Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John.des said:
I really wonder if Barca, Real, Bayern would have a similar run of results since January, how sooner would they fire the manager. No way they would still drag a manager for another games....

If we want to be like those clubs, we cant put up with managers like this.

If Pelle does the same run at Bayern he would have been shot around start of March maybe. But we waited until we are 15 points behind Chelsea. Or until 4th place is risky.

Mansour doesnt want us to be seen as a firing club. Well then eat what you cooked. Because now people might not see us in the CL at all next season.

4th place gets us only a qualifier and that is no guarantee of CL group stage, as we will be pressed by a quality team in august and its not gonna be fucking Burnley, Palace level of opponent.

Barca, Real and Bayern aren't as holistic as us, we all pull in the same direction apparently.

BobKowalski said:
dancity19 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Whether they sack him immediately depends on whether (a) they have someone who they believe can take the reins for the rest of the season and (b) whether anyone in (a) is more likely to get us top 3 than Pellegrini.

That implies the decision has been made that he is going? Or am I reading too much into that...

I don't think you need to be ITK to realise Peller's time is up. Its been telegraphed ever since his agent started a blog about the top 5 restaurants in Naples.

My contact in the far east is saying his time is up

BobKowalski said:
dancity19 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Whether they sack him immediately depends on whether (a) they have someone who they believe can take the reins for the rest of the season and (b) whether anyone in (a) is more likely to get us top 3 than Pellegrini.

That implies the decision has been made that he is going? Or am I reading too much into that...

I don't think you need to be ITK to realise Peller's time is up. Its been telegraphed ever since his agent started a blog about the top 5 restaurants in Naples.
I'm not ITK on this but you're right. His time is clearly up and the only decision is whether it will do more harm than good by keeping him in place for the last few games or by sacking him now.

chris85mcfc said:
BobKowalski said:
dancity19 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Chris but Beijing Red4life on Twitter might not be the most reliable source of information.

chris85mcfc said:
BobKowalski said:
dancity19 said:

Hull?

chris85mcfc said:
BobKowalski said:
dancity19 said:

Bloody well hope so. The owners must realize that a lot of money is at stake here. Not only the lost CL dosh but also how that affects FFP and potential signings like Pogba. It is all seriously up in the air.

If Khaldoun, Soriano think Pellegrini is now a liability he will be offed. They are ruthless. we have seen it before.

Don't know much about Sabella, but if he can organize a defence and is available get him in for a 6 game job interview, if the club is nervous about upgrading PV.

I

I'm not joking when I say with him in charge I think we will lose to West Ham Spurs and villa in the next fixtures. Carroll, Kane and Benteke will take same approach as fellani and bully that back four who will have no protection from the two in front.

Assuming he's being turfed he needs to be turfed now.

New manager syndrome whoever it is will be worth a few points.

Without really producing we were going ok until the Kun injury and even then bumbled along with no forwards getting level with Chelsea. I think we all expected to push on from there but something went wrong and Pelli has plan A and plan B. Plan B being Lampard.

The transfer committee totally fucked up this season as well and should follow him out of the door.

The unfortunate thing is that we still have things to play for... had we at least sealed the top 3 but the club still wanted him out then we could give Vieira the first team for a while and see how things went. As it is, it's too big a job to sack Pellegrini now. How we could do with a player like Vieira in his prime to support Fernandinho. Fernandinho has been so good of late, next season with someone like Koke beside him we'll be a force again.

Neville Kneville said:
dancity19 said:
Neville Kneville said:
Even if the new manager doesn't want him so we have to sack him again ?

Good start.

I have said time after time on this thread, that my only issue with putting Vieira in would be promoting him, to then demote him. By demoting I mean sending him back to EDS.

If it can be sorted/arranged in a way that suits all, it's what we need to do.

We would need to know that the next manager would accept him, & therefore, it means we would need to know who the next manager actually is.

Not very easy to organise really. Especially if the next manager doesn't even know if he's leaving or staying at his current club yet.

But the next permanent manager wouldn't have any say re Vieira's position at the club, it's not a choice for that person.
People 'act up' in the short term in organisations all the time for all sorts of short term reasons, and that is never viewed as a promotion then demotion, it's something which is pre-agreed up front, and allows the person to gain experience. I honestly don't think Vieira would have a problem with it (also confirmed in Daily Mail article overnight), and the next permanent manager wouldn't have any say in his EDS role. Do it City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.