out during the transfer window, sign some players that excite the fans and re-invigorate the whole club

This year's tickets for me and my son will be a struggle (complicated reasons). We're being asked to pay more, and I'd like to feel eager anticipation of yet another step forward on this great journey (new stand included!)....

But I don't feel like that. I feel negative towards City if I'm honest. They're going to take more money off me, and I've no clue who'll be in charge.
I love City, I'll always love them. I'll always support them.... but I might not always allow myself to be bent over and shafted in the process.

Plenty will argue we've got good prices... we have. Or that we have fantastic facilities... we do. But every family has a price point, and this season's performances have managed to sow just the tiniest little seed.... 'what IF I didn't renew.... ?'
Indeed, very tempted to relocate to one of these £299 season tickets. Half the cost of my present seat, the view may not be as good but for me it's all about just being there.

I don't believe the Rafa story. Agent touting his client.

A capable manager for sure, but I get the impression he's lost quite a bit of gravitas over the years. Publicly lost a couple of psychological battles, then lost face at Inter. Spent too much time being a nice guy in the press

I think the Spanish duo have a make or break call to make. I'm guessing that the last two years have been a wait for Pep and they may be contemplating keeping MP or appointing an interim for a year - still waiting for Pep. Is this wise? Peps a great coach but will his style work in England? Are we waiting in vain? Will he actually join us? And most importantly how long would he work with us - don't want him taking sabaticals etc. as others have said for Pep it's now or never - we need a long term strategy.

flb said:
I think we should just fuck off this manager lark and just stick all the players in the dressing room and let them decide how they want to play and what team to pick, we cant have the little darlings being told what to do. Let Txiki buy them and just let them do what they want-we cant have the spoilt little twats getting upset with a nasty manager telling them what to do all the time.

Make Yaya manager....... On 2nd thoughts probably not a big enough title. Let's make him King, have a big coronation with lots of cake....

FanchesterCity said:

The price isnt the most important thing, seeing players put effort in and sweating for the shirt is what makes me feel like a supporter, watching Dzeko,Kolorov and Yaya this year fucking ambling around has been nearly enough for me to say fuck it enoughs enough. Its a fucking disgrace tbh, the least they can do is make some effort. for me personally if i dont see significact changes next year in the type of player we buy then season tickets will drop right down my list of priorities.

FanchesterCity said:

Indeed, very tempted to relocate to one of these £299 season tickets. Half the cost of my present seat, the view may not be as good but for me it's all about just being there.

Considering the same. But I'm sure if I felt excited, I'd be far more inclined to look positively on the cost. It's not about being 'fairweather' or anything like that, it's about the abject displays really. No fan can be motivated by that.
The new stand is just bricks and mortar, but for me it was hugely symbolic of us stepping up yet another level, and I want to start the new season feeling this is the start of 'stage 2' of global domination. Not 'we'll sit around in the rain waiting for the Guardiola bus'.... when we don't even know what route it's going to be taking.

Summerbuzz said:
I don't believe the Rafa story. Agent touting his client.

A capable manager for sure, but I get the impression he's lost quite a bit of gravitas over the years. Publicly lost a couple of psychological battles, then lost face at Inter. Spent too much time being a nice guy in the press

Is that a fact because as we all know Rafa only deals with facts?

Does Pep even wants to come to City?

In his books its written he hates clubs like chelsea where there is no history and a Money Guy controlling the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.