Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrighty Wrexham said:
What use is Brian Kidd!!

Just sat there with Mancini now doing the same with Pellers.

Bring in Veira so he can sit there again and help with the day to day stuff. Hardly inspiring is he?

In the nicest possible way I think Kidd is just a glorified liaison officer from the club staff to the management team. I always doubted how much input he had when Mancini was here and likewise I doubt he has little or no input, tactically with Pellegrini.

Kidd isn't the issue though. Not by along stretch. Wouldn't surprise me if he just called it a day at the end of the season now regardless.

Neville Kneville said:
dancity19 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Whether they sack him immediately depends on whether (a) they have someone who they believe can take the reins for the rest of the season and (b) whether anyone in (a) is more likely to get us top 3 than Pellegrini.

That implies the decision has been made that he is going? Or am I reading too much into that.

If so, why keep him. Put Vieira in. Can do no worse. Then do what United did with Giggs and offer Vieira a number 2 role.

Even if the new manager doesn't want him so we have to sack him again ?

Good start.

I have said time after time on this thread, that my only issue with putting Vieira in would be promoting him, to then demote him. By demoting I mean sending him back to EDS.

If it can be sorted/arranged in a way that suits all, it's what we need to do.

Lomas has a lob on said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
What use is Brian Kidd!!

Bring in Veira so he can sit there again and help with the day to day stuff. Hardly inspiring is he?

In the nicest possible way I think Kidd is just a glorified liaison officer from the club staff to the management team. I always doubted how much input he had when Mancini was here and likewise I doubt he has little or no input, tactically with Pellegrini.

Kidd isn't the issue though. Not by along stretch. Wouldn't surprise me if he just called it a day at the end of the season now regardless.
I'm sure that Kidd isn't a huge problem but surely nobody thinks he is the answer, even for 6 matches. If we do sack Pellegrini in an effort to get that short term, immediate "bounce" that we so desperately need then you'd have to question the sanity of the Spaniards if they really think that Kidd is the man to have the desired effect.

dancity19 said:
Neville Kneville said:
dancity19 said:
That implies the decision has been made that he is going? Or am I reading too much into that.

If so, why keep him. Put Vieira in. Can do no worse. Then do what United did with Giggs and offer Vieira a number 2 role.

Even if the new manager doesn't want him so we have to sack him again ?

Good start.

I have said time after time on this thread, that my only issue with putting Vieira in would be promoting him, to then demote him. By demoting I mean sending him back to EDS.

If it can be sorted/arranged in a way that suits all, it's what we need to do.

We would need to know that the next manager would accept him, & therefore, it means we would need to know who the next manager actually is.

Not very easy to organise really. Especially if the next manager doesn't even know if he's leaving or staying at his current club yet.

What you hope is that they have a plan, that this hasn't caught them unprepared, so in that case we trust the owners and management team of the club to make the right decisions.

Getting rid now though kinda makes no sense unless you could get someone for next season as well as this. Putting someone in charge for 6 games and then someone new comes in will cause longer term disruption. I think we have to keep the faith and just beg the players and manager to get passionate about every minute of every match remaining.

supercity88 said:
We'll see in the next game if Pellegrini is worthy of another year or not. If he drops Kompany and Yaya (the captain and vice captain) and gives the likes of Silva, Fernandinho and Aguero the support they need then he's shown the balls to manage this club.

He needs to play the players that give us the most fight. Yaya and Kompany have had plenty of chances, yesterday was time to show their form and ability. They failed. Give someone like Hart the captaincy. He was bigging them up in the tunnel - he loves the club and he will organise the defence. He's a natural leader. Or give it to Kun or Silva as reward for their ability.

Either way, Pellegrini needs to show the squad he is boss. His system doesn't work without committed players. For a big game I get why he picked the side he did... but they didn't repay his faith. It's now time to show them what happens when they don't fight for the shirt.

Playing a crocked Vinny was about as stupid as it gets in a derby game so the medico's , Vinny hmself and MP have to answer to that as well.

If he was 100 per cent as MP claimed right to go physically and mentally for that game then MP is poor at lying to the press.

mancityvstoke said:
They won't sack a manager of Champions after a Derby game.

It would look like Utd lost us our manager.

If it happens it will be after another game or the end of the season.
'Yes, yes I understand we have only won 4 of the last 15 games, just got humiliated by United and our CL spot is under threat but if we sack him now the press might say nasty things.'

If that's the case the management team should be fucked off too

Lancet Fluke said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
What use is Brian Kidd!!

I'm sure that Kidd isn't a huge problem but surely nobody thinks he is the answer, even for 6 matches. If we do sack Pellegrini in an effort to get that short term, immediate "bounce" that we so desperately need then you'd have to question the sanity of the Spaniards if they really think that Kidd is the man to have the desired effect.

He could "babysit" for a game but I agree not for 6 games, especially as these 6 games now look like must wins!!

But he may serve a purpose helping Vieira out!?

dancity19 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Whether they sack him immediately depends on whether (a) they have someone who they believe can take the reins for the rest of the season and (b) whether anyone in (a) is more likely to get us top 3 than Pellegrini.

That implies the decision has been made that he is going? Or am I reading too much into that...

I don't think you need to be ITK to realise Peller's time is up. Its been telegraphed ever since his agent started a blog about the top 5 restaurants in Naples.

BobKowalski said:
dancity19 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

That implies the decision has been made that he is going? Or am I reading too much into that...

I don't think you need to be ITK to realise Peller's time is up. Its been telegraphed ever since his agent started a blog about the top 5 restaurants in Naples.

I'm sure it has been made. And if it has - do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.