Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dave_blue12 said:
I don't get all this Bobby Manc love.

We were truly fuckin awful in 12/13 after our first title. We lost the title to a shit rags team ffs !

Do I want him back ? No ! But right now I've had enough of Pellegrini and his bollox selections. We did better with no strikers !
At least we weren't in a scrap for 2nd with Mancini .
And he did take us to a cup final .
He would have won that if the club hadn't decided to sack him .
Anyway i want to see Pellergrini go tomorrow .

flb said:
dctid said:
flb said:
The club just doesn't have an advantage anymore like we did have when we first built the squad, at this moment in time our squad just isn't as good as Chelsea's , doesn't have the options that even United have on the bench and even Arsenal now are relaxing the purse strings now the Emirates is nearly paid for.

All we have yet again is a mountain of money to go full circle and totally rebuild the squad, believe me do you really see the likes of Pogba or Bale wanting to roll up at City? Would Sterling choose us over Chelsea or Arsenal?

We have badly got things wrong in topping up the squad since the first title win, quantity over quality and buying totally inadequate players for big money has seen us drop down the pecking order this season.

Does Pellegrini even rate Mangala for example? Ditto Fernando ? Has he been given poor tools to work with by our DoF?

Big big questions to be asked and to be honest what the fuck is going on?

But do you see Pellegrini trying to changer it use different tactics i dont

He wants to play two strikers that's a fact we all have to get used to, right now none of us know what the bigger picture is or what is going on behind the scenes, we looked capable at Christmas of retaining our title even not playing at our best.

Something has gone badly wrong since January, political shit if you ask me.

The guys clueless and the sooner he's gone the better. Groundhog day once again for me once again.

Copy and paste

*This thread is very similar to when we lost to Arsenal in 2012*

dave_blue12 said:

We were truly fuckin awful in 12/13 after our first title. We lost the title to a shit rags team ffs !

Do I want him back ? No ! But right now I've had enough of Pellegrini and his bollox selections. We did better with no strikers !

Both Mancini and manuel were flawed, but since it is well accepted that a lot of the players and staff hated mancini pellegrini's record this season of 4 th in the league and shite in all cup competitions shows that Mancini is certainly the better manager at getting results when things are going badly

We need a new manager for next year

hilts said:
dave_blue12 said:

Both Mancini and manuel were flawed, but since it is well accepted that a lot of the players and staff hated mancini pellegrini's record this season of 4 th in the league and shite in all cup competitions shows that Mancini is certainly the better manager at getting results when things are going badly

We need a new manager now!

Fixed

pudge said:
Copy and paste

Maybe so, but this isn't just kneejerk. Pellers has been shite most of this season. There are worrying trends that have been on display all year. We have not performed at the required level this season & a large part of this stems from the manager!

pudge said:
Copy and paste

So I don't misunderstand...... you're saying we are overreacting and we're going to win the league?

OB1 said:
bondsman said:
OB1 said:
Exactly.

People can complain all they like about Pellers tonight, and I have criticisms, but the team he fielded should have been more than capable of winning that game. Unfortunately, yet again, crucial errors were made defensively and the team were not clinical enough at the other end; also, we had the obligatory howler(s) from the officials. That has very much been the story of our season but Pellegrini has not helped himself and he has got too many managerial decisions wrong because too many things have gone wrong. His player though have even more to answer for. No one can seriously complain that he picked Dinho tonight but his stupid challenge cost us dearly. On the other hand, perhaps if he had stuck with Mangala, the Dinho challenge would not have been "needed".

The squad needs an overhaul, it needed it last summer but the money could not be spent. This summer some serious changes are needed and the manager will likely be one of them.

Tosh about the money! Fernando, caballero, mangala and now bony prove that money was available. No excuses.

We had to fill those positions this summer / January but we needed to do much more and more money could not be spent. We could not (e.g.) compete for signings like Fabregas and Sanchez due to FFP restrictions.

Disagree no need to spunk 6 million on caballero or 32 on mangala. He never even plays the later so the need cant have been that great especially with nasty in squad. He's spent a fortune on dross. If we had added Sanchez for instance we would have been better spending just on one quality player who is proven rather than wasting money on maybes. The guy is a clown.

bondsman said:
OB1 said:
bondsman said:
Tosh about the money! Fernando, caballero, mangala and now bony prove that money was available. No excuses.

We had to fill those positions this summer / January but we needed to do much more and more money could not be spent. We could not (e.g.) compete for signings like Fabregas and Sanchez due to FFP restrictions.

Disagree no need to spunk 6 million on caballero or 32 on mangala. He never even plays the later so the need cant have been that great especially with nasty in squad. He's spent a fortune on dross. If we had added Sanchez for instance we would have been better spending just on one quality player who is proven rather than wasting money on maybes. The guy is a clown.

I think so too, but I'm not sure the signings are down to him. I think Cheeky needs to be looked at too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.