Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
We can assume that Soriano and Txiki are responsible for the press reports that Pellegrini is safe for now, but what does Khaldoon think?

Meanwhile if you were Silva, or Aguero how long would you tolerate this farce? City are playing with fire by sitting on our hands and hoping for the best. It really is difficult to see how this wait and see approach can be justified.

This is an organisation that wants to supplant Man Utd, take on Barcelona and Real Madrid and set up an international ring of football clubs to dominate the world game. It's almost funny.

No point saying Get a Grip City! No one is there apart from a crowd of vultures looking on and laughing their heads off.
Spot on Marvin, spot on

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Damanino said:
Gambling on the WHU game is very risky. Reports say they are ready to fire him if they feel CL status is in danger but its in danger now and if we wait until we lose or draw to WHU hope we wont be late...

Of course we might still reach 3rd place too with a good run. But if gambling lose we lose lot bigger than what we win.

I wonder how fast they would react if Big Sam travels back to London with a point or even three...
Or would they still keep gambling on the Villa game after.

I think he should have gone already. Liverpool are in good form overall and WH is no easy game. It's a big gamble.

Well said both

Marvin said:
We can assume that Soriano and Txiki are responsible for the press reports that Pellegrini is safe for now, but what does Khaldoon think?

Meanwhile if you were Silva, or Aguero how long would you tolerate this farce? City are playing with fire by sitting on our hands and hoping for the best. It really is difficult to see how this wait and see approach can be justified.

This is an organisation that wants to supplant Man Utd, take on Barcelona and Real Madrid and set up an international ring of football clubs to dominate the world game. It's almost funny.

No point saying Get a Grip City! No one is there apart from a crowd of vultures looking on and laughing their heads off.

Not sure what else F&T can do but try and bolster Peller's position until the end of the season. We have 6 games left and we need to secure a top 4 spot so anything other than making positive noises would be daft. Same goes for the players. Whatever the board privately think it is imperative that we find a winning solution for the remaining games and then do a postmortum on why it has gone tits up in the last 3 months.

If were Aguero or Silva, I'd think 'ok, I've come to PL, and it worked out well for me. I enjoyed it, enhanced my reputation considerably, won two titles an FA Cup (not aguero) and a league cup'..... am I going to win much more here?

The answer is probably no. They might win a bit 'more of the same' (another trophy or league), but CL doesn't look realistic for some time.
Whilst not actively looking elsewhere, they must be pondering life after City.

4th place is a big gamble on its own. Guarantees no CL group stage and with 4-5 new first team player brought in in the summer we wont be a very gelled team to face a tricky European opponent in pre season to decide about our whole CL status.

Our knock out stage stage experience is poss poor imo in Europe. The last that wasnt horrible was the Hamburg tie probably. Since than what we have done vs the likes of Sporting, Kijev and Barca 4 times in a row doesnt tell me we could be overly optimistic if we meet CSKA or Lazio in August for the CL group stage.

Top3 should be targeted in last 6 games. Thats what guarantees CL and CL income. Derby win would have been perfect to get top3 or to improve our chances but thats gone now.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
don't want Rafa, hasn't consistently delivered major trophies as should be expected from an elite manager, underachieved at Napoli and after 2005, with Liverpool as well, as well as failing at Inter, regardless of how Mou had left the squad at the time.

Interesting that you dont think his trophy haul is good enough for us. Who would you go for this summer?

Damanino said:
4th place is a big gamble on its own. Guarantees no CL group stage and with 4-5 new first team player brought in in the summer we wont be a very gelled team to face a tricky European opponent in pre season to decide about our whole CL status.

Our knock out stage stage experience is poss poor imo in Europe. The last that wasnt horrible was the Hamburg tie probably. Since than what we have done vs the likes of Sporting, Kijev and Barca 4 times in a row doesnt tell me we could be overly optimistic if we meet CSKA or Lazio in August for the CL group stage.

Top3 should be targeted in last 6 games. Thats what guarantees CL and CL income. Derby win would have been perfect to get top3 or to improve our chances but thats gone now.

Spot on and we can still make third. I think you have to give Pellegrini the games. We've got a 5pt buffer to 5th with the goal difference so even if we slip up against West Ham it's in our hands. We can still catch the rags and with their fixtures and ours, on our usual form you'd expect us to... we just need to prove ourselves on the pitch, which is easier said than done on current form.

FanchesterCity said:
If were Aguero or Silva, I'd think 'ok, I've come to PL, and it worked out well for me. I enjoyed it, enhanced my reputation considerably, won two titles an FA Cup (not aguero) and a league cup'..... am I going to win much more here?

The answer is probably no. They might win a bit 'more of the same' (another trophy or league), but CL doesn't look realistic for some time.
Whilst not actively looking elsewhere, they must be pondering life after City.

Not sure if Barca, Bayern or Madrid would be in for Silva. But Kun's hot property. If we miss out on CL he will poke his head round Txiki's door and say "what the fuck is going on at this club"?

The moment he does that Pellegrini and Txiki will both have been deemed to have failed big style and will be in reciept of their P45s. Soriano who is doing a great job by all accounts will then have to decide but as some have said they come as a pair in which case it will be adios to him as well.

Then the only question is will Kun be satisfied by what Khaldoon says is going to happen in the summer.

If big K says Pogba, Sterling and Bale are on their way then he may well stay. However with no CL can we see Pogba, Sterling and Bale coming?

We have to qualify for CL or the problems will mount up. Txiki's between a rock and a hard place. If he says Pellegrini should go he is questioning his own judgement in hiring him. If Pellegrini stays and we miss out on CL then everyone else will be.

If I were him I'd cut Pellegrini adrift, admit it was a huge mistake and hope that PV can steer the ship to safety.

It's a right fuck up in anyone's language and I am sure Mansour is not amused. Heads will roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.