Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
Damanino said:
Fergie used hairdryer regularly. It got him quite a few trophies.

halfcenturyup said:
How does the infamous hairdryer treatment fit into these modern management techniques?

"The human beings I've dealt with are far more fragile than the human beings of 30 years ago," Ferguson insisted. "And I say that in a good sense because they're coming from better conditions. I couldn't lose my temper the way I did back then with people nowadays!

"Also, which has become very dominant in the English game is the culture of players from different countries - at United I think there are people from 20 different nationalities and that's a challenge because people from different cultures have to be addressed and you have to make sure that they are comfortable in their environment because it's a results industry and you need to get the best out of them."

-- Alex Ferguson, 2014.

Regarding Van Gaal bollocking Rooney - he probably has. And he's already been sacked because of it, he just doesn't know it yet. Same hadn't at Barca and Bayern too. He lost the dressing room and they eventually got fed up and stopped playing for him which led to him getting the sack. Considering that both clubs went on to far greater success without him than with him then you'd argue that he was holding them back to some degree.

This is a man who caused Rivaldo to leave Barcelona because he's a total bellend, that would be like Pellegrini constantly being a knob to David Silva to the point where he walks out. Rivaldo then went to Milan and immediately won the Champions League.

As our wise CEO once said, who actually dealt with Van Gaal on a personal basis:

‘If you treat your people badly, they remember. One day you make an error and they kill you. I’ve seen this in many clubs. Louis van Gaal has been a very good coach in many clubs but his style is very difficult. The same thing happened to him in Barcelona as in Bayern Munich. He is very tough, people don’t like him, but he wins. And one day you don’t win — and when you don’t win, everybody that is angry with you will come back to you and try to kill you. In the movies this works, in real life it doesn’t.’

Except that he wins and goes to another top club and wins and goes to another top club and wins....................

cookster said:
baildon blue said:
Don't know if I should go or not to the West Ham game .
The last 8 weeks have really pissed me off .
Even when we were losing under the likes of Hughes .
I wasn't this pissed off .
Are they really worth spending your money on these next few matches .

Eh? Do you only want to go if we always win!

Part of being a fan is supporting the team through thick and thin. Genuine City Fans know that.

Spot on Cookster. Always have done, always will do, through rain, shine or sh*t.

Together we fight to the end!!

CTID!!

flb said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
flb said:
The price isnt the most important thing, seeing players put effort in and sweating for the shirt is what makes me feel like a supporter, watching Dzeko,Kolorov and Yaya this year fucking ambling around has been nearly enough for me to say fuck it enoughs enough. Its a fucking disgrace tbh, the least they can do is make some effort. for me personally if i dont see significact changes next year in the type of player we buy then season tickets will drop right down my list of priorities.

Totally agree with your comments about putting the effort in as we have to put the effort in to be able afford the price to watch our team play.

I have struggled this year to get next years season card and I am being relocated but I have to do it as it is in my genes to be their, I cant give in too easily and it would cost me more in the long run as I would attend all League games anywhere.

The only issue I now have is whether or not to join Champs League Cup scheme as I have an issue with the way FFP as been implemented by the governing body to stop my team from competing so why would I fund such corruption.

Im fucking the CL scheme off mate, only going next season if we get through the group, maybe be Europa anyway so who knows !

Same here... it's not a good experience. The atmosphere is massively diluted cos we're always mixed in with 30-40% away fans who've managed to get tickets, or tourists.
I'm a sucker for saying no then caving in, but did it last year with FA cup and don't regret it. Will do it with CL too. I'd rather save my money and use it for a the odd away trip.

chesterbells said:
hamad138 said:
Does Pep even wants to come to City?

In his books its written he hates clubs like chelsea where there is no history and a Money Guy controlling the club.

There a money guy controlling every club isnt there?!
Pep's views:

Money is bad. Unless a club had it 60 years ago and then it's "history" and it's wonderful.

Stifling a game is bad, Pep's teams should be allowed to roam carefree with all the space in the world. But passing the ball between your 2 centre backs for half an hour is glorious football and definitely not in any way nullifying a football match.

FanchesterCity said:
flb said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Totally agree with your comments about putting the effort in as we have to put the effort in to be able afford the price to watch our team play.

I have struggled this year to get next years season card and I am being relocated but I have to do it as it is in my genes to be their, I cant give in too easily and it would cost me more in the long run as I would attend all League games anywhere.

The only issue I now have is whether or not to join Champs League Cup scheme as I have an issue with the way FFP as been implemented by the governing body to stop my team from competing so why would I fund such corruption.

Im fucking the CL scheme off mate, only going next season if we get through the group, maybe be Europa anyway so who knows !

Same here... it's not a good experience. The atmosphere is massively diluted cos we're always mixed in with 30-40% away fans who've managed to get tickets, or tourists.
I'm a sucker for saying no then caving in, but did it last year with FA cup and don't regret it. Will do it with CL too. I'd rather save my money and use it for a the odd away trip.

Same mate, rather take my lad on the road now he's getting a bit older. The CL games have been a let down so far, at £80 ish for two tickets they can stick it up there arse if im honest, fucking corrupt competition anyway.

FanchesterCity said:

IMO two of our best atmospheres this entire season were vs. Bayern and vs. Barcelona, so I'd disagree. Those matches opened my eyes because they were full of tourists yet there was more noise than most Premier League games, particularly the 'mini-QPR' game against Bayern (the most feel-good moment of the season along with the home derby win).

Gelsons Dad said:
Damocles said:
Damanino said:
Fergie used hairdryer regularly. It got him quite a few trophies.

halfcenturyup said:
How does the infamous hairdryer treatment fit into these modern management techniques?

"The human beings I've dealt with are far more fragile than the human beings of 30 years ago," Ferguson insisted. "And I say that in a good sense because they're coming from better conditions. I couldn't lose my temper the way I did back then with people nowadays!

"Also, which has become very dominant in the English game is the culture of players from different countries - at United I think there are people from 20 different nationalities and that's a challenge because people from different cultures have to be addressed and you have to make sure that they are comfortable in their environment because it's a results industry and you need to get the best out of them."

-- Alex Ferguson, 2014.

Regarding Van Gaal bollocking Rooney - he probably has. And he's already been sacked because of it, he just doesn't know it yet. Same hadn't at Barca and Bayern too. He lost the dressing room and they eventually got fed up and stopped playing for him which led to him getting the sack. Considering that both clubs went on to far greater success without him than with him then you'd argue that he was holding them back to some degree.

This is a man who caused Rivaldo to leave Barcelona because he's a total bellend, that would be like Pellegrini constantly being a knob to David Silva to the point where he walks out. Rivaldo then went to Milan and immediately won the Champions League.

As our wise CEO once said, who actually dealt with Van Gaal on a personal basis:

‘If you treat your people badly, they remember. One day you make an error and they kill you. I’ve seen this in many clubs. Louis van Gaal has been a very good coach in many clubs but his style is very difficult. The same thing happened to him in Barcelona as in Bayern Munich. He is very tough, people don’t like him, but he wins. And one day you don’t win — and when you don’t win, everybody that is angry with you will come back to you and try to kill you. In the movies this works, in real life it doesn’t.’

Except that he wins and goes to another top club and wins and goes to another top club and wins....................

Actually after Barcelona nobody would touch him. He went to Ajax where again he was sacked for falling out with key personnel and his only option was to take a job with the fourth best team in the Netherlands. Not exactly Real Madrid. Hell, not exactly Atletico Madrid. He was employed as the manager for the fourth best team in about the sixth best league in the world.

He was able to rebuild some semblance of his reputation there after 4 years and even then he almost left halfway through his reign after finishing midtable and falling out with everybody.

So Bayern took a punt on him after the disastrous experiment of Klinsmann. Where he went and then immediately fell out with everybody and left unceremoniously after 2 years after almost dropping the only team in a one horse league not just out of the title race but out of the race for Europe, saved by a big run at the end of the season.

Then he went and declared that his style wasn't suited to club football so he'd take the Netherlands job where he gets to do the managing and tactics and what have you and almost never actually have to man manage his players. He did pretty well here and I think it's probably his best place in the modern game outside of a return to the Netherlands at a smaller team.

United have the foresight of a child and have no executive leadership at all since Ferguson left, essentially picking the flavour of the month and spunking millions on them rather than considering their worth as part of a long term strategy. So of course they offered Van Gaal and of course he accepted because it gave him a route back in. And of course it is going to end how every single Van Gaal managerial episode ends - the people that he's pissed off are going to implode and get him the sack. I'll give him 12 months before it happens

LoveCity said:
FanchesterCity said:

IMO two of our best atmospheres this entire season were vs. Bayern and vs. Barcelona, so I'd disagree. Those matches opened my eyes because they were full of tourists yet there was more noise than most Premier League games, particularly the 'mini-QPR' game against Bayern (the most feel-good moment of the season along with the home derby win).

you need to turn your hearing aids down a bit mate if you think them games were a good atmosphere, The Bayern game woke up when it went 2-2 , apart from that it was average as usual.

flb said:
LoveCity said:
FanchesterCity said:

you need to turn your hearing aids down a bit mate if you think them games were a good atmosphere, The Bayern game woke up when it went 2-2 , apart from that it was average as usual.

The fans got behind the team in both games more than they do even when a Premier League game is 0-0. I stand by what I said because I left both games surprised at how decent the atmospheres were despite so many unfamiliar faces (against Bayern most people walking past me weren't even speaking English). The Roma and CSKA games had poor atmospheres, just like Premier League games.

NQCitizen said:
chesterbells said:
hamad138 said:
Does Pep even wants to come to City?

In his books its written he hates clubs like chelsea where there is no history and a Money Guy controlling the club.

There a money guy controlling every club isnt there?!
Pep's views:

Money is bad. Unless a club had it 60 years ago and then it's "history" and it's wonderful.

Stifling a game is bad, Pep's teams should be allowed to roam carefree with all the space in the world. But passing the ball between your 2 centre backs for half an hour is glorious football and definitely not in any way nullifying a football match.

I absolutely loathe this 'history' nonsense. Rochdale have as much history as City. City have as much and Real Madrid. It just so happens some clubs had success in the past, and some didn't.... ups and downs etc.
The success Burnley or Wolves once had doesn't seem to count, as it 'too long ago', and the recent success of City doesn't count either as it's 'bought'.

If Guardiola really thinks the history of a a club is their trophy haul, he's no better then most morons down the pub.
How about doesn't something like Shankly or Clough did and taking a 'normal' club to greatness? Pep's only really had any success at two of the world's largest clubs. That's not really where the history of football lies is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.