Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep - King in waiting is the key

I think Pep is an excellent coach. He has that certain quality that makes him world class and bigger than any player in the dressing room, he is a father figure/protector of his players, footballing philosopher yet ruthless. He keeps his players very motivated, almost willing to die for him and on their toes. He is also a great tactician something missing with Pellegrini, he is constantly thinking and sets up to nullify teams strengths, he is fluid in the way he sets up the team and responds during match play.

Therefore in my opinion he is worth the wait as I think he can take us to the next level and beyond. The powers that be have their game plan and I cannot see us chopping and changing for the sake of it if Pep is the goal. Pellegrini is more than good enough to lead us next year and the acquisition of players will I am sure be in line with Pep's needs.

If there is not a reasonable expectation or deal done for Pep already then I agree that Pellegrini is vulnerable if the right manager became available. Personally I would wait for Pep....

"The players, the managers, the owners, the fans, we are not happy with what we did, but I think we are working in the right way and we must arrange some things to try to win the title again next season."

Oh dear, he's really staying isn't he?

LoveCity said:
"The players, the managers, the owners, the fans, we are not happy with what we did, but I think we are working in the right way and we must arrange some things to try to win the title again next season."

If he stays it'll certainly separate the men from the boys amongst our supporters. Way too many mard arses have had their fannies out all season.

Shaelumstash said:
mosssideblue said:
de niro said:
i think pellers has gone.

if he stays we have just wasted a lot of money and a lot of concrete building a new stand. the place will be empty.

Cannot see that myself. City fans, if nothing are loyal and will continue to rock up. If after finishing 1st, 2nd, 1st & ? in the last four seasons is going to turn the fans away, then I will be amazed.

It's a combination of things mate. Our attendances dropped in Pearce's last season. It wasn't because our supporters suddenly stopped becoming loyal, it's because the football was boring, so the casual fan stopped coming. For a season ticket next year it is approaching £40 a game, that is getting towards the brink of being unaffordable. Match day tickets will be £50 plus next season. For an occasional fan to fork out £50, they better feel like they are going to get their money's worth and be entertained. 2-2's at home to Burnely, defending like schoolchildren, and watching Fernando trudge around midfield is not worth £50 of anyone's money.

Opinion is one thing but embellishing it with added details that are untrue is another. The majority of STs are in the range £299-£620 for Adult Gold and any existing ST holder who wanted one could have one within that range. That means at even the upper level of $620 it is £32ish and a bit.

Mister Appointment said:
LoveCity said:

If he stays it'll certainly separate the men from the boys amongst our supporters. Way too many mard arses have had their fannies out all season.

Whether stays or goes won't affect my love for City. If he stays it might just temper my optimism for next season. He's not Stuart Pearce but IF he stays I would worry about our ability to finish top 4 next season purely based on the scale of our collapse in 2015.

He has been unfortunate in that he has always been hampered by FFP plus this season he's had to deal with a few players who've thrown toys out of prams. At the same time too much of the basics of good management have been poor (organisation, defensive set up, set pieces and team selection to name but a few).

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Shaelumstash said:
mosssideblue said:
Cannot see that myself. City fans, if nothing are loyal and will continue to rock up. If after finishing 1st, 2nd, 1st & ? in the last four seasons is going to turn the fans away, then I will be amazed.

It's a combination of things mate. Our attendances dropped in Pearce's last season. It wasn't because our supporters suddenly stopped becoming loyal, it's because the football was boring, so the casual fan stopped coming. For a season ticket next year it is approaching £40 a game, that is getting towards the brink of being unaffordable. Match day tickets will be £50 plus next season. For an occasional fan to fork out £50, they better feel like they are going to get their money's worth and be entertained. 2-2's at home to Burnely, defending like schoolchildren, and watching Fernando trudge around midfield is not worth £50 of anyone's money.

Opinion is one thing but embellishing it with added details that are untrue is another. The majority of STs are in the range £299-£620 for Adult Gold and any existing ST holder who wanted one could have one within that range. That means at even the upper level of $620 it is £32ish and a bit.

When you say "The majority are £299-£620" is that your opinion, or are you embellishing it with added details? My ticket in the first tier is £750 next season, which works out at £39.47 a game. I'm not exaggerating, that's just the truth. As far as I'm aware, the whole of the middle tier is going up even further in price than the first tier.

So as apposed to "The majority" being £299-£620", what you actually mean is that the 3rd tier and some seats behind the goals fall in to that bracket. For a casual fan who's wanting to come to a league game next season and sit in a half decent seat, they're going to be looking at around £50 a game. That was my original point, and I stand by it.

LoveCity said:

Thoroughly and abjectly depressing.

If he does stay, then it merely confirms that the people in charge are clueless.

Only at City would we sack a manager who came 2nd and runner up in the fa-cup, only to keep a manager who has us playing our worst football since Pearce and might see us scrape 4th.

Typical fucking City.

Sad news if that interpretation is true, can't see him successfully overseeing another summer window or rebuilding process. Team look uninspired by him as is.

Big Yaya Wilko 12 said:
LoveCity said:

If he does stay, then it merely confirms that the people in charge are clueless.

Only at City would we sack a manager who came 2nd and runner up in the fa-cup, only to keep a manager who has us playing our worst football since Pearce and might see us scrape 4th.

Typical fucking City.

Completely agree.

The only way it makes sense to keep Pellegrini is if Pep has assured us he is coming next year. The problem is, when we finish 6th next season, and all the players want to leave, see how quickly Pep changes his mind!

Big Yaya Wilko 12 said:
LoveCity said:

Typical fucking City.

images

170+ goals in the last two season and a league and cup double equates to the worst football since Pearce?

Fuck it, im going for RAG wum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.