Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s nothing wrong with 4-4-2, just as long as you’ve got the personnel for pace on the wings and strength in the middle.

United had that balance , but struggled once Scholes and Keane lost their energy.
City just don’t suit that formation, always looking lopsided with too many lightweight attackers, and supposed holding players, who are always a yard behind the action.
That doesn’t mean they’re bad players, but we’ve got too many square pegs in round holes
That’s why our best formation doesn’t include our best players.

Let's face facts he played the formation and players today with rotation in mind, he didnt have a moment of enlightenment, next time we play he will revert to type, this isn't a turning point more a fluke due to circumstance

This day 2 years ago we'd scored 97 goals in all comps , this year we've got 68, nearly 30 goal difference just under a goal a game

I'm pretty sure Pellers will revert to the same predictable formation we have been using all season.. Yaya and ferna in midfield, sterling, silva and kbd as attackig mids and Aguero as striker.. Substitute Navas in the 60th min.. Demichelles/ Fernando in the 80th minute and kelechi in the 88th minute.. Rinse repeat in the next game
hahaha, you just know that this will happen.

Got everything right today. He's had plenty of stick, rightly, recently, but it's a shame that a few are having a pop on the back of that game.

4-4-2 is a little risky against Everton as they'll outnumber us all over the pitch but at this point I'd probably risk it. Sergio really came to life with a partner and there were layers to pass into all over the pitch, which was nice. Norwich were pretty poor and Everton offer a much more stern test but I think we need to do something as the current XI just isn't in sync

I said to my mate on Thursday I think the game last Wednesday was a tactical stroke by Manuel, think it was a Trajan horse type of thing knowing we had a league game in between which is if anything more important than the semi. I was thinking that Manuel had the aim to draw the game and that's why he set up with a 433 to try and just keep the possession and try and get an away goal but at the same time not letting them gauge our full strength of attack until Wednesday. I think we will walk all over them on Wednesday and in the second leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.