Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damanino said:
4th place is a big gamble on its own. Guarantees no CL group stage and with 4-5 new first team player brought in in the summer we wont be a very gelled team to face a tricky European opponent in pre season to decide about our whole CL status.

Our knock out stage stage experience is poss poor imo in Europe. The last that wasnt horrible was the Hamburg tie probably. Since than what we have done vs the likes of Sporting, Kijev and Barca 4 times in a row doesnt tell me we could be overly optimistic if we meet CSKA or Lazio in August for the CL group stage.

Top3 should be targeted in last 6 games. Thats what guarantees CL and CL income. Derby win would have been perfect to get top3 or to improve our chances but thats gone now.

Definitely, it could also make our summer harder to land our targets if we don't have a guaranteed place in the group stages, and our transfer rivals do. Top 3 is possible if we win our remaining 6. United still have to go to Stamford Bridge, play Arsenal (who beat them in the FA Cup), and a difficult away trip to Palace, I can see them dropping points somewhere along the way. On current form though, I really can't see us winning the last 6.

Just read he has a worse record than most bosses sacked recently including Bobby who was sacked after winning 10/14 games ( that surely must be some record )

You don't bolster his position by leaking that it's the players' fault and mention three players who will be out, including one who starts every game and two who regularly feature.

I hate this Euro politics nonsense. You don't have to justify your actions. Everyone can see why. Just get rid in the summer if that is what you want to do and take responsibility.

BobKowalski said:
Marvin said:
We can assume that Soriano and Txiki are responsible for the press reports that Pellegrini is safe for now, but what does Khaldoon think?

Meanwhile if you were Silva, or Aguero how long would you tolerate this farce? City are playing with fire by sitting on our hands and hoping for the best. It really is difficult to see how this wait and see approach can be justified.

This is an organisation that wants to supplant Man Utd, take on Barcelona and Real Madrid and set up an international ring of football clubs to dominate the world game. It's almost funny.

No point saying Get a Grip City! No one is there apart from a crowd of vultures looking on and laughing their heads off.

Not sure what else F&T can do but try and bolster Peller's position until the end of the season. We have 6 games left and we need to secure a top 4 spot so anything other than making positive noises would be daft. Same goes for the players. Whatever the board privately think it is imperative that we find a winning solution for the remaining games and then do a postmortum on why it has gone tits up in the last 3 months.

Damocles said:
Marvin said:
We can assume that Soriano and Txiki are responsible for the press reports that Pellegrini is safe for now, but what does Khaldoon think?

Considering they all had a board meeting together yesterday and wouldn't leak this stuff off of their own backs, Khaldoon and the Sheikh obviously think the same.

To be honest, I get the impression whatever disappointment may well exist with regards Pellegrini and his hand in our underperformance, there is absolute outright fury at the levels of commitment shown by certain players. They will without doubt be fucked off whereas a decision about Pellegrini will be much more considered and will be taken with one eye on who they can replace him with and when.

Everyone keeps looking at this from one angle - Pellegrini's gotta go. However it's worth looking at it from the club's point of view. You've got a shortlist of three candidates who you feel are the best people to succeed Pellegrini - but for whatever reason all three of them aren't prepared to come this summer. But, one of them (or all of them) is prepared to sign up for summer of 2016 now. Do you then sack Pellegrini for 12 months of drift? No you don't, and no the club won't.

It's going to come down to whether one of the three they want, they get. If they don't, there won't be a change this summer.

Stephenhakin said:
Just read he has a worse record than most bosses sacked recently including Bobby who was sacked after winning 10/14 games ( that surely must be some record )

We are on 4 straight away defeats, the last time we did that was under Pearce.

Sums up Pellegrini.

I want a change by weekend but I fear we are going to leave it to late.

Mister Appointment said:
Damocles said:
Marvin said:

Considering they all had a board meeting together yesterday and wouldn't leak this stuff off of their own backs, Khaldoon and the Sheikh obviously think the same.

To be honest, I get the impression whatever disappointment may well exist with regards Pellegrini and his hand in our underperformance, there is absolute outright fury at the levels of commitment shown by certain players. They will without doubt be fucked off whereas a decision about Pellegrini will be much more considered and will be taken with one eye on who they can replace him with and when.

Everyone keeps looking at this from one angle - Pellegrini's gotta go. However it's worth looking at it from the club's point of view. You've got a shortlist of three candidates who you feel are the best people to succeed Pellegrini - but for whatever reason all three of them aren't prepared to come this summer. But, one of them (or all of them) is prepared to sign up for summer of 2016 now. Do you then sack Pellegrini for 12 months of drift? No you don't, and no the club won't.

It's going to come down to whether one of the three they want, they get. If they don't, there won't be a change this summer.

Who are the 3? Pep? who else?

sam-caddick said:
Stephenhakin said:

We are on 4 straight away defeats, the last time we did that was under Pearce.

Sums up Pellegrini.

I want a change by weekend but I fear we are going to leave it to late.

As much as I like and respect him me too. Enough is enough.

robbieh said:
FanchesterCity said:
If were Aguero or Silva, I'd think 'ok, I've come to PL, and it worked out well for me. I enjoyed it, enhanced my reputation considerably, won two titles an FA Cup (not aguero) and a league cup'..... am I going to win much more here?

The answer is probably no. They might win a bit 'more of the same' (another trophy or league), but CL doesn't look realistic for some time.
Whilst not actively looking elsewhere, they must be pondering life after City.

Not sure if Barca, Bayern or Madrid would be in for Silva. But Kun's hot property. If we miss out on CL he will poke his head round Txiki's door and say "what the fuck is going on at this club"?

The moment he does that Pellegrini and Txiki will both have been deemed to have failed big style and will be in reciept of their P45s. Soriano who is doing a great job by all accounts will then have to decide but as some have said they come as a pair in which case it will be adios to him as well.

Then the only question is will Kun be satisfied by what Khaldoon says is going to happen in the summer.

If big K says Pogba, Sterling and Bale are on their way then he may well stay. However with no CL can we see Pogba, Sterling and Bale coming?

We have to qualify for CL or the problems will mount up. Txiki's between a rock and a hard place. If he says Pellegrini should go he is questioning his own judgement in hiring him. If Pellegrini stays and we miss out on CL then everyone else will be.

If I were him I'd cut Pellegrini adrift, admit it was a huge mistake and hope that PV can steer the ship to safety.

It's a right fuck up in anyone's language and I am sure Mansour is not amused. Heads will roll.

Correct, it is a fuck up.
Trouble is,Pellegrini won two trophies last season,so Txiki isn't likely to say that he got the appointment wrong.
For whatever reason,the wheels have fallen off.I'd have sacked him off after the Liverpool defeat fwiw.
The club are sticking with Pellers now though, and hoping for the best,seemingly.

halfcenturyup said:
You don't bolster his position by leaking that it's the players' fault and mention three players who will be out, including one who starts every game and two who regularly feature.

I hate this Euro politics nonsense. You don't have to justify your actions. Everyone can see why. Just get rid in the summer if that is what you want to do and take responsibility.

No you don't start lambasting the players either which is what I said. You don't do post-mortems when the patient is still alive and has an important job to do. What we should be doing is fixing things up and sending everyone out to do their fucking job something no one has been doing pretty much all season. Manager, coaching staff, players no one is coming out of this with any credit and some will pay and be moved on.

BobKowalski said:
Marvin said:

Meanwhile if you were Silva, or Aguero how long would you tolerate this farce? City are playing with fire by sitting on our hands and hoping for the best. It really is difficult to see how this wait and see approach can be justified.

This is an organisation that wants to supplant Man Utd, take on Barcelona and Real Madrid and set up an international ring of football clubs to dominate the world game. It's almost funny.

No point saying Get a Grip City! No one is there apart from a crowd of vultures looking on and laughing their heads off.

Not sure what else F&T can do but try and bolster Peller's position until the end of the season. We have 6 games left and we need to secure a top 4 spot so anything other than making positive noises would be daft. Same goes for the players. Whatever the board privately think it is imperative that we find a winning solution for the remaining games and then do a postmortum on why it has gone tits up in the last 3 months.

BobKowalski said:
Not sure what else F&T can do but try and bolster Peller's position until the end of the season. We have 6 games left and we need to secure a top 4 spot so anything other than making positive noises would be daft.

I want him gone as much as anyone but this is exactly right - total support until the minute he is fired.

I would even make him feel safe behind the scenes pretty much every second I wasn't negotiating with his replacement. He will be exceptionally well compensated when he leaves, so no need to feel sorry for him. Manuel did well out of us.

The terrifying thought is that they may actually believe what they are leaking and want to keep him. Then we are in trouble IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.