Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cityisblue said:
Wow...If comedy was ever needed then this thread is pure Gold !.

Man City will be an exremely fortunate team to have Rafa Benitez guiding them through a period of legacy building.

The Guy is a "Caricature" in the Media, because he does not bow donw to their whims, or does briefing, or believes in any PR, or likes to be onside with the Media.

He does not speak to the Sun, has sent legal letters to talk sport and fat boy Danny Kelly, has fallen out with Sky Sports and there pundits, by rectifying their wrong assessments, such as " Zonal Marking", Substitutions, Rotation, use of 4-2-3-1, Gerrard not a CM, disagreemenst with Ferguson, Mourinho, and that created the negatitive attiutudes of Dciks like Henry Wanker, Patrick Barclay and the other Fleet Street members.

you know the most common of tactics, and squad usage that people are using without any questions in 2015, but it was a major bone of contention for the Likes of Richard Keys, Andy Gray, and Shitty Redknapp, football experts without having any expertise.

The Xenophobic attiutude of mainstream media towrds Rafa is the reason behind his Public Profile being ridiculously Bad, but he does not Public Relations like Rodgers, Mourinho, Ferguson, Allardyce, Bruce and the rest to correct his wrong image, he just lets results speak for them selves, at the most limited of clubs, Valencia, Liverpool, Inter Milan ( 0 Investment, Mourinho spent all Moratti's money on buying over aged players with no resale value, where are Inter Milan now ?) but still won 2 trophies lost 1 trophy, qualified out of the group stages quicker than mourinho and had 2 games in hand before departure and arguement Chelsea Joined December alraedy out of Champions League hated by all Chelsea fans every game ( imagine your workplace in that condition) "0" investment, 50 games in 6 months , average 2 PPG, Europa League win, WC runner up, Semi Fianlists in LC , and FA Cup. Napoli, Annual Revenue less than Swansea, spent Cavani Money on Higuain, Callejon, Mertens, 78 points last year the biggest in history, Italian Cup winner, Italian Super Coppa Winner, can achieve the Europa League, and finish second of third with and club made a net profit of £20 million in the summer just gone, so how do you become title winner in that budget , shopping at LIDL, while Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, and even Roma are at Waitrose !

Just to sum up Rafa Benitez to Man City , well the guy has 13 trophies to his name since 2001 , with a 2 season break in the middle, while Losing another European Cup final, 2 WC final, , League cup final, UEFA Super cup final, Spanish coppa final, the main protagonist for the "now fashionable and common " 4-2-3-1 system, with high pressing, , 2 X World manager of the year, ...and soon to be the darling of all Blue Moon, ..it will only take 10 games before his name is sung .in admiration...you be really lucky if its him !

Thanks for your CV Rafa...personally I'd be ok with it if it's you but don't let us down ok?

FanchesterCity said:
blue underpants said:
NQCitizen said:
Pep's contribution to history could yet be remembered as riding the back of the greatest player ever and taking over at the European champions blunting their effectiveness and losing their crown.

If he doesn't match his Barcelona levels in his next job he could see some of his glory fade.

Luckily he'll take the most overwhelmingly stacked in his favour job he can and will continue to pass all around lesser opposition.
I posted something similar earlier in the thread, the guy is a glory hunter, he will end up at the rags he is one of their camp followers, I just can't work out some Blues obsession with the bloke, forget him he ain't coming and I for one don't even want him

It's very unclear precisely how much of Barca's dominance was actually down to him. Some believe a lot, some believe very little. But either way, Barca's still a very high rung to start out on. I can't see he's a charlatan or anything, that would be silly, but I see no real evidence of him having to actually climb mountains for success.
The sad thing is, with today's footballer mentality, if the players believe in his 'voodoo aura' they might actually perform for him. It's the emperor's new clothes!

Maybe you should look deeper into it and look what Guardiola really does. Look at interviews of the players and about developments of the players and the team.

Maybe I should tell you about Saturday. Bayern was stripped down to 15 players (including 2 goalkeepers, 2 youngsters, 2 players that were good for only 60 minutes, 1 player that was only good for about 20) and had played 120 minutes and a penalty shootout Wednesday night and came back from the match Thursday afternoon. 10 points lead in the Bundesliga table with 7 matches to go. A trip to Porto and a CL quarter final match after that.

They still ran 111 kilometres in that match. They still did a lot of intensive runs and sprints. They won 3:0. And in they still did sprints in the 88th minute for a possible goal and the offense tracked back...

Yes, Guardiola took over a fantastic team. But - some of you pointed out in the post match thread of last weekend that you players might have lost the hunger because of the successes of the last season. Sorry - when we talk about Bayern we talk about 5 years with 4 CL semifinals and 3 finals. Of a team that really have won it all and done all records German football had including winning the World Cup nine months ago.

Some might say that this job is easy - it is quite the opposite. You have a bunch of really talentend and intelligent players that just would not believe any word of every coach they get confrontated with. He dares them and brings them forward. You can see improvements with about every player in the squad. And he demands a lot of them.

It is not always rewarded - you cannot always win. But at the end it will be.

--------------

About van Gaal - the story is not what he might do while he is in the club but maybe what he leaves.

Some believe it was all down to Soriano.

FanchesterCity said:
blue underpants said:
NQCitizen said:
Pep's contribution to history could yet be remembered as riding the back of the greatest player ever and taking over at the European champions blunting their effectiveness and losing their crown.

If he doesn't match his Barcelona levels in his next job he could see some of his glory fade.

Luckily he'll take the most overwhelmingly stacked in his favour job he can and will continue to pass all around lesser opposition.
I posted something similar earlier in the thread, the guy is a glory hunter, he will end up at the rags he is one of their camp followers, I just can't work out some Blues obsession with the bloke, forget him he ain't coming and I for one don't even want him

It's very unclear precisely how much of Barca's dominance was actually down to him. Some believe a lot, some believe very little. But either way, Barca's still a very high rung to start out on. I can't see he's a charlatan or anything, that would be silly, but I see no real evidence of him having to actually climb mountains for success.
The sad thing is, with today's footballer mentality, if the players believe in his 'voodoo aura' they might actually perform for him. It's the emperor's new clothes!

cityisblue said:

Man City will be an exremely fortunate team to have Rafa Benitez guiding them through a period of legacy building.

The Guy is a "Caricature" in the Media, because he does not bow donw to their whims, or does briefing, or believes in any PR, or likes to be onside with the Media.

He does not speak to the Sun, has sent legal letters to talk sport and fat boy Danny Kelly, has fallen out with Sky Sports and there pundits, by rectifying their wrong assessments, such as " Zonal Marking", Substitutions, Rotation, use of 4-2-3-1, Gerrard not a CM, disagreemenst with Ferguson, Mourinho, and that created the negatitive attiutudes of Dciks like Henry Wanker, Patrick Barclay and the other Fleet Street members.

you know the most common of tactics, and squad usage that people are using without any questions in 2015, but it was a major bone of contention for the Likes of Richard Keys, Andy Gray, and Shitty Redknapp, football experts without having any expertise.

The Xenophobic attiutude of mainstream media towrds Rafa is the reason behind his Public Profile being ridiculously Bad, but he does not Public Relations like Rodgers, Mourinho, Ferguson, Allardyce, Bruce and the rest to correct his wrong image, he just lets results speak for them selves, at the most limited of clubs, Valencia, Liverpool, Inter Milan ( 0 Investment, Mourinho spent all Moratti's money on buying over aged players with no resale value, where are Inter Milan now ?) but still won 2 trophies lost 1 trophy, qualified out of the group stages quicker than mourinho and had 2 games in hand before departure and arguement Chelsea Joined December alraedy out of Champions League hated by all Chelsea fans every game ( imagine your workplace in that condition) "0" investment, 50 games in 6 months , average 2 PPG, Europa League win, WC runner up, Semi Fianlists in LC , and FA Cup. Napoli, Annual Revenue less than Swansea, spent Cavani Money on Higuain, Callejon, Mertens, 78 points last year the biggest in history, Italian Cup winner, Italian Super Coppa Winner, can achieve the Europa League, and finish second of third with and club made a net profit of £20 million in the summer just gone, so how do you become title winner in that budget , shopping at LIDL, while Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, and even Roma are at Waitrose !

Just to sum up Rafa Benitez to Man City , well the guy has 13 trophies to his name since 2001 , with a 2 season break in the middle, while Losing another European Cup final, 2 WC final, , League cup final, UEFA Super cup final, Spanish coppa final, the main protagonist for the "now fashionable and common " 4-2-3-1 system, with high pressing, , 2 X World manager of the year, ...and soon to be the darling of all Blue Moon, ..it will only take 10 games before his name is sung .in admiration...you be really lucky if its him !
Hi Rafa .
If you do come Manchester City football club can you not fook it up like at Inter Milan .

I really don't want a manager that looks like one of the lads from a Pierre Woodman flick. Aside from that sufficient reason, I don't want "Pep" because it will irritate the "Pep" club which is only slightly less boring than the forum's victimhood peddling society.

Gambling on the WHU game is very risky. Reports say they are ready to fire him if they feel CL status is in danger but its in danger now and if we wait until we lose or draw to WHU hope we wont be late...

Of course we might still reach 3rd place too with a good run. But if gambling lose we lose lot bigger than what we win.

I wonder how fast they would react if Big Sam travels back to London with a point or even three...
Or would they still keep gambling on the Villa game after.

Sigh said:
I really don't want a manager that looks like one of the lads from a Pierre Woodman flick. Aside from that sufficient reason, I don't want "Pep" because it will irritate the "Pep" club which is only slightly less boring than the forum's victimhood peddling society.

The thing is that Pep is not even in the mix. He is coach at Bayern Munich until atleast 2016 - he loves it there so it could even be much longer. And even without that he might not be available until 2017. And there will be a lot offers for him when he gets available. Talking about Guardiola as a replacement for Pellegrini is just wasted time.

Has it been revealed yet who it is we are supposed to be waiting on a call from and/or negotiating with their current club? I think this was yesterday about a zillion pages back.

If we are sticking by Pellegrini and blaming the players then why would we be waiting urgently on any call?

Also still concerned about this public naming and shaming of Dzeko, Toure and Nasri. Unless the plan is that they don't play any more this season is the expectation that this is going to wound their pride ahead of this weekend, as it could just as easily translate into - why the hell should we bother running after a 50/50 ball and risk injury if we are now looking ahead a few weeks to the best transfer we can get.

I was looking at Pellergrini age yesterday .
It surprised me that he was so old .
Does he really give fook if he gets sacked from City .
He could easily retire after this job .

cityisblue said:

Passionate post. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.